Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CLEP Economics
I have plenty of experience with CLEP. I have noticed that their test content often changes, and does not agree with the practice questions in their own books. For instance, I spent a bunch of time practicing various types of math problems that were not on the math test at all. 

I plan to take Micro and Macro Economics this summer. The latest books from CLEP show these tests as being pretty much 100% math problems. I am looking for anyone who has taken these tests recently who can confirm how much was math, and how much was concept knowledge.

Thanks very much.
We don't get a lot of people interested in that specific CLEP exam lately, probably because Sophia.org is so cheap/easy/fast for most students. I would suggest checking out https://www.reddit.com/r/clep/ to see if anyone has shared their experiences there.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
I rarely read the CLEP exam feedback subforum, but for subscribers, we do have one for CLEP Macro and CLEP Micro... That's another avenue to investigate in addition to the cheap/free options online.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Instantcert is a good source to get inside information from people that have recently taken CLEP exams. They will tell you what to study and sometimes provide a study guide for the course. 

People have passed Micro/Macro econ using only Instantcert. However, you should go through the ModernState course, take the practice questions, and get the free CLEP voucher.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • BritStudent
I've noticed the same issue with CLEP tests. The practice questions don't always match the actual test content. If anyone has recent experience with the Micro and Macro Economics exams, please share how much was math versus concept-based. Thanks!
Tongue 
(04-04-2024, 07:51 PM)marinereef Wrote: I have plenty of experience with CLEP. I have noticed that their test content often changes, and does not agree with the practice questions in their own books. For instance, I spent a bunch of time practicing various types of math problems that were not on the math test at all. 

I plan to take Micro and Macro Economics this summer. The latest books from CLEP show these tests as being pretty much 100% math problems. I am looking for anyone who has taken these tests recently who can confirm how much was math, and how much was concept knowledge.

Thanks very much.

Hey there! I have similar experiences with CLEP, so I understand what you're going through. As for the Micro and Macro Economics exams, I took them quite recently. Here are my impressions:
  1. Microeconomics: This test does include some math, but there are a lot of conceptual questions too. In my experience, about 30-40% of the test consisted of math problems, mainly related to graph analysis, elasticity calculations, and cost analysis. The rest was theory, definitions, and understanding basic economic concepts.
  2. Macroeconomics: There's some math here as well, but it's at a similar level to Microeconomics. There were many questions on monetary and fiscal policy, economic indicators, and global economic trends. Math made up about 30-35% of the test, with the rest being conceptual questions.
In summary, math is present but doesn't completely dominate these tests. It's important to have a good grasp of both theory and basic economic calculations. Good luck with your exams!

Eva  Smile
Eva613, Great info and update... Another mod edited your post as there was a double quote, and I did an edit as well because you have a spam link hidden in your message... Thus, the ban...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 2 562 06-27-2024, 02:26 AM
Last Post: lankytrouble
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 1,063 04-19-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 434 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 457 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 814 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 1,517 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 997 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 1,149 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 736 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 669 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout