Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bypass Study.com and head to UMPI??
Finishing up at Sophia and looking at whether I should go on to SDC or just head to UMPI. I'm applying to complete the BA in English with Professional Communication & Journalism concentration and have 13 courses I'll have to take at UMPI already...which, being that it's a lot of writing there already and I'm doing an English degree, might already take me into 3 term territory from the desired/ideal 2.  Tongue

Question 1: Current/former UMPI students, does it seem realistic that I will likely need 3 terms for nearly 40 credits at UMPI, even if I am fast at writing, because it's an English/Comms degree?

Question 2: These are the only courses I'd be able to take at Study, can anyone advise whether I should just do them at UMPI (because easier/faster, not necessarily because I'll potentially need 3 terms)?

BUS 240: Change Management @ UMPI = Study.com Business 304: Leading Organizational Change
BUS 260: Leadership @ UMPI = Study.com Business 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace

ENG 151: Intro to Literature @ UMPI = Study.com English 103: Intro to Literature
BUS 125: Intro to Business Computing @ UMPI = Study.com Business 109: Intro to Computing (*I hope to complete a Business Admin minor, if they let me, this is the only remaining course I would need to take for that.)

Thanks so much!  Big Grin
(01-30-2023, 11:07 AM)Slammyelis Wrote: Finishing up at Sophia and looking at whether I should go on to SDC or just head to UMPI. I'm applying to complete the BA in English with Professional Communication & Journalism concentration and have 13 courses I'll have to take at UMPI already...which, being that it's a lot of writing there already and I'm doing an English degree, might already take me into 3 term territory from the desired/ideal 2.  Tongue

Question 1: Current/former UMPI students, does it seem realistic that I will likely need 3 terms for nearly 40 credits at UMPI, even if I am fast at writing, because it's an English/Comms degree?

Question 2: These are the only courses I'd be able to take at Study, can anyone advise whether I should just do them at UMPI (because easier/faster, not necessarily because I'll potentially need 3 terms)?

BUS 240: Change Management @ UMPI = Study.com Business 304: Leading Organizational Change
BUS 260: Leadership @ UMPI = Study.com Business 209: Mentoring & Leadership Development in the Workplace

ENG 151: Intro to Literature @ UMPI = Study.com English 103: Intro to Literature
BUS 125: Intro to Business Computing @ UMPI = Study.com Business 109: Intro to Computing (*I hope to complete a Business Admin minor, if they let me, this is the only remaining course I would need to take for that.)

Thanks so much!  Big Grin

I have heard that the leadership course at UMPI is a headache and takes a long time. So I would probably take it at SDC. 

If you take leadership at SDC I would also take change management there. 

BUS 125 is not a requirement for any of UMPI's degrees. BUS 200 (intermediate business computing) is and there is no alt credit for it.
CLEP - 7 Courses, Study.com - 11 Courses, Sophia - 15 Courses, CSM Learn, INSTANTCERT - Spanish I, Coursera - Google Data Analytics Certificate.

UMPI Double major BA Accounting, BABA Project Management. 2023

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Personally, I would just move onto UMPI. I'd get the RA credit and have more credits applied towards my GPA.

I don't agree with taking Leadership or Change Management on Study over UMPI. I took them at UMPI and didn't find them difficult. Not sure why you're taking business classes with the BA in English.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • indigoshuffle
(01-30-2023, 11:21 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Personally, I would just move onto UMPI. I'd get the RA credit and have more credits applied towards my GPA.

I don't agree with taking Leadership or Change Management on Study over UMPI. I took them at UMPI and didn't find them difficult. Not sure why you're taking business classes with the BA in English.

BUS 240 & BUS 260 are both required for the BA English - Professional Comm & Journalism concentration. BUS 125 (alternatively BUS 200) is just the last course I'd need for a Business Admin minor based on previous business courses I've taken and the two courses that overlap with the PCJ concentration already. Perhaps a shot in the dark if they'll allow this or not (I'll ask when I apply), but since it's just one class I'll give it a go.

Thanks for the tips, guys, and great point about GPA as well.
I personally would exchange $200 for a better shot at finishing in 2 terms instead of 3 (saving $1400). That's $1200 upside potential.

I'm not certain exactly which courses I'd take at SDC, but I would definitely take 2 UL if it gave me a better shot.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • acethroughcollege, Blkqueen8

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 110 Yesterday, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 249 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 266 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 187 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 171 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 318 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 300 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,596 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,490 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 503 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1