Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CLEP Spanish advice?
Does anyone have any experience preparing for a Spanish CLEP?

Asking for a high school student who took and passed Spanish I-III, but didn't have the best teachers, doesn't show much enthusiasm, and seems not to retain much beyond the class assignments. She would like to attempt this in a pass/fail fashion to get that credit and hopefully not have to take a foreign language in college.
Here's your best option: http://www.free-clep-prep.com/Spanish-La...-CLEP.html
Take the Modern States CLEP voucher: https://modernstates.org/
Spanish CLEP: https://modernstates.org/course/spanish-language/

For extra Spanish AP learning in addition to the CLEP if you ever wanted: https://modernstates.org/course/ap-spani...d-culture/
AP Spanish Language and Culture, An interactive Spanish MOOC to prepare students for the AP language and culture exam. ¡Prepárense con nosotros!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • GoBroncos95
Taking this as well sometime soon, responding so I have links to spanish clep resources lol.
(01-29-2024, 03:10 PM)Stanislav Wrote: Does anyone have any experience preparing for a Spanish CLEP?

Asking for a high school student who took and passed Spanish I-III, but didn't have the best teachers, doesn't show much enthusiasm, and seems not to retain much beyond the class assignments. She would like to attempt this in a pass/fail fashion to get that credit and hopefully not have to take a foreign language in college.

Although not the CLEP information you asked about, general consensus is that Sophia's Spanish course is fairly easy and for anyone that has some previous training, should be pretty straight forward. If they are only looking for the check mark to say they have a foreign language course, that might be the better option. Modern States option is completely free though.
In Progress: 
Excelsior - BPS Business and Management
Study.com - Business 307, Sociology 305, Psychology 315
ASU - Algebra, PreCalc, Calculus
Luna - Bio2 Lab

Completed: 
Universidad Isabel I - MBA/Master Bus & Corp Comm
Kirkwood - AAS Business Administration, Certificate of Human Resources 3.8 GPA
Excelsior - AAS Applied Technologies Electronics 4.0 GPA
TADA - Google Project Management, Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
CSM Learn
US Navy (Electronics Tech 3rd Class) - NER-ET-004, NV-2202-0165 V02, NV-1715-1788 V01, NV-1715-1796 V01, NV-1715-1585 V01, NV-1715-1336 V02

TECEP: 9 Credits
Man-3730, OPM-3010, Bus-3110

Study.com: 6 Credits
Philosophy 301

Lawshelf: 15 Credits
BUS-201, BUS-301, BUS-302, GOV-202, EMP-301

CLEP: 48 Credits
College Math, Financial Accounting, Principles of Micro & Macroeconomics, Intro Sociology, Intro Psychology, Analyze and Interpreting Literature, Intro Business Law, Principles of Marketing, Biology, US History 1 & 2, Humanities

DSST: 9 Credits
Principles of Public Speaking, Ethics in America, Principles of Supervision
InstantCert, the sponsor of DegreeForum, offers Spanish CLEP prep both through their main CLEP prep product and through sister brand SpanishHour.com.
(01-30-2024, 02:26 AM)GameSlinger Wrote:
(01-29-2024, 03:10 PM)Stanislav Wrote: Does anyone have any experience preparing for a Spanish CLEP?

Although not the CLEP information you asked about, general consensus is that Sophia's Spanish course is fairly easy and for anyone that has some previous training, should be pretty straight forward. If they are only looking for the check mark to say they have a foreign language course, that might be the better option. Modern States option is completely free though.

More importantly, CLEP is accepted by local state universities and colleges AND can be used as a high school credit. Sophia might not be. This is for a high school kid who will attend college in person.
Some states have 'independent' study courses that can be used to substitute a class, it's still recommended to do the Dual Enrollment option at the local community colleges if possible to get the RA credits cheap, challenge exams at the local colleges, then CLEP/AP/IB, ACE, and/or last on the list would be NA credits plus NCCRS.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

I studied for about 2 months before taking the Spanish CLEP. I had very basic use of Spanish prior to studying. I used the modern States Course along with the reading material for the course. The reading material proved to be very beneficial. I also used Duolingo to practice Grammar and build vocabulary. A huge help to me was also listening to podcasts. I would recommend "Chill Spanish Listening Podcast" "Duolingo Podcast" and "SuaveSpanish". The CLEP has a listening portion so make sure you are getting lots of auditory practice. I also live in an area with lots of Spanish speakers which gave me the opportunity to practice my Spanish daily. By doing these things I was able to pass the CLEP with a 60. 

You have to immerse yourself but its doable!!
The military pass rate for the Spanish exam is 84%, so this is one of the easiest exams considering you took Spanish in high school and can understand some spoken Spanish.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 2 562 06-27-2024, 02:26 AM
Last Post: lankytrouble
  CLEP Economics marinereef 6 1,080 06-25-2024, 10:42 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Scores Change from 20 years to 10 natshar 7 1,063 04-19-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: MichaelGates
  CLEP transcript question NOX 3 434 04-17-2024, 10:20 AM
  Can CLEP, SDC, Sophia be considered Education Credit Expenses? bruh 1 457 04-13-2024, 02:58 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 814 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 1,517 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 1,149 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 736 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 669 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout