Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAPSTONE BALS vs BSBA
So I graduated last year with a BSBA in CIS and GM. The capstone was no joke, but all the written assignments (case studies and final project) topics were given to us. We had a topic, read the lesson and wrote our piece. Regarding the BALS capstone, for what i keep reading, the student must come up with his or her topic to write about. Is this correct, or are topics pre-determined in the syllabus? The reason I'm asking is because, I might tackle the BA CS and my wife is about is 3 classes away from completing a BALS degree. As a gentleman, I will let her go first so I can take a look at the format  Big Grin Big Grin .  Does anyone know what kind of credits will I get for my Cisco CCNP cert at TESU?
Per https://www2.tesu.edu/oplr/company.php?client=Cisco a CCNP R/S could get you three credits of ITS-240 (date restrictions apply)
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(01-17-2021, 11:57 AM)jch Wrote: Per https://www2.tesu.edu/oplr/company.php?client=Cisco a CCNP R/S could get you three credits of ITS-240 (date restrictions apply)

Thanks, 

I was hoping for an upper level networking credit, but its all good.
With BALS, the student comes up with own topic to write about and usually students pick something related to career goal.
It is done in increments so that each writing assignment gets your closer to finished paper. But no, it is not case studies approach. On the other hand? the syllabus and assignments tell you that you have to include certain points. The intro has 7 headings to complete, for example, so you aren't totally coming up with on your own. at least not so far...... The mentor in my section gave a brainstorming list first day of class to share what other students had written about. But it was not expected to pick from that list. It was expected to be more personalized for each student.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(01-17-2021, 12:05 PM)P226mem Wrote: With BALS, the student comes up with own topic to write about and usually students pick something related to career goal.
It is done in increments so that each writing assignment gets your closer to finished paper.   But no, it is not case studies approach.   On the other hand? the syllabus and assignments tell you that you have to include certain points. The intro has 7 headings to complete, for example, so you aren't totally coming up with on your own. at least not so far......  The mentor in my section gave a brainstorming list first day of class to share what other students had written about. But it was not expected to pick from that list. It was expected to be more personalized for each student.
Thank you,

This clarifies a lot. I don't mind writing a paper as long as I get a topic to research.
LOL, that's not the way you should do things. I would work together with the wife on the same course, with the same instructor if possible. Two brains are better than one especially when you're working on the same thing. There would be one slight difference, you doing the BACS will have a Comp Sci assessment vs her BALS would be a written assessment. Otherwise, the only other difference is the Topic you choose to resolve a problem for... there is no first hand research done. For you, I would try to "rework" the BSBA Capstone as best I can into a BACS capstone...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-17-2021, 12:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, that's not the way you should do things.  I would work together with the wife on the same course, with the same instructor if possible.  Two brains are better than one especially when you're working on the same thing.  There would be one slight difference, you doing the BACS will have a Comp Sci assessment vs her BALS would be a written assessment.  Otherwise, the only other difference is the Topic you choose to resolve a problem for... there is no first hand research done.  For you, I would try to "rework" the BSBA Capstone as best I can into a BACS capstone...

I wish TESU would accept my BSBA capstone for a BACS..........In a different subject, I wonder if there is a option to add a certificate of operations management to my BSBA using a testout route, but I think OPM-411 TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT is not a testout option...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,989 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 362 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,758 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,043 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 776 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,300 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,363 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM
  BSBA Accounting 2nd Degree at TESU. mog538 10 1,146 10-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting for TESU BSBA Entrepreneurship schlocker 3 501 09-21-2023, 03:35 AM
Last Post: rachel83az