Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC New GE Requirements
(07-01-2023, 08:18 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Wouldn't you need capstone, cornerstone + diversity, equity, and inclusion taken at Charter Oak?

You need also:
  • 30 RA total credits
  • 80% minimum grade on transfer credits
  • 30 UL courses  (hard to get with limited Study.com options)

Charter Oak ought to consider TECEP PSY-2700-TE Psychology of Gender for the new DEI requirement. Equity, inclusion, and other intersections including race are major topics specifically addressed in the test description. The test is TECEP's revision of what was previously Psychology of Women.
I'm not even sure why we're talking about COSC anymore on here. They are only good for a very limited number of students who already have most of their UL courses completed.

For those who want/need an AA, they're still a decent option in terms of price (that is, if you need an AA/AS rather than Pierpont's AAS). But the people who want/need that are few and far between at this point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Two ASU Universal Learner courses look like they might meet Charter Oak's new DEI requirement:

SST 220 Introduction to Social Transformation: "explore the core principles and frameworks of intersectionality and social transformation. The course content examines the social, political and cultural constructions of difference, the relationships and intersections between categories of difference - namely race, gender, sexuality, and dis/ability - and the ways in which individuals and groups experience multiple categories of difference."

HCR 230 Culture and Health: "unpack barriers to intercultural communication and strategies to not only overcome these but to improve upon them. Cultural competency is increasingly important in not only health care but every single industry"
This is a huge pain and I'm thinking more about TESU but that $3,500 residency fee really hits hard!
(08-18-2023, 12:09 AM)SkMama Wrote: This is a huge pain and I'm thinking more about TESU but that $3,500 residency fee really hits hard!

There are other options besides paying the residency fee at TESU...
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's right, if you pay for two courses at COSC, the cornerstone/capstone, you're paying $329 x 6 = $1974 plus their other fees you need, so at minimum this is the cost for just COSC, you'll have to add the UL requirements that are harder to find and will cost you more, they are less alternative credit friendly and also require 30 RA credits. The fees will add up to about the same fees at the flat rate tuition at TESU, you should shoot for the 15 credit flat rate term at TESU to save the cost, they're also holding free TECEPs to get you the 15 RA credits too if needed.

COSC Fees/Tuition: https://www.charteroak.edu/Prospective/Tuition/
TESU Flat rate tuition: https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition
New Jersey residents $3,319
Out-of-state residents $4,299
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-01-2023, 01:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Looks about the same as before. The gen eds have always been relatively simple to get.

Its funny, of all things, the change actually allowed me to transfer in even more credits. I am now at 110 I believe since I spoke with Andrew over the phone. Though, I still need to do 30 credits with them.
Universidad Isabel I
2023: M.B.A.
2023: Master in Business/Corporate Comm
William Patterson University
2024: M.Ed - Educational Leadership
UMPI:
2024: M.A.O.L.
2023: B.A. - History & Political Science
2023: B.L.S. - Management
2023: A.A. - Liberal Studies
Rowan College of South Jersey:
2022: A.A. A.S. - Sociology
2023: A.A. A.S. - History
2023: A.A. A.S. - Philosophy
2023: A.A. A.S. - Psychology
Luna Community College:
2024: A.A.S. - Business Admin.
CCAF:
2024: A.A.S. - Emerg. Man.
(08-23-2023, 03:33 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote: Its funny, of all things, the change actually allowed me to transfer in even more credits. I am now at 110 I believe since I spoke with Andrew over the phone. Though, I still need to do 30 credits with them.

Are you referring to COSC requiring 30 credits for residency or UMPI? COSC should still remain at 6 credits residency and UMPI is the one at 30 credits required.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-23-2023, 03:33 AM)Mint Berry Crunch Wrote:
(07-01-2023, 01:03 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Looks about the same as before. The gen eds have always been relatively simple to get.

Its funny, of all things, the change actually allowed me to transfer in even more credits. I am now at 110 I believe since I spoke with Andrew over the phone. Though, I still need to do 30 credits with them.

You don't need to do 30cr at COSC.  And "the change"?  What change?  COSC does not require that you do the GE's if you're wanting a 2nd degree, so this would not apply to you.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
does charter oak accept saylor ACE courses ?

ENVS203: Environmental Ethics, Justice, and World Views
https://learn.saylor.org/course/view.php?id=21

POLSC402: Global Justice
https://learn.saylor.org/course/view.php?id=50

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 3,077 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,906 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 796 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,117 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,360 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,910 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,300 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,935 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,686 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Does Cosc waive GE for second degrees or needs to be met? Kab 7 1,610 02-10-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: Kab