Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business capstone midterm question
I'm studying for the midterm and am scheduled to take it on Wednesday.  I have the study guide from moodle and the quizlet from posabsolute (thank you!).  In your experience, were there any "surprise" essay questions?  I am concentrating on all questions marked with an 'E' on the study guide and feel confident that I will be able to write something about each on test day.  But I am horrible at writing on the fly, especially when being timed, so I'm a bit worried that there will be an essay question appearing that I won't be able to fully answer and I'll lose 20 points.  Thanks for your feedback!
[-] The following 2 users Like Diana321's post:
  • akr680, Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 07:10 AM)Diana321 Wrote: I'm studying for the midterm and am scheduled to take it on Wednesday.  I have the study guide from moodle and the quizlet from posabsolute (thank you!).  In your experience, were there any "surprise" essay questions?  I am concentrating on all questions marked with an 'E' on the study guide and feel confident that I will be able to write something about each on test day.  But I am horrible at writing on the fly, especially when being timed, so I'm a bit worried that there will be an essay question appearing that I won't be able to fully answer and I'll lose 20 points.  Thanks for your feedback!

Is this for the BUS-421 business administration capstone? I'm taking my midterm on Thursday! I hate essay questions too, so I would also love to hear anyone's thoughts on their experience.
[-] The following 2 users Like studyandpass5's post:
  • Diana321, Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 01:11 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 07:10 AM)Diana321 Wrote: I'm studying for the midterm and am scheduled to take it on Wednesday.  I have the study guide from moodle and the quizlet from posabsolute (thank you!).  In your experience, were there any "surprise" essay questions?  I am concentrating on all questions marked with an 'E' on the study guide and feel confident that I will be able to write something about each on test day.  But I am horrible at writing on the fly, especially when being timed, so I'm a bit worried that there will be an essay question appearing that I won't be able to fully answer and I'll lose 20 points.  Thanks for your feedback!

Is this for the BUS-421 business administration capstone? I'm taking my midterm on Thursday! I hate essay questions too, so I would also love to hear anyone's thoughts on their experience
He said in the title this is for the BUS Capstone so yes.  (I have made that same mistake about the title before too.)  I wanted to write something to subscribe to this thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dorothy44's post:
  • Diana321
I just glanced at the midterm study guide again, and from my recollection the 4 short-essays I got were all covered in those topics.

Study the flashcards, know the lists of items, and you should be fine. Even if you forget one or two items on the list, when you answer the questions, just make your best guesses. If you completely blank on a list, or don't understand what the question is asking, try to relate it to something you do understand or remember as much as possible.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 2 users Like Flelm's post:
  • Diana321, Dorothy44
I wrote the exam just this past term. I studied the flashcards mentioned in the threads (thanks Posabsolute & Merlin!) while writing my own summaries for topics marked for Essay questions. I have a terrible memory and was very anxious about this exam but I ended up getting a 96. What helped me was making sure I had a good grasp of the essay topics and writing my own simplified summaries with key words. I practiced continuously with "memory dumps", writing down all the information I had to memorize in note form until I felt somewhat confident. There was one topic I didn't grasp as well as the others but thankfully it didn't come up as an exam question for me. I don't remember any surprise questions. Hope this helps-- good luck!
[-] The following 2 users Like moptop's post:
  • Diana321, Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 04:17 PM)moptop Wrote: I wrote the exam just this past term. I studied the flashcards mentioned in the threads (thanks Posabsolute & Merlin!) while writing my own summaries for topics marked for Essay questions. I have a terrible memory and was very anxious about this exam but I ended up getting a 96. What helped me was making sure I had a good grasp of the essay topics and writing my own simplified summaries with key words. I practiced continuously with "memory dumps", writing down all the information I had to memorize in note form until I felt somewhat confident. There was one topic I didn't grasp as well as the others but thankfully it didn't come up as an exam question for me. I don't remember any surprise questions. Hope this helps-- good luck!

^^^This right here - is what I did NOT do, and wished I would have.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Diana321, Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 01:11 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Is this for the BUS-421 business administration capstone? I'm taking my midterm on Thursday! I hate essay questions too, so I would also love to hear anyone's thoughts on their experience.

Yes, for BUS-421!  Who is your mentor?  Mine is Dr. Courts.  I wish you lots of luck for Thursday!!!

Flelm, Moptop - thank you so much for your comments.  I wrote down summary points for all of the possible essay questions and am now writing/re-writing them out on paper to make them stick in my mind.  My memory is TERRIBLE, so I'm really trying here LOL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diana321's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 05:20 PM)Diana321 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 01:11 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: Is this for the BUS-421 business administration capstone? I'm taking my midterm on Thursday! I hate essay questions too, so I would also love to hear anyone's thoughts on their experience.

Yes, for BUS-421!  Who is your mentor?  Mine is Dr. Courts.  I wish you lots of luck for Thursday!!!

Flelm, Moptop - thank you so much for your comments.  I wrote down summary points for all of the possible essay questions and am now writing/re-writing them out on paper to make them stick in my mind.  My memory is TERRIBLE, so I'm really trying here LOL.

I have Dr. Campo. That would have been fun to be in the same group!
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyandpass5's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 05:27 PM)studyandpass5 Wrote: I have Dr. Campo. That would have been fun to be in the same group!

It would have been! Please reach out if you need someone to bounce ideas off of.  I know there's been a few times where I needed the same.  Of course, this would probably only work if we're doing the same case studies at the same time  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diana321's post:
  • Dorothy44
(04-09-2021, 04:40 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 04:17 PM)moptop Wrote: I wrote the exam just this past term. I studied the flashcards mentioned in the threads (thanks Posabsolute & Merlin!) while writing my own summaries for topics marked for Essay questions. I have a terrible memory and was very anxious about this exam but I ended up getting a 96. What helped me was making sure I had a good grasp of the essay topics and writing my own simplified summaries with key words. I practiced continuously with "memory dumps", writing down all the information I had to memorize in note form until I felt somewhat confident. There was one topic I didn't grasp as well as the others but thankfully it didn't come up as an exam question for me. I don't remember any surprise questions. Hope this helps-- good luck!

^^^This right here - is what I did NOT do, and wished I would have.

Lol! Honestly, this mid-term and the PMP exam I wrote last year are probably one of the few times I can say that I studied properly. Anxiety really sucks but can be a powerful motivator at times.
[-] The following 1 user Likes moptop's post:
  • Dorothy44

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,267 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,192 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 508 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 528 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Where can I find course “BUS 210 Quantitative Skills for Business” outside TESU to lucillegyl 5 492 01-03-2024, 01:31 AM
Last Post: lucillegyl
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,365 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,109 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,194 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Question about passing grades Randyb100 9 823 10-16-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  TESU BUS-2100 Quantitative Skills for Business MortySanchez 2 365 09-05-2023, 03:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az