Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC - BSBA | Pending courses
I need to complete the below-mentioned courses.

MKT 220: Principles of Marketing

[b]FIN 210: Finance Management[/b]

Cornerstone, Capstone

and Lab - Like TESU, will COSC accept computer science lab instead of the science lab. I did complete Physics 1 and don't want to Physics 1 lab as it is costly. 
------------------

[-] The following 1 user Likes akr680's post:
  • shadowgem
I find it interesting that COSC is letting you get a BSBA when you already have a BBA. What is your reasoning for this? I'm just curious.

You are so close. Almost there you got this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • akr680
(11-13-2019, 12:45 PM)natshar Wrote: I find it interesting that COSC is letting you get a BSBA when you already have a BBA. What is your reasoning for this? I'm just curious.

To covert 3 years Indian degree into 4 year US degree so that I can apply for a Masters. 

-------
Transcript Research considers a 3-year bachelor degree from India equivalent to completion of three years of undergraduate study from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. Transcript Research does not consider this 3-year Bachelor degree from India to be comparable to a U.S. Bachelor degree, even though the applicant had also earned two additional years of undergraduate study because those two additional years were lower division. Essentially, the applicant has earned four years of lower division undergraduate study, two of which where in technology fields or applied fields, and one year of upper division undergraduate study. While this represents at least five years of full-time enrollment, this is not considered comparable to a US Bachelor degree.

Evaluation Summary

Transcript Research has determined that the applicant has earned the equivalent of a U.S. technical high school diploma from a recognized high school and five years of undergraduate study from a regionally accredited college or university.
This evaluation follows the placement recommendations and guidelines established by the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials but is subject to the policies of the receiving institution. Transcript Research is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
------------------

[-] The following 2 users Like akr680's post:
  • natshar, shadowgem
(11-13-2019, 12:51 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 12:45 PM)natshar Wrote: I find it interesting that COSC is letting you get a BSBA when you already have a BBA. What is your reasoning for this? I'm just curious.

To covert 3 years Indian degree into 4 year US degree so that I can apply for a Masters. 

-------
Transcript Research considers a 3-year bachelor degree from India equivalent to completion of three years of undergraduate study from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States. Transcript Research does not consider this 3-year Bachelor degree from India to be comparable to a U.S. Bachelor degree, even though the applicant had also earned two additional years of undergraduate study because those two additional years were lower division. Essentially, the applicant has earned four years of lower division undergraduate study, two of which where in technology fields or applied fields, and one year of upper division undergraduate study. While this represents at least five years of full-time enrollment, this is not considered comparable to a US Bachelor degree.

Evaluation Summary

Transcript Research has determined that the applicant has earned the equivalent of a U.S. technical high school diploma from a recognized high school and five years of undergraduate study from a regionally accredited college or university.
This evaluation follows the placement recommendations and guidelines established by the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials but is subject to the policies of the receiving institution. Transcript Research is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'm assuming you live in America now because in order to do WGU you have to live in America.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • akr680
(11-13-2019, 12:56 PM)natshar Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 12:51 PM)akr680 Wrote:

-------

Evaluation Summary

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'm assuming you live in America now because in order to do WGU you have to live in America.

Yes, I am.
------------------

If COSC will not accept a computer science lab course, I would probably just complete the SDC Biology I/Lab. It would probably end up being both cheaper and faster. The lab element is only an additional $40 and they are all virtual/online labs so there is no waiting around for the lab kit to be shipped to you either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes shadowgem's post:
  • akr680
At COSC you need 2 sciences (1 science course, and 1 science w/lab) so what's the other science you took? There might be a less expensive lab available for that. If you only took Physics 1, then you have to take another science AND a lab. And no, they won't take computer courses in lieu of sciences like TESU will (and that still wouldn't get you a lab).

Here is what you could do at Study.com:

BIO 101L: Intro to Biology w/Lab ($40 extra fee for virtual lab)
BUS 102: Principles of Marketing
FIN 104: Financial Management

So $199 for a month for 2 courses + $40 lab = $239, then take either Marketing or Finance a cheaper way:
CLEP has Marketing for free (through ModernStates)
OnlineDegree has Marketing for $9
Saylor has both for $25 each
Study.com has an extra exam for $70 - not your cheapest option, but might be the simplest to just get all 3 courses & the lab done in a month at Study.com for $309.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • akr680, cookderosa
Thank you, I will do Biology with Lab.

I am going to continue with SDC, as I need to take IT/CS courses for my WGU - SD degree.
------------------

(11-13-2019, 01:09 PM)akr680 Wrote: Thank you, I will do Biology with Lab.

I am going to continue with SDC, as I need to take IT/CS courses for my WGU - SD degree.

Why are you getting a degree at COSC and a degree at WGU?  And do either of them care that you're doing both at the same time?  Seems like one of those is a waste of your time and money.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(11-13-2019, 02:16 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 01:09 PM)akr680 Wrote: Thank you, I will do Biology with Lab.

Why are you getting a degree at COSC and a degree at WGU?  And do either of them care that you're doing both at the same time?  Seems like one of those is a waste of your time and money.

I agree with you. I've 17 years' experience in IT and Software Development would be helpful in the job search, but it will take a long time to complete. Initially, I applied to WGU, and they just accepted four courses because my IT courses are 15 years old. Then I applied to TESU (BSBA-CIS), and they are generous in taking credits. 

I started getting credits(60) from SL, SDC, TEEX, Institutes, and CSM. Only 15 credits away from BSBA - CIS. Due to cost(Waiver fee) and I always wanted to do an SD degree; therefore, using General, Business related credits to get the BSBA degree ASAP from COSC. Afterward, I will enroll in WGU.
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,683 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,744 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 728 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,303 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,031 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,285 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,644 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,167 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,879 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,621 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso