Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CATALOG.UMPI.EDU / UMPI.EDU IS NOT ONLINE.UMPI.EDU
(06-25-2021, 12:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Actually you can complete a BABA with the Management & Leadership concentration and then add on the Project Management minor. You talk to Jessica who will handle the administrative side and then you take the courses listed in the minor. You don't have to complete the BLS and earn a second degree.

I'm not certain how it would be difficult to get a BLS while getting a BABA, since there are no requirements for it once you get the GEC - the BABA would fulfill it entirely, except the minor anyway. So it would make sense to do it either way.

A second bachelor's degree would be an additional 30 credits. That's why the minor is easier to add on to the BABA.
(06-25-2021, 12:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Actually you can complete a BABA with the Management & Leadership concentration and then add on the Project Management minor. You talk to Jessica who will handle the administrative side and then you take the courses listed in the minor. You don't have to complete the BLS and earn a second degree.

I'm not certain how it would be difficult to get a BLS while getting a BABA, since there are no requirements for it once you get the GEC - the BABA would fulfill it entirely, except the minor anyway. So it would make sense to do it either way.

A second bachelor's degree would be an additional 30 credits. That's why the minor is easier to add on to the BABA.

I guess I was thinking concurrent degrees - not 30cr for each one.  If that's the case, there's no reason to do a 2nd degree, adding the minor is the better option for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(06-25-2021, 12:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-25-2021, 12:22 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

I guess I was thinking concurrent degrees - not 30cr for each one.  If that's the case, there's no reason to do a 2nd degree, adding the minor is the better option for sure.

Can't do a concurrent degree to my knowledge. UMPI would consider it a second degree thus the 30 additional credits including UL requirements.
Has anyone noticed the Business Administration section of https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergraduate/ is blank currently? Unsure if this is because they're changing/removing some (or all?) parts of the programs offered or if it's just an error on their website.
(08-06-2023, 05:33 PM)matchew Wrote: Has anyone noticed the Business Administration section of https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergraduate/ is blank currently? Unsure if this is because they're changing/removing some (or all?) parts of the programs offered or if it's just an error on their website.

I'm thinking just a glitch? Clicking on the tab menu option for "Online Programs" still shows the list of all the same BA in Business Administration concentrations available as before, and each of those links is live.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • matchew
(08-06-2023, 07:02 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(08-06-2023, 05:33 PM)matchew Wrote: Has anyone noticed the Business Administration section of https://online.umpi.edu/degrees/undergraduate/ is blank currently? Unsure if this is because they're changing/removing some (or all?) parts of the programs offered or if it's just an error on their website.

I'm thinking just a glitch? Clicking on the tab menu option for "Online Programs" still shows the list of all the same BA in Business Administration concentrations available as before, and each of those links is live.

Ah, thank you so much! I was worried lol I'm not enrolling until Fall 2024 and was afraid things were changing. Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 38 8 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 2 73 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 48 Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Last Post: valentvne
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,218 Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,373 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 438 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 322 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 290 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 420 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 729 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts