Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Calculus
(04-17-2017, 07:51 PM)Mcgregor_7 Wrote: Ok people listen up,

I honestly pretty much hate calculus, I recommend all students who aren't too good in Calc to take this Clep Test, as in some colleges it's hard to pass this course. Especially in my university, it was, the freakin teacher was like a cop, I got a D, and I needed a minimum of C-, so someone told me about this clep test which I studied for about maybe 2 months, and just passed it today with a score of 57, If i can pass this thing, anyone can. Yes REA book and its tests,  and the collegeboard study guide are very useful. But I'd recommend you guys to not directly jump on these resources, first brush your calc skills. Professor Leonard, and PatrickGMT are very useful resources, for Prof Leonard, all the Calc 1 videos are in order, and he explains it very well in his videos, they are free on youtube, make use of that. I'm sure you can watch all his videos in under a month if you study everyday, and you'll then be good to move on to the REA and College board study guides.

Also keep in mind, these tests are heavily scaled, I was very nervous when I clicked to check my score, I wouldn't have been surprised if I had not made the 50 cut, because my test didn't go well by any means. like out of the 44 questions, maybe around only 15 ( the first 5 were like a walk in the park), I knew for sure, I had done right, the other 30 odd, on some I had maybe a little idea, but most of them I just fluked out. So out of those 29 questions, I'm estimating I prolly got around 10 right, which were mostly flukes, I prolly scored around 25-26 to manage a score of 57. But that's my estimation, maybe I scored around 28-29, but I kinda doubt that.

All I would tell you ppl is to plz, don't miss out on the easy questions, like calculating basic derivitives, intergrals, slope of implicit functions and inverse derivitives. Those are easy points, it's fine to fluke out on half the test, but you need to be able to know atleast 20 of those 44 questions. Apparently, Rieman sums and trapezoid rules didn't show up at the test at all, and I worked on that for quite a bit, but their were a few optimization/ Related rates problems of which, none of them, I knew, I just took God's name, selected a random answer and hoped for the best.

So yes this test is very very passable for people who aren't to good in Calc, just have to work a little hard to be on the safe side and I'm sure you'll get through. I still don't understand why this course is required for a lot of majors in colleges these days, as they help us in no way, but Clep is kind of slightlier easy way out, so might as well make use of it.

For people who are new or weak in calc- Resources to use :

Professor Leonard youtube videos (highly recommended)
(PatrickGMT) (Patrick is pretty good at explaining as well)
Khan Academy is very good as well, but the videos aren't in order like Leo's

After around a month of working around these videos,
then jump to the study guides (REA AND Collegeboard) ( work in those for 2-3 weeks, or take a month, be on the safe side, I pretty much guarantee you will at least pass)

For people who are good in calc and have a strong base through high school math and algebra, they might as well jump on the study guides and give the test in 2 weeks.

So yes, Good luck people and don't take too much stress, you'll get through it. Be calm and remain positive.

God bless.

Also, if anyone wants the 2017 calc study guide, don't buy it, I can email it to them for free. So lemme know if any of you need it.

Adios Smile

Hi, 

Thanks for your feedback. I am planning to take the calculus clep exam within the next month or so. Could you email me the study guide that you used? I would appreciate it!

Thank you Smile
This is one I eventually will take but never had a chance to settle to study for. I may just do in the future for my own personal satisfaction even math has always been a frustrating endeavor for me. I would recommend Modern States as quick overview and it aligns with CLEP. I also heard good things about this: https://www.udemy.com/calculus1/   I prefer videos to books. Also, Khan has an awesome Calculus video series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cardiacclep's post:
  • shussa48

I honestly pretty much hate calculus, I recommend all students who aren't too good in Calc to take this Clep Test, as in some colleges it's hard to pass this course. Especially in my university, it was, the freakin teacher was like a cop, I got a D, and I needed a minimum of C-, so someone told me about this clep test which I studied for about maybe 2 months, and just passed it today with a score of 57, If i can pass this thing, anyone can. Yes REA book and its tests,  and the collegeboard study guide are very useful. But I'd recommend you guys to not directly jump on these resources, first brush your calc skills. Professor Leonard, and PatrickGMT are very useful resources, for Prof Leonard, all the Calc 1 videos are in order, and he explains it very well in his videos, they are free on youtube, make use of that. I'm sure you can watch all his videos in under a month if you study everyday, and you'll then be good to move on to the REA and College board study guides.

Also keep in mind, these tests are heavily scaled, I was very nervous when I clicked to check my score, I wouldn't have been surprised if I had not made the 50 cut, because my test didn't go well by any means. like out of the 44 questions, maybe around only 15 ( the first 5 were like a walk in the park), I knew for sure, I had done right, the other 30 odd, on some I had maybe a little idea, but most of them I just fluked out. So out of those 29 questions, I'm estimating I prolly got around 10 right, which were mostly flukes, I prolly scored around 25-26 to manage a score of 57. But that's my estimation, maybe I scored around 28-29, but I kinda doubt that.

All I would tell you ppl is to plz, don't miss out on the easy questions, like calculating basic derivitives, intergrals, slope of implicit functions and inverse derivitives. Those are easy points, it's fine to fluke out on half the test, but you need to be able to know atleast 20 of those 44 questions. Apparently, Rieman sums and trapezoid rules didn't show up at the test at all, and I worked on that for quite a bit, but their were a few optimization/ Related rates problems of which, none of them, I knew, I just took God's name, selected a random answer and hoped for the best.

So yes this test is very very passable for people who aren't to good in Calc, just have to work a little hard to be on the safe side and I'm sure you'll get through. I still don't understand why this course is required for a lot of majors in colleges these days, as they help us in no way, but Clep is kind of slightlier easy way out, so might as well make use of it.

then jump to the study guides (REA AND Collegeboard) ( work in those for 2-3 weeks, or take a month, be on the safe side, I pretty much guarantee you will at least pass)

For people who are good in calc and have a strong base through high school math and algebra, they might as well jump on the study guides and give the test in 2 weeks.

So yes, Good luck people and don't take too much stress, you'll get through it. Be calm and remain positive.

God bless.

Also, if anyone wants the 2017 calc study guide, don't buy it, I can email it to them for free. So lemme know if any of you need it.

Adios Smile

Would you be able to send me the study guide? That would be a crazy awesome help.
(10-21-2017, 09:49 PM)cardiacclep Wrote: This is one I eventually will take but never had a chance to settle to study for. I may just do in the future for my own personal satisfaction even math has always been a frustrating endeavor for me. I would recommend Modern States as quick overview and it aligns with CLEP. I also heard good things about this: https://www.udemy.com/calculus1/   I prefer videos to books. Also, Khan has an awesome Calculus video series.

you can also get her videso on youtube 

Calculus 1 playlist here 
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...-jYnSfsQy0

or broken down in to sections here 

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheIntegralCALC/playlists

Precalculus
29 videos 

Limits & Continuity
24 videos 

Derivatives
31 videos 

Applications of Derivatives
50 videos 

the only thing you don't get is the quiz

and everyone asking for the studyguide -- stop it

buy your own just like everyone else
https://clep.collegeboard.org/science-an...s/calculus

God bless.

Adios Smile

Do you think you could send me the study guide Smile
alliegreenman@gmail.com
(12-26-2017, 12:26 PM)alliegreenman Wrote:

God bless.

Adios Smile

Do you think you could send me the study guide Smile
alliegreenman@gmail.com

Hello, I would appreciate the study guide if you are still willing to email it. Thanks very much in advance!
jeremyshurst@gmail.com
you should never post your email in a public forum 
send it via PM 
here's some info on the StraighterLine Calculus that may help 
https://www.reddit.com/r/WGU/comments/8c...ghterline/
(09-30-2017, 03:44 AM)janeamlac Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 07:51 PM)Mcgregor_7 Hi can u pls email me the pdf version. Thanks in advance. Wrote: Ok people listen up,

God bless.

Adios Smile

Hi, 

Thanks for your feedback. I am planning to take the calculus clep exam within the next month or so. Could you email me the study guide that you used? I would appreciate it!

Thank you Smile
The Specific Exam Feedback folder for CLEP Calculus has exactly 4 posts since 2014, and only 1 of the posts offers feedback - the others are asking questions. If you take this exam, please share YOUR feedback - it's needed!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calculus 3 - Need A Source dharmastudios 21 3,831 03-08-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 504 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 845 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,306 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,636 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,266 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,235 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,135 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,323 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser