Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Financial Accounting practice test?
I have an okay understanding of accounting but want to take a practice test before the CLEP to see where I might need a refresher. Is there any Financial accounting final practice tests out there?
CLEP itself sells them, just google it. $10 for the guide, although I'm not sure if it includes practice tests.

The easiest thing to do is buy an older version of the CLEP study guide (all CLEP exams are included) and there are practice exams in there.

Also, if you have access to Peterson's through your local public library (the San Diego County Library system does), they have free practice exams for many CLEP/DSST exams. I just checked, and this is one of the exams available.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Motivated2move Wrote:I have an okay understanding of accounting but want to take a practice test before the CLEP to see where I might need a refresher. Is there any Financial accounting final practice tests out there?

Good Luck with this CLEP test I just missed the mark back in Mayish of last year. Only got a 48 ugh. I thought I was in a much better spot to take it then I actually was. However it was my first CLEP and I think I went way to wide in my studying and really should have focused more and went more towards the actual exam breakdown. Since the first CLEP I have passed the next 5 so Studying off the Exam breakdown is definitely the way to go, at least for me.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Good Luck with this CLEP test I just missed the mark back in Mayish of last year. Only got a 48 ugh. I thought I was in a much better spot to take it then I actually was. However it was my first CLEP and I think I went way to wide in my studying and really should have focused more and went more towards the actual exam breakdown. Since the first CLEP I have passed the next 5 so Studying off the Exam breakdown is definitely the way to go, at least for me.

Oh man, that scares me. This is my first CLEP. I spent the morning taking several old CLEP practice tests but they have a huge variance in the difficulty. I am referring to the 10 problem free ones you find via google.

Do you remember if the test makes you draw up trial balances and make adjustments? I hate, hate, hate trial balances. It always seems to take me multiple tries to get the problem to balance, and then it is usually still wrong. In the real world it is not a problem because accounting software does it for us - well worth the money.
Motivated2move Wrote:Oh man, that scares me. This is my first CLEP. I spent the morning taking several old CLEP practice tests but they have a huge variance in the difficulty. I am referring to the 10 problem free ones you find via google.

Do you remember if the test makes you draw up trial balances and make adjustments? I hate, hate, hate trial balances. It always seems to take me multiple tries to get the problem to balance, and then it is usually still wrong. In the real world it is not a problem because accounting software does it for us - well worth the money.

I don't recall needing to do anything like that, what practice tests have you tried so far? I'd recommend maybe the REA guide for FA it may help target studying better. Like I said I think I tried to learn the entire course worth of work and then test on it. I felt I knew the topic very well but still only got a 48. Once again I think it was just the way I studied for it. Which doesn't make sense because the more work you put in the better you think you would do. I'll see if I still have a practice test to see what is on there. I do remember having to do stuff with Bonds and how to depreciate certain types of things. I'll check when I get home and PM you.

If you are going to TESU for your bachelors there is also this test available - http://www2.tesc.edu/tecep_desc/ACC-101.pdf

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Check if your local library has the Official CLEP study guide. My local library system has multiple years of the study guide (very similar, but with slight revisions), and they were invaluable for me when I was taking CLEPs.

I passed this one a year or so ago, but I do not remember having to do any trial balances(which I also hate) or much math at all. I don't believe I was allowed a calculator for this exam(although there may have been one in the system), so there couldn't have been hard math or I would never have passed! I used Accounting Coach (Learn Accounting Online for Free | AccountingCoach) for extra practice problems and to solidify terms and such into my head. I remember needing to know if something was being debited or credited to an account in the given situation A LOT, and that section on Accounting Coach definitely helped me.

Hope this helps - you can do it!
BSBA GM - TESU, 2017
120 credits applied using CLEP, DSST, Saylor, and TECEP exams - see my bio for exact exams!
pandas4eva Wrote:Check if your local library has the Official CLEP study guide. My local library system has multiple years of the study guide (very similar, but with slight revisions), and they were invaluable for me when I was taking CLEPs.

I passed this one a year or so ago, but I do not remember having to do any trial balances(which I also hate) or much math at all. I don't believe I was allowed a calculator for this exam(although there may have been one in the system), so there couldn't have been hard math or I would never have passed! I used Accounting Coach (Learn Accounting Online for Free | AccountingCoach) for extra practice problems and to solidify terms and such into my head. I remember needing to know if something was being debited or credited to an account in the given situation A LOT, and that section on Accounting Coach definitely helped me.

Hope this helps - you can do it!

I was forced to use the internal calculator too, not very much math probably around 3-5 questions not including the easy depreciation math questions. I forgot to check for my study guide when I got home had a crazy afternoon will try and remember to check today.

**BUMP**

I just registered for this exam and would appreciate any and all tips and studying advice!

Thanks everyone Smile
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
jessikalauren Wrote:**BUMP**

I just registered for this exam and would appreciate any and all tips and studying advice!

Thanks everyone Smile

Good Luck it is not an easy one. I would recommend getting the Official CLEP Practice test and the REA Guide at least. Then maybe some other stuff.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 1,027 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 4,425 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 435 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 323 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Sophia practice milestones Sara143 3 647 09-27-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Study.com accounting 303 assignment 2 Pats20 0 511 06-14-2023, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Managerial Accounting - where? Jennbean1 8 1,344 05-06-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Initial Saylor exam test experiment vetvso 15 2,574 11-15-2022, 10:55 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  Does Study membership for courses give access to test preps? Insert Name 3 634 10-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: spohara
  Sophia - principals of finance or financial accounting? cclocks8 10 1,788 09-28-2022, 11:44 PM
Last Post: ashkir