Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
combine CLEP & ACTFL?
I am pursuing a bachelors degree in Business Administration. I took the French CLEP exam and got a 76. I’m wondering what happens if I also take the ACTFL French exams, all of them and passed them with high scores(very easy as I’m almost native French speaker). Which school will give me the most credits for all those exams?
(08-04-2022, 11:29 PM)defmo Wrote: I am pursuing a bachelors degree in Business Administration. I took the French CLEP exam and got a 76. I’m wondering what happens if I also take the ACTFL French exams, all of them and passed them with high scores(very easy as I’m almost native French speaker). Which school will give me the most credits for all those exams?
You wont get duplicate credits. However the AFTFL measures the total area of a language. So reading writing, and speaking. Here I breaks it down with my example from 2013 and Chinese. If was better I could have received even more.

CHI-332 Adv. Grammar & Comp. I 08/21/13 CR 3.00 
CHI-333 Adv. Grammar & Comp. II 08/21/13 CR 3.00
CHI-335 Adv. Comp. & Styl. I 08/21/13 CR 4.00 
CHI-336 Adv. Comp. & Styl. II 08/21/13 CR 4.00 

So as you can see the ACFL is a good way to get language credits.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Pikachu
Depending on what degree you're trying to get, there is possibly no point to trying to max out ACTFL credits. Liberal Studies accepts the most credits, while other degrees have many fewer options for credit placement.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-05-2022, 03:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Depending on what degree you're trying to get, there is possibly no point to trying to max out ACTFL credits. Liberal Studies accepts the most credits, while other degrees have many fewer options for credit placement.

It works well if you have any humanities or free electives left. Science degrees won't need too many. My BALS degrees it worked out very well, and I get allot of attention from the language study departments.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Pikachu
ACTFL is good for racking up credits, depending on the degree and the school, as each school will evaluate it differently. OP's been looking at a few of the ones we recommend, so we won't know how it really will go towards that particular degree as it's a Business degree. I would still try to max it out as these can go into the free elective and general education requirements.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu
It really depends on the school. We know that TESU gives full credit for the CLEP + all ACTFL exams as non-duplicating; however, I haven't heard about UMPI, EU, etc. So until someone tries to bring it in, and reports back here, we just don't know.

Also, it depends on your degree as to whether or not it's worth doing. For example, the BSBA at TESU only has space for 9cr of Humanities in the GE, and then 15cr in Free Electives. So even if you got the full 45cr for the exams, you wouldn't be able to maximize them. But for the BALS, you really get bang for your buck. You can bring in the CLEP for 9cr in the GE, and then use the 12cr of UL and 24cr of LL in the AoS.

Again, no idea how EU or UMPI will bring them in. So mostly the answer is: it depends.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,255 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 505 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,841 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  ACTFL signup question(s) Insert Name 9 965 06-29-2022, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  What have others used to write the Spanish letters/characters while taking ACTFL? Insert Name 3 624 06-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ACTFL question Jennr2z 5 817 06-04-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,306 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ACTFL- silly question... uncapentin 10 1,134 02-22-2022, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,639 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,268 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007