Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Capstone and COVID
Hi everyone.  My two sons have 2 1/2 weeks of the Capstone left.  So far they have straight A's on everything, and they have completed everything ahead except for the final paper and the discussion responses.  They were hoping to start working on the final paper with their extra time.  Then our entire family came down with COVID.  They have fever, coughing, and nausea which makes it very difficult to write a final paper.  They contacted the teacher when they first got sick a week ago, but they are not bouncing back.  None of us are.  Does anyone know other than the extra over $300 a piece extension fee, of anything the college can do to help?

They are scared they are running out of time, and I was wondering how long most of you took to do the final paper?
Oh no! I have nothing useful to say except I hope you all feel better soon.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Dorothy44, Novo
https://www.tesu.edu/updates/frequently-asked-questions

"I am in the last TESU course(s) needed to finish my degree, but I need an extension to finish due to the effects of the virus. What can I do about this?

We can review your final grades for June graduation consideration as long as they are received in our office by May 15, 2020. It is critical that you keep Academic Advising updated as to your plans so we will know how you are proceeding toward graduation."

The dates may be different but the answer would be the same - Contact advising. I am sure they have a process in place for just what you're describing in your post.

And I wish you all a quick and full recovery.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • Dorothy44
Yes, I would recommend trying the instructor again, in addition, carbon copy the academic advising team, and I also get into contact with the registrar or anyone higher up the chain to inform them you need options asap. Hopefully someone will get back with you soon and hope your family have a quick recovery and find the time to heal/recover properly. I would place health/family before school and work... once your health gets back into shape, you can work on the schooling, etc after.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Dorothy44, Novo
Thank you everyone for the great advice!
They may waive the $300 fee for him, or charge it but provide a grant.

(08-05-2021, 04:13 PM)Dorothy44 Wrote: Hi everyone.  My two sons have 2 1/2 weeks of the Capstone left.  So far they have straight A's on everything, and they have completed everything ahead except for the final paper and the discussion responses.  They were hoping to start working on the final paper with their extra time.  Then our entire family came down with COVID.  They have fever, coughing, and nausea which makes it very difficult to write a final paper.  They contacted the teacher when they first got sick a week ago, but they are not bouncing back.  None of us are.  Does anyone know other than the extra over $300 a piece extension fee, of anything the college can do to help?

They are scared they are running out of time, and I was wondering how long most of you took to do the final paper?

Sorry to hear that.  

According to my notes, it took me 11hours to write the final paper.  I was writing around 500 words per hour which included gathering up the research links.  But I also knew a lot about Google and could write a lot of stuff just off the top of my head, so your time depending on your topic, could be longer.

Doing an outline is the first step in getting started.  I would try to do that if you can.  Then wait for a day when they feel good enough to do some writing.  If you got straight A's to this point, nothing should stop you from passing the course, so you should be ok. After that, take the extension if you need it.

I'll say a prayer for you and your family. Get well soon.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Dorothy44
LevelUP

Thank you again for all your help. Our area is one of the hardest hit in the nation right now, and the hospitals are full of both vaccinated and unvaccinated people.

I am surprised it took so little time to do the paper. I was imagining much longer. I appreciate all your help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 362 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 478 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,042 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU BUS-2100 Quantitative Skills for Business MortySanchez 2 345 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  SDC Business 311: Project Management Staceys88 3 367 07-10-2023, 10:56 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  New Student: Business Degree Course Map Nate121693 11 992 05-15-2023, 04:58 AM
  Tesu business Pats20 18 1,636 05-03-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat