Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Book Talk
What are you reading right now?

I'm working on Hells Angels by Hunter S. Thompson, and I'm liking it so far. It's different from what I am usually reading, and I am really enjoying it so far!
I just read The Time Traveler's Wife and it was awesome! Also, I am about 3/4 of the way through The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova and it's fantastic too. It's a book about Dracula (no....not an Anne Rice-type vampire) and it's really riveting. So much so that I can't read Barron's Business Law now even though I really should be. :o
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
I just read Who Moved My Cheese, what a great book. You can read it in an hour, I really enjoyed it.
I just got 3 James Fenimore Cooper books that I hope to dive into ASAP.
I'm currently alternating between this week's People magazine and a managerial accounting textbook. :o
[SIZE="2"]TECEP's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]English Composition 102[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Technical Writing[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Psychology of Women[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Word Processing Fundamentals[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Computer Information Systems[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]CLEP's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Analyzing and Interpreting Literature - 60[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Management - 71[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Marketing - 67[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Macroeconomics - 54 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Microeconomics - 57 [/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Business Law- 65 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]DSST's passed:[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Supervision - 59[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Introduction to Business - 63[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]Principles of Financial Accounting- 54[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]FEMA Credits earned: 15[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ALEKS Intro to Stats completed 3/10/09 [/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]ASBA - TESC - 3/6/09
BSBA - general management in progress
[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Working on: PF Business and Technical Writing[/SIZE]
WendyR Wrote:I'm currently alternating between this week's People magazine and a managerial accounting textbook. :o

By the way, what is Britney up to this week? Still crazy or still cured? It changes every week. hilarious
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Purple"]Thomas Edison State College BSBA - 6/10
Excelsior College BS Liberal Arts - 9/10

Amberton MBA - 12/13 [/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
AimsHigh Wrote:What are you reading right now?

A book which collects four of the tales from Chaucer's main work into one, well-annotated volume.

I recently finished the Seamus Heaney translation of Beowulf and enjoyed it immensely. What poetic and effective writing! I hope the rest of British Lit is just as good.
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]
I am reading "Crashing through"; a true story of Risk and Adventure and the Man who dared to see. Written by Robert Kurson, it is a very good book

I am also Reading what Makes the Great Great by Dennis Kimbro.
I have read many motivational books but non has had such an impact on me as this way.
It has just opened my mind in a way I could never say.
I got this Book from the Library, but I am going to buy one for myself as a Gift to me.
I love one sentance is the book by an Englist poets "My Mind to me a Kingdom is!!!" I found this to be a very powerful statement and very revealing and provoking

Mapalo
I just finished reading "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls. Easily one of the best books I've read. It's a true story of how Jeannette grew up under the most dire of home circumstances (sometimes homeless--sometimes living in the desert--sometimes in a cabin with no indoor plumbing that only occasionally had electricity--and when it did the appliances in the kitchen would shock the children due to faulty wiring--and constantly hungry) and grew up to be a very successful columnist. What makes it great is that her parents--who stayed together through almost their entire life--were brilliant but also quite tweaked--and the stories she tells about the great values that were instilled in her by them in the midst of unthinkable neglect are amazing.
My Excelsior Journey
Bachelor of Science in General Business, cum laude
Excelsior College
cookderosa Wrote:I just read Who Moved My Cheese, what a great book. You can read it in an hour, I really enjoyed it.
I just got 3 James Fenimore Cooper books that I hope to dive into ASAP.

I read that book before. It was pretty good, but I never figured out who cut the cheese.Wink
[SIZE="1"]Introductory Sociology 70
Biology 64
Principles of Management 69
Principles of Marketing 61
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 75 (w/ passing on essay)
English Composition w/ essay 65
American Government 61
Western Civilization I 72 (w/ passing on college essay)
Western Civilization II 63
Intro to Criminal Justice 446
U.S. History I 78 (w/ passing on college essay)
U.S. History II 71 (w/ passing on college essay)
Introductory Business Law 73
Principles of Public Speaking 71 (w/ passing on speech)
Spanish 74
College Mathematics 59 [/SIZE]

How good are you? Take the good person test. . . http://www.whatstandard.com/
In the past month and a half I have been looking for inspiration and ideas for the rest of my life. I have read some excellent books including Who moved my Cheese, The Last Lecture, MY TIME Making the most out of the rest of your life, LEAP What will you do with the rest of your life, Gift from the Sea, Second Careers-new ways to work after 50, and A Year by the sea thoughts of an unfinished womenThese were all great books with lots of ideas. For enjoyment I have also been reading some Tony Hillerman novels about navaho indians and some Catherine Coulter FBI novels. In between I am reading, Cliff notes, REA books and other LOL Exciting LOL books on Physics and calculus.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Talk to me about Smartsheet Vle045 4 593 05-17-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Project Management book bundle rachel83az 2 652 01-22-2022, 05:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Write a Book dewisant 13 2,107 06-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  19 year old book carebear_007 3 889 03-19-2021, 10:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  my book is free today! cookderosa 2 1,028 10-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Cookderosa's new book --- Homeschooling For College Credit Daithi 37 8,034 06-17-2018, 07:26 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Bill Gates offers all US grads a free book MNomadic 4 1,394 06-05-2018, 07:39 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  Amazon book sale coupon code - HOLIDAY30, 30% off any printed book OfficerA 1 1,208 11-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Last Post: lavagirl
  Judge a book by it's cover - ink and metal mrs.b 15 1,810 08-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Please help me talk some sense into my sister! sanantone 38 6,891 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone