Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMP-354 Network Technology TECEP
Did anyone pass this course? What materials did you use to study?
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Yup. I took this exam, if you have A+ and a Net+ it'll be a piece of cake. If not, I would recommend taking a look at all the free materials and corresponding recommendations of resources that are available online. You can look at the free OCR recommended resources in the TECEP PDF.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks! I was just wondering if there were any additional resources I can look at.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(11-14-2018, 04:20 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup. I took this exam, if you have A+ and a Net+ it'll be a piece of cake.  If not, I would recommend taking a look at all the free materials and corresponding recommendations of resources that are available online.  You can look at the free OCR recommended resources in the TECEP PDF.

hey bj! Are you A+/N+ certified?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
My workplace pays for certifications only, sadly, there are no options at work for tuition assistance. So, in order to utilize it, for the last 7.5 years I've been at the company, I got reimbursed for my CompTia A+/Net+/Security+. I got reimbursed for a MTA as well, I haven't taken any Cisco/Linux certs yet but they get reimbursed too. Speaking of the Cisco exams, I flunked the second exam for the Cybersecurity scholarship and failed to capitalize on the free cert! *cries*
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-14-2018, 05:29 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Thanks! I was just wondering if there were any additional resources I can look at.

Did you find anything in the end? Registered for the TECEP via Proctor U and not sure where to find practice materials.
Completed TESU BA in CS & Math
Target grad school: OMSCS, or UoTA MOCSO. (Contemplating research)

Hi, I just recently passed this test with a 76%. I barely have an IT background and I studied hard for this test. Couple of tips below of my studying.

1. Buy the Speechify app on your phone or tablet. Believe it is on IOS and Android. Find a PDF of the class book that is recommended and import it to speechify. This will convert the text to speech for you. I listened through that book 2 times while I was in traffic going to work. Definitely helped.

2. Also, watch or purchase the audio version for Dr. Messners Network + course and listen/watch these as they also helped with certain areas

3. The course syllabus has a list of videos to watch, recommend watching them. Also if you search CMP-354 in YouTube there is a couple of playlist to watch

4. I think what helped the most of was quizlet. First, search for the book on quizlet and you will find a set of flash cards with all the terms from the book. Study these everyday as there is a lot of definitions you need to remember. Also, in the book after each chapter there is a short multiple choice test. You can find all the chapter questions on Quizlet by searching, study these as well.

5. This is optional as it only helped me slightly but don’t think it was necessary. Study.com has a course for the CMP-354 tecep exam but it barely goes into detail of what is in the book but this may be helpful for others in the beginning of their studying.

Last thing I recommend is to buy the monthly subscription for quizlet as it has a learn + option and constantly do the test method with the flash cards.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net

(12-23-2020, 01:59 AM)StudentOLife Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 05:29 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Thanks! I was just wondering if there were any additional resources I can look at.

Did you find anything in the end? Registered for the TECEP via Proctor U and not sure where to find practice materials.

Hi, I just recently passed this test with a 76%. I barely have an IT background and I studied hard for this test. Couple of tips below of my studying.

1. Buy the Speechify app on your phone or tablet. Believe it is on IOS and Android. Find a PDF of the class book that is recommended and import it to speechify. This will convert the text to speech for you. I listened through that book 2 times while I was in traffic going to work. Definitely helped.

2. Also, watch or purchase the audio version for Dr. Messners Network + course and listen/watch these as they also helped with certain areas

3. The course syllabus has a list of videos to watch, recommend watching them. Also if you search CMP-354 in YouTube there is a couple of playlist to watch

4. I think what helped the most of was quizlet. First, search for the book on quizlet and you will find a set of flash cards with all the terms from the book. Study these everyday as there is a lot of definitions you need to remember. Also, in the book after each chapter there is a short multiple choice test. You can find all the chapter questions on Quizlet by searching, study these as well.

5. This is optional as it only helped me slightly but don’t think it was necessary. Study.com has a course for the CMP-354 tecep exam but it barely goes into detail of what is in the book but this may be helpful for others in the beginning of their studying.

Last thing I recommend is to buy the monthly subscription for quizlet as it has a learn + option and constantly do the test method with the flash cards.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kurt8991's post:
  • rachel83az
Also, despite how TESUs TECEP guide states "Please note that the questions below will not appear on your exam," you definitely need to know and understand the answers to the sample questions anyways. I have had questions from there (or nearly the same thing) show up on the actual exam!
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 269 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 590 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 791 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 16,457 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 566 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Date Range for TECEP Exam bradonomics 9 584 09-23-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bradonomics
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 7,169 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Failing TECEP twice KsT 22 1,915 09-02-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: evenFair23
  TECEP registration jdubley 4 410 08-16-2023, 12:17 PM
Last Post: jdubley