Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC BSBA Course Help
I've had to power through upper-level credits with COSC in the past month or two. Here's what I used.

DSST Substance Abuse
DSST Ethics in Technology

Study.com Business 105: Labor Operations (completed 6/1/19) Guess I got this one and the one below in before the change
Study.com Business 106: Human Resource Management (completed 6/9/19)
Study.com Business 312: Advanced Operations Management
Study.com Business 321: Small Business Management

Sophia.org Project Management

Of all the options, I went for the easier ones and I think I picked well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreggT67's post:
  • jthatcher50
I asked my advisor about Human Resource Management and Entrepeneurship back in May I think it was. I asked specifically if those two courses would be upper level and if I could use them toward the degree. The answer was an emphatic yes. I had paid the enrollment fee before I even asked about them. I spend a lot of time and money completing these courses. I was then told by multiple people that I could not use either one towards my degree after completing them. I was not told at any time while working on these courses that I should stop taking them. I would not have taken those courses had I known there was even a chance they would not be accepted. I was told by one person that I must have been confused when I signed up for those courses and other excuses were given by another person. But I was told in writing by their own advisor to take those courses. I told them this and they acted like I didn't say anything.
(08-01-2019, 05:21 PM)Argo Wrote: I asked my advisor about Human Resource Management and Entrepeneurship back in May I think it was. I asked specifically if those two courses would be upper level and if I could use them toward the degree. The answer was an emphatic yes. I had paid the enrollment fee before I even asked about them. I spend a lot of time and money completing these courses. I was then told by multiple people that I could not use either one towards my degree after completing them. I was not told at any time while working on these courses that I should stop taking them. I would not have taken those courses had I known there was even a chance they would not be accepted. I was told by one person that I must have been confused when I signed up for those courses and other excuses were given by another person. But I was told in writing by their own advisor to take those courses. I told them this and they acted like I didn't say anything.

I hope you forwarded the email to them. I've had a few battles with them and found if I push hard enough, they give. The other option is what you were already offered. Upgrade the classes to the upper-level ones. Probably half or more of the course was already completed by taking the courses you already did. I ran into that with Intro to Entrepreneurship. Study.com had it listed as upper-level. I took it and only got lower-level credit. Just forged ahead and got the upper-level credit using the Small Business Management class.
In addition to the UL Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management, Study.com also offers an UL Labor Relations course. If you've completed the LL course that should fill in some of the quizzes, so you'd just have to take the remaining quizzes, do the assignment, and take the final for UL credit.

I don't know what COSC accepts of course so you'd want to confirm with them what they will take.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
[-] The following 1 user Likes Muldoon's post:
  • jthatcher50

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,950 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,859 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,397 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,094 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,339 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,781 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,248 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,914 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso