Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP home proctoring issues
My son was taking a CLEP exam tonight and the proctor lost his ability to see my son with 4 questions left.
They told us that he could retake it shortly, but is there any chance they would look at it and count it completed if he already passed?
It was for Principles of Management which is up for renewal December 31st.
I am hoping they will just say that he passed. 

We had a horrible proctor who insisted he had to be in a room without a window (bathroom is our only option). 
We don't have great internet in our bathrooms, it is set up for living room and office. 
Then the proctor said that my son couldn't have a Kleenex tissue in the room bc that is not allowed. 
REALLY? One Kleenex tissue?

Is there a list somewhere of proctor names to avoid?
I would love to put this guy on a list somewhere.
(12-23-2022, 11:29 PM)Carnation Wrote: My son was taking a CLEP exam tonight and the proctor lost his ability to see my son with 4 questions left.
They told us that he could retake it shortly, but is there any chance they would look at it and count it completed if he already passed?
It was for Principles of Management which is up for renewal December 31st.
I am hoping they will just say that he passed. 

We had a horrible proctor who insisted he had to be in a room without a window (bathroom is our only option). 
We don't have great internet in our bathrooms, it is set up for living room and office. 
Then the proctor said that my son couldn't have a Kleenex tissue in the room bc that is not allowed. 
REALLY? One Kleenex tissue?

Is there a list somewhere of proctor names to avoid?
I would love to put this guy on a list somewhere.
Is there a testing center or community college/ university near you? The proctor is simply trying to protect the integrity and reliability of the exam. They are following the rules. Make sure to 100% know what is allowed and not allowed before doing online proctoring. If you complained you'd likely be told that it sounds like the proctor was doing his job. Thats what it sounds like to me.
Room without a window doesn't sound like a standard proctoring agreement. But maybe it is for the CLEP exams. This is part of why I don't think that the online CLEPs are a viable option for most people, even though they sound super convenient.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • ss20ts
My son has taken home proctored CLEP exams before and the laundry room was deemed just fine for testing.
And on the College Board website, it says to have a Kleenex and a piece of paper in a page protector to use as your note paper. The Kleenex tissue is to wipe off the page protector and any notes you make.

So, no, the proctor was not following the rules.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Carnation's post:
  • ss20ts
I had massive issues with their proctoring as well. My exam aborted because a button was poorly marked (I think that issue has now been fixed.) I tracked down a senior VP's email at College Board and got a call the net day from someone empowered to solve the problem. It would seem that if he passes even if they throw out those questions, there should be no reason they can't score the exam and give credit.

I also suspect that the proctor is full of shit as far as the rules you were told and an escalated contact should be able to solve that. My desk is right next to an 8 foot sliding glass door, with a window on the other side of the desk. The proctor had no problem with that.

I have the email addresses I used to get my problem resolved. PM me and I'll send them to you. (I don't want to publish them publicly out of respect for these people.)
[-] The following 3 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • FloridaCLEPMom, rachel83az, ss20ts
(12-24-2022, 11:22 AM)studyingfortests Wrote: I had massive issues with their proctoring as well. My exam aborted because a button was poorly marked (I think that issue has now been fixed.)  I tracked down a senior VP's email at College Board and got a call the net day from someone empowered to solve the problem.  It would seem that if he passes even if they throw out those questions, there should be no reason they can't score the exam and give credit.

I also suspect that the proctor is full of shit as far as the rules you were told and an escalated contact should be able to solve that. My desk is right next to an 8 foot sliding glass door, with a window on the other side of the desk. The proctor had no problem with that.

I have the email addresses I used to get my problem resolved. PM me and I'll send them to you.  (I don't want to publish them publicly out of respect for these people.)

If that's the case I was wrong 100%. Always look for the next person in charge and escalate the issue.
(12-24-2022, 12:41 AM)indigoshuffle Wrote: Is there a testing center or community college/ university near you? 

Before home proctoring, we drove half hour away to test.

We found out that my husband doesn't have an immune system and is receiving immunoglobulin treatments.
For the time being we aren't allowed in public and testing needs to be done from home.
Soo thankful that it is an option or we would have had to wait until summer to test when the testing center and campus isn't as full of people.

My son is testing out of 15 credits of CLEP this month... US History 1 & 2, American Government, Marketing, and Management.
Great way to spend the winter break!
I don't have any rooms in my house without a window, not even a bathroom.  I mean, maybe my kids' closets or something, but that's not feasible.  This is not a rule I've ever heard of and I've taken MANY proctored exams at home.  I don't think this is a real rule.

From CLEP's website:

Remote Proctoring with Proctortrack by Verificient
Remote proctoring is provided by a third-party company called Verificient Technologies, Inc., which operates Proctortrack by Verificient, an identity verification and remote proctoring system.
To participate in remote proctoring, you must have:

• A computer (PC only, no Macs)

• A webcam

• A speaker

• A microphone

• A white board or one sheet of paper in a transparent sheet protector and a dry erase marker for note taking

• A quiet, secure testing environment
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-24-2022, 11:22 AM)studyingfortests Wrote: I had massive issues with their proctoring as well. My exam aborted because a button was poorly marked (I think that issue has now been fixed.)  I tracked down a senior VP's email at College Board and got a call the net day from someone empowered to solve the problem.  It would seem that if he passes even if they throw out those questions, there should be no reason they can't score the exam and give credit.

I have the email addresses I used to get my problem resolved. PM me and I'll send them to you.  (I don't want to publish them publicly out of respect for these people.)

I PM'd you looking for the email addresses you used. We had an awful proctortrack experience last night where the exam literally cut out in the middle and after half an hour of stress resulted in my daughter's boyfriend failing this CLEP exam. He has passed every single CLEP he's ever taken and he was extremely prepared for this one. The proctoring is what caused him to fail. It's absurd that he has to wait 3 months to take it again when it was an issue with their proctoring service, and I hope to get into contact with someone empowered to resolve this so he can retake it asap.
The only response from College Board so far tells us that we have to pay again and wait 3 months to retake a test that was 4 questions from the end due to ProctorTrack's issue of not being able to see my son.

We are fighting it, so we will see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  InstantCert w/CLEP and DSST tomheany 0 142 03-13-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: tomheany
  CLEP and Modern States in the UK BritStudent 4 460 03-06-2024, 09:21 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  CLEP - BIOLOGY Recommendations? GoBroncos95 11 758 02-19-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CLEP Spanish advice? Stanislav 8 486 01-31-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is there a limit to CLEP? GoBroncos95 8 633 01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
  Cancelled clep scores?: Please HELP! lyssiethekitty 2 405 01-11-2024, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Ghostwill
  Military CLEP/DSST transcript issues defscarlett 4 445 01-10-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  What is Modern States? (AKA How to Take CLEP Tests for FREE) sgloer 1 1,975 12-10-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Dango375
  ACE Recommendations for several CLEP Exams expiring today jch 2 934 12-01-2023, 05:30 AM
Last Post: jch
  Is the CLEP College Composition Modular easier than Sophia's English Composition I? whiverem 4 550 11-08-2023, 11:24 AM