Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC/CREDLEY
The advisor assigned says Credley is not accepted.  What????All ACE courses were moved here.  Now what?  Also, is ALEKS accepted?
As usual, just ignore the nonsense spouted by school advisors regarding alt credits. Just ask your advisor what email address to use for electronic transcript submissions and send your stuff there.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
ALEKS is not accepted. There is a very short list of acceptable ACE credit providers and ALEKS is not on that list.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Students will be limited to a total of 90 degree-applicable credits for a Bachelors degree and 45 degree-applicable credits for an Associate degree, from non-regionally accredited course providers, even if an agreement is in place.

Note: Charter Oak currently has agreements with the following organizations:

AP, CLEP, CSM Learn, DSST, StraighterLine, Study.com, Saylor, Sophia

Link: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...r_inst.php
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-30-2021, 06:08 PM)hoffdeb Wrote: The advisor assigned says Credley is not accepted.  What????All ACE courses were moved here.  Now what?  Also, is ALEKS accepted?

They don't know what Credley is, and it (I'm assuming) was not explained that these are ACE credits.  Ignore.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-01-2021, 12:41 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:08 PM)hoffdeb Wrote: The advisor assigned says Credley is not accepted.  What????All ACE courses were moved here.  Now what?  Also, is ALEKS accepted?

They don't know what Credley is, and it (I'm assuming) was not explained that these are ACE credits.  Ignore.

Ignore?  I am trying to get the ACE credits seen and into an evaluation.  They seem clueless.  ACE rep reached out to me and said she'd contact them.  Frustrating.

I am curious why ALEKS isn't on the list of accepted sources.  I will contact ALEKS and ask them about their agreement with them.
Thanks.
(10-01-2021, 05:32 PM)hoffdeb Wrote:

Ignore?  I am trying to get the ACE credits seen and into an evaluation.  They seem clueless.  ACE rep reached out to me and said she'd contact them.  Frustrating.

I am curious why ALEKS isn't on the list of accepted sources.  I will contact ALEKS and ask them about their agreement with them.
Thanks.

Your Credly transcript won't be looked at by an admissions person, it will be looked at by the Registrar, who understands all of this.

ALEKS is NOT accepted at COSC any longer, and nobody is going to help.  Here's their list: https://www.charteroak.edu/pla/credit-for-courses.php
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yeah, I tried to send my Sophia credits through Credly, and they would not accept that. I had to send the credits through Parchment (for a fee). For StraighterLine, I sent directly through their transcript service. Your academic advisor will tell you exactly how to send whatever credits if they are accepted (at least they did for me). I'm not going to lie..... my advisor was slow to answer (assuming she's a busy person), but she helped me get to graduation. They should do the same for you. And that's a no on ALEKS.
In-progress/Upcoming:
South College - EDD - Higher Education
Southern Utah University - MM - Music Technology

Certs: ComptiaA+, SAS Data Scientist

Completed:
WGU - MS - Curriculum and Instruction, 2024
Thomas Edison State University - BA - Liberal Studies, 2023
Charter Oak State College - AA - General Studies, 2021

Certs: Google IT Support
(10-02-2021, 11:15 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-01-2021, 05:32 PM)hoffdeb Wrote:

Thanks.

Your Credly transcript won't be looked at by an admissions person, it will be looked at by the Registrar, who understands all of this.

ALEKS is NOT accepted at COSC any longer, and nobody is going to help.  Here's their list: https://www.charteroak.edu/pla/credit-for-courses.php

Ah, I forgot that COSC doesn't take Credly transcripts - but they still take ACE credit, you just have to send Sophia on Parchment.  I have zero clue why they do this, it's such a pain.

So the advisor was right in that they won't take a Credly TRANSCRIPT, but incorrect in not telling you that they will take those exact same credits on a Parchment transcript. SMH.  Still makes me think that person doesn't know what they're talking about (doesn't understand ACE credit).

Credly is not the official transcripts for Sophia.org. You have to order official sophia.org transcripts from Parchment. Credlly is only UNofficial. Parchment is official.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 2,957 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,859 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 781 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,398 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,095 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,340 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,785 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,250 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,914 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,665 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso