Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Scores only kepts for 20 years?
I don't remember the limit, but with Ashford University I had to take an English test due to my general education English classes being so old. I originally took them in 05/06. I passed but truthfully I struggled. I thought for sure they were going to make me take them again.
It's surprising at just how much you can forget in just 10 years, much less 20.
(06-09-2018, 10:33 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: I don't remember the limit, but with Ashford University I had to take an English test due to my general education English classes being so old. I originally took them in 05/06. I passed but truthfully I struggled. I thought for sure they were going to make me take them again.

That's kind of crazy.  I have gotten better at writing over the years (just more practice), I can't imagine a school having me have to test on that.  But math, computer skills, etc., definitely.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I might forget how to spell a word here and there, but I did better on the verbal portion of the GRE than I did on the SAT I took in high school.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-09-2018, 10:42 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 10:33 PM)xjarhead1999 Wrote: I don't remember the limit, but with Ashford University I had to take an English test due to my general education English classes being so old. I originally took them in 05/06. I passed but truthfully I struggled. I thought for sure they were going to make me take them again.

That's kind of crazy.  I have gotten better at writing over the years (just more practice), I can't imagine a school having me have to test on that.  But math, computer skills, etc., definitely.

I was a numbers guy back in high school. I had all the required math classes finished in the 10th grade. My last two years I took pre-calculus and calculus because it was somewhat fun.
English classes I struggled with. My handwriting is poor. Grammar items annoy me. My spelling is horrible. I enjoy reading and I can understand everything. I just can't seem to write right.
Done a literature class earlier this year. Was so frustrated that I couldn't enjoy it. We were tested and scored more on grammar, format, finding sources to say what I wanted to say, all all the other crap more than our understanding of the literature. I struggled the whole time.
Math I am a little rusty but still can do. I managed to get over the 70% in ALEKS college algebra in just a few hours. 68% in the initial assessment. On Pre-calculus, I got a 67% in initial assessment. I think a couple days of refresher studying and I'll have it too.
(06-07-2018, 10:43 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Put them on your ACE Transcript as a backup.  If military put them on your JST transcript also.

The ACE registry won't allow it easily. It displays the following message when you try to add one:

Quote:This organization does not participate in the ACE transcript service. In order to receive an ACE transcript for these exams/courses, participants must provide an official score report to the Resource Center.

Please send official score reports to:
CEAI Resource Center
One Dupont Circle
Suite 250
Washington, DC 20036

For more information on the submission process please send requests to CREDIT@acenet.edu.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • Life Long Learning
You can't do it electronically, but you also can't send your CLEP scores to a school electronically. It's not hard to request CLEP score reports; they're just kind of expensive.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(06-10-2018, 05:03 PM)sanantone Wrote: You can't do it electronically, but you also can't send your CLEP scores to a school electronically. It's not hard to request CLEP score reports; they're just kind of expensive.

Think I've paid $20 per transcript.. they're also slow at getting them in the mail.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
(06-10-2018, 02:23 PM)MSK9 Wrote:
(06-07-2018, 10:43 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote: Put them on your ACE Transcript as a backup.  If military put them on your JST transcript also.

The ACE registry won't allow it easily. It displays the following message when you try to add one:

Quote:This organization does not participate in the ACE transcript service. In order to receive an ACE transcript for these exams/courses, participants must provide an official score report to the Resource Center.

CEAI Resource Center
One Dupont Circle
Suite 250
Washington, DC 20036

For more information on the submission process please send requests to CREDIT@acenet.edu.

In 2015 ACE took them the same way they took all my other ACE credits.  ACE must have changed?  Still worth sending them the official CLEP DSST transcript in the long run as insurance.
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(06-10-2018, 05:37 PM)MSK9 Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 05:03 PM)sanantone Wrote: You can't do it electronically, but you also can't send your CLEP scores to a school electronically. It's not hard to request CLEP score reports; they're just kind of expensive.

Think I've paid $20 per transcript.. they're also slow at getting them in the mail.

They're still $20. DSST is now $30, which is insane. I was mad when I had to pay $27 for GRE to send a sheet of paper.

(06-10-2018, 06:21 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 02:23 PM)MSK9 Wrote:

CEAI Resource Center
One Dupont Circle
Suite 250
Washington, DC 20036

In 2015 ACE took them the same way they took all my other ACE credits.  ACE must have changed?  Still worth sending them the official CLEP DSST transcript in the long run as insurance.

I've always understood that you had to mail your CLEP and DSST scores. They've never sent scores electronically.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
It's funny, TESU took my Intro to Computers and Algebra courses from 1994/1995, as well as all my sciences. But, I was just a BALS major. If I went to the local community college into a nursing program I would have to retake the science because they want those courses to be within the last five years. I'm sure it would be impossible to pass the entrance exams without them anyway since I definitely don't remember any of it. I've heard of limits in some places but never had an issue and my credits go back to 1993. I've attended at least five or six colleges since I stopped and started so many times. I didn't lose too many credits in the transfer to TESU. I think everything came in at least as an elective or other credit only because I was over in some areas. I was pretty close though to the 120 mark (maybe only 6-7 credits over). I'm definitely keeping the time limits in mind for my daughter since she is earning credits in high school and will probably utilize CLEP and AP.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 564 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar
  No degree, no worries - 50 years at AT&T for 68 year old engineer bjcheung77 6 746 10-20-2023, 06:59 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Scientist dies at 29 years of age... bjcheung77 4 428 10-09-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 500 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 years later - College graduation... bjcheung77 0 345 05-20-2023, 02:09 PM
  Thank you for the many years of useful information vetvso 2 499 09-25-2022, 04:29 AM
Last Post: vetvso
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 843 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  True to his words - Many years later, NHL Player finishes degree! bjcheung77 2 715 06-19-2022, 11:25 AM
  $250,000 in student debt after 13 years... bjcheung77 17 1,625 06-02-2022, 04:44 PM
Last Post: freeloader