Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CCAF and ACE-recommended credit (TEEX/ALEKS) for Tech Core/Elective NOT for GenEd...
Just thought I would toss this up for everyone to ponder while I await the final words from CCAF as I apparently created a storm up there.

CCAF' accreditation requires a Master's level instructor for all GenEd courses, but the Tech Core & Tech Elective is specifically exempted due to the nature of most AF tech schools (AS-level instructors at most, some still in the process of getting said AS). So, according to the email and phone conversations my education center has been having with them, they are reviewing/revising (the word used keeps swapping) internal policies on if they'll accept ACE-recommended credits for those. It's going to be a moot point for me, as my time remaining is too short for me to risk it (using ALEKS to brush up for the CLEP's), but for anyone else who finds themselves a few credits short on the technical side, it could be useful. I'll keep everyone updated on what comes down.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)
Good stuff. It would be one more tool in the toolbox for the Airmen.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
It's not you causing it. As always, CMSAF has an idea and wiggles the rope a bit and everybody goes into a tizzy, because his idea doesn't necessarily comply w/ accreditation requirements. But creative solutions may present themselves. Smile
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Update:

No news. There will be no news. They stopped the review after changing/finalizing policy regarding eligibility for CCAF degrees when career fields merge. As I am no longer eligible for the degree they were reviewing for, they are no longer reviewing it at all. Hopefully someone else applies for it, I'm trying talk one of my buddies into knocking out the TEEX so we can at least get a definitive yay/nay on the most likely to be accepted ACE credits.

Sorry folks, I tried.
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Converting Dive training to Colleges credit vetvso 9 1,768 09-16-2022, 04:49 AM
Last Post: vetvso
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,467 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,197 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  ACE credit for possible military enlistment? dfrecore 33 5,700 05-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Navy BootCamp Credit natshar 9 2,340 03-31-2020, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  AMU Reducing Military-Affiliated Master's Tuition to $250/credit (and free books) TheMaskedMutant 1 1,894 11-22-2019, 12:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,120 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,862 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,822 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Last Post: retire2018
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,259 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan