Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC AA Help
Seems to be a ton of information about TESU but not a ton on COSC. I'm just looking to simply get an Associates at COSC. I have completed the classes that are located in my signature. Is there anyone that can help with directing me to a pathway to the General Studies Associates? As far as Associates in Arts vs Associates in Science, I'm unsure. Really, it doesn't matter to me. But I'd like to choose the path that best utilizes the classes I've already taken.

Also, are there any other quick and cheap classes I should be taking that I have missed that would help?
B&M
Introduction To Computer Information Systems
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Foundations Of English Composition
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

"Also, are there any other quick and cheap classes I should be taking that I have missed that would help?"

Sophia has a few free 1 credit courses that could benefit you.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
COSC has some requirements that are different than TESU, and I'm not as familiar with them, so take everything here with a grain of salt.  Also, while they are supposed to be much better in terms of customer service, that does not mean that they'll be super helpful in terms of telling you how to get your credits via alternate methods.  But you'll have a good experience with them when you enroll, from what I've heard.

Here is a spreadsheet I created to do the COSC AA.  I did not include FEMA courses, which they accept, and you could do all of the Electives that way (or continue on with Shmoop if you still have a membership with them.

If you want to stay cheap, don't forget that you can get most of what you need through CLEP/ModernStates.  You could take College Comp w/Essay CLEP for 6cr and knock out the Written Comm requirements with 1 exam.  You could take a science CLEP and knock out 6cr that way.  Etc.

So, my $100 per course listing is just an average, there are many free or cheaper ways to get the credit than that price, if that's an issue for you.

Attached Files
.pdf   CGaboury COSC AA.pdf (Size: 60.87 KB / Downloads: 87)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • cookderosa
At COSC, the difference between the degrees is that you must take 45 credits in liberal arts type courses for the Associate in Arts vs. 30 credits in liberal arts type courses for an Associate in Science. Therefore, often it is easier to get the Associate in Science degree. See this link: https://www.charteroak.edu/prospective/p...degree.php
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
(07-26-2018, 03:35 PM)topdog98 Wrote: At COSC, the difference between the degrees is that you must take 45 credits in liberal arts type courses for the Associate in Arts vs. 30 credits in liberal arts type courses for an Associate in Science. Therefore, often it is easier to get the Associate in Science degree. See this link: https://www.charteroak.edu/prospective/p...degree.php

Yes, everything else is the same. To put it another way,
AA allows 15 electives (non-liberal arts)
AS allows 30 electives (non-liberal arts)
Wow thanks everyone for the info.

Just to be clear, Dfrecore, on the sheet you provided the header states it's for TESU. Can you confirm it's actually for COSC?
B&M
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

(07-31-2018, 06:41 PM)CGaboury Wrote: Wow thanks everyone for the info.

Just to be clear, Dfrecore, on the sheet you provided the header states it's for TESU. Can you confirm it's actually for COSC?

Sorry, looks like things got messed up.  The first page is definitely COSC, the 2nd page is TESU.  So don't look at that one.

I created the COSC spreadsheet from the TESU one, and didn't change the header or delete the 2nd page.  Sorry.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
No worries. Thank you so much!
B&M
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

There is the option of taking 17 credits from FEMA into your AA/AS. In addition to that recommendation, you should take the 7 courses that make up the PDS Certificate from FEMA. It's a resume builder! Plus, it's a set of FREE credits & a FREE certificate!

You can use these FEMA credits for the free electives section of your degree. If you continue onwards to a BA/BS from COSC, you can take up to 33 credits into your degree plan. From 17 to 33 credits for FREE - PDS Cert Link: https://training.fema.gov/is/searchis.aspx?search=pds

Too bad there isn't an institution right now that can offer up to 80-90 credits from FEMA, it's all free for the taking and can go into a degree as a concentration. I wonder if Excelsior would allow up to 90 credits from FEMA into their Homeland Security program.
Excelsior: https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/publi...n-emphasis
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-02-2018, 11:51 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There is the option of taking 17 credits from FEMA into your AA/AS. In addition to that recommendation, you should take the 7 courses that make up the PDS Certificate from FEMA. It's a resume builder! Plus, it's a set of FREE credits & a FREE certificate!

You can use these FEMA credits for the free electives section of your degree. If you continue onwards to a BA/BS from COSC, you can take up to 33 credits into your degree plan. From 17 to 33 credits for FREE - PDS Cert Link: https://training.fema.gov/is/searchis.aspx?search=pds

Too bad there isn't an institution right now that can offer up to 80-90 credits from FEMA, it's all free for the taking and can go into a degree as a concentration. I wonder if Excelsior would allow up to 90 credits from FEMA into their Homeland Security program.
Excelsior: https://www.excelsior.edu/programs/publi...n-emphasis

The online AAS or Certificate program in Emergency Management at Frederick Community College is about the closest I've seen to a true FEMA degree. You take the FEMA IS courses in a sequence of four or so then you take a 5-week module course that ties all those IS courses together. The AAS page says it will transfer into COSC BA in Public Safety. It's a cool little program that could probably be finished very quickly with all the Gen Eds transferred in. I would do it if and when I get the extra cash.

https://frederick.edu/programs/public-sa...nline.aspx
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,672 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,303 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,376 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,794 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,975 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,939 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Degree Plan Help - COSC vs TESU regovista 22 4,373 06-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Last Post: davewill
  COSC BSBA videogamesrock 3 1,595 06-24-2018, 02:45 AM
Last Post: videogamesrock