Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CFA Level 1 exam
Has anyone taken this exam? I am thinking about making it my next goal after my BSBA. Wondering what the ROI has been in terms of job prospects and wage growth vs. the cost and study time for the credential.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:Has anyone taken this exam? I am thinking about making it my next goal after my BSBA. Wondering what the ROI has been in terms of job prospects and wage growth vs. the cost and study time for the credential.

If you are a going to go for it, they require 4 years in the industry, not just a BSBA grad requirement in order to join the chartered association. I would guess that's the fastes time to complete everything and be designated a CFA.
There are 3 exams total, I think the ROI is well with it for industry recognition. Even if you just go level by level.
https://www.cfainstitute.org/programs/co...index.aspx
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:If you are a going to go for it, they require 4 years in the industry, not just a BSBA grad requirement in order to join the chartered association.
No, the CFA Institute site lists the requirements as "one of the following: Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, or be in the final year of bachelor’s degree program, 4 years of professional work experience, a combination of professional work and university experience that totals at least 4 years.”
So a BSBA alone will qualify someone Smile so would 4 years of qualifying work experience alone, or a combination of an associate degree and 2 years of qualifying work experience.
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:No, the CFA Institute site lists the requirements as "one of the following: Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, or be in the final year of bachelor’s degree program, 4 years of professional work experience, a combination of professional work and university experience that totals at least 4 years.”
So a BSBA alone will qualify someone Smile so would 4 years of qualifying work experience alone, or a combination of an associate degree and 2 years of qualifying work experience.

That's correct, if you're just going for entrance requirements. However, you need those 4 years in order to join the charter.
And it's not too hard to actually join the charter as they require 3 exams, I wonder why it's 4 years when you can do 1 a year.

How do I earn the CFA charter? Successfully pass the 3 exams, Join CFA Institute as a regular member
Have 4 years of professional work experience in the investment decision-making process (accrued before, during, or after passing the exams)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Speed Reading Test. NOBODY Can Pass Level 10 LevelUP 0 469 04-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Immigration and education level Personherebb9 7 791 10-30-2022, 03:32 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Oregon Might Do Away w/the Bar Exam Altogether bluebooger 1 543 02-01-2022, 08:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Passed the PenTest+ beta exam! jamshid666 8 1,109 11-16-2021, 07:20 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Eye Level Learning vs Kumon (and/or alternatives) bjcheung77 1 3,106 10-09-2021, 02:15 PM
  Walmart.com Student Entry Level Laptop bjcheung77 0 689 10-20-2020, 08:56 PM
  Free Azure Training and AZ-900 Exam Voucher msa145 0 857 05-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Last Post: msa145
  Question how to study for exam Imbanewbie 3 1,604 02-28-2020, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  I've lost access to the "Specific Exam Feedback - InstantCert Subscribers ONLY" group Nerdymcnerdface 9 3,600 09-27-2019, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Zham
  Specific Exam Feedback Access sonyidgt 0 899 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM
Last Post: sonyidgt