Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC Capstone/Cornerstone cost?
Just a quick question:

Are these included in your tuition or do you need to pay for them separately?

Thanks!
Tuition+Enrollment Fee+Tech Fee. So if you take them both in 1 semester you would have 3 credits tuition for cornerstone, 3 credits tution for capstone, $245 Enrollment fee, and $50 tech fee. There are also books and if you plan to graduate there is grad fee.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

There is no need to buy the books for the cornerstone class, you can find them all online for free. Also, if memory serves correctly, you cannot take cornerstone and capstone at the same time.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
TinHead Wrote:Just a quick question:

Are these included in your tuition or do you need to pay for them separately?

Thanks!

You pay for each class separately just like any other class.
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
Total cost for cornerstone course = $1333 for out of state tuition + student fee + tech fee

Total cost for capstone course = $1333

That's if you're not taking any other classes through COSC like a lot of us.

Also, if you're doing the business MGT 499 Capstone, either get the $50 international edition ("Not for sale in America") off of eBay or get an older edition. It's the same info as the 'Murica edition, just softcover.
KittenMittens Wrote:That's if you're not taking any other classes through COSC like a lot of us.
What else would one take at COSC? Cheaper options for most other courses and they are quite willing to let you take them elsewhere.

I can imagine a few concentrations that might require their courses but not many.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
ajs1976 Wrote:Tuition+Enrollment Fee+Tech Fee. So if you take them both in 1 semester you would have 3 credits tuition for cornerstone, 3 credits tution for capstone, $245 Enrollment fee, and $50 tech fee. There are also books and if you plan to graduate there is grad fee.

These are the fees I found online:

Application Fee: $75
Tuition: $2,076
College Fees: $490
Books: $252

Are they more if I am a Canadian?

AngelaP Wrote:There is no need to buy the books for the cornerstone class, you can find them all online for free. Also, if memory serves correctly, you cannot take cornerstone and capstone at the same time.

Is this true?

KittenMittens Wrote:Total cost for cornerstone course = $1333 for out of state tuition + student fee + tech fee

Total cost for capstone course = $1333

That's if you're not taking any other classes through COSC like a lot of us.

Also, if you're doing the business MGT 499 Capstone, either get the $50 international edition ("Not for sale in America") off of eBay or get an older edition. It's the same info as the 'Murica edition, just softcover.

On the website it states: "If you are seeking a Bachelor's degree [which I am], you need a minimum of 1 class per semester for 2 semesters from Charter Oak State College. Please bear in mind that all of your credits may not be transferable and you might be required to take additional courses in order to earn your degree." -- Do I have to go for two semesters and pay my tuition twice?
TinHead Wrote:These are the fees I found online:

Application Fee: $75
Tuition: $2,076
College Fees: $490
Books: $252

Are they more if I am a Canadian?

On the website it states: "If you are seeking a Bachelor's degree [which I am], you need a minimum of 1 class per semester for 2 semesters from Charter Oak State College. Please bear in mind that all of your credits may not be transferable and you might be required to take additional courses in order to earn your degree." -- Do I have to go for two semesters and pay my tuition twice?

Assuming you have to take the classes over 2 semesters and you are only taking capstone and cornerstone.

Before Semester 1:

Application fee - $75

Semester 1:

Tuition for Cornerstone, 3 credits @ $346 non-resident = $1038
Student services fee, per semester = $245
Technology fee, per semester = $50

Semester 2:

Tuition for Capstone, 3 credits @ $346 non-resident = $1038
Graduation fee = $205

those amounts are in US dollars, so they would need converted to Canadian dollars
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

ajs1976 Wrote:Assuming you have to take the classes over 2 semesters and you are only taking capstone and cornerstone.

Before Semester 1:

Application fee - $75

Semester 1:

Tuition for Cornerstone, 3 credits @ $346 non-resident = $1038

Semester 2:

Tuition for Capstone, 3 credits @ $346 non-resident = $1038
Graduation fee = $205

those amounts are in US dollars, so they would need converted to Canadian dollars

Makes sense. Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,977 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,104 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  Capstone Anxiety Iamtehking 9 4,301 09-18-2018, 06:22 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,322 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Cornerstone waiver Dowew 23 4,674 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,688 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU Cornerstone stuck in my "cart" MNomadic 8 1,982 08-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  BUS-421 - Capstone - Final Project Submitted! Gloddy 16 4,736 08-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Gloddy
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 3,045 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium