Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC vs Excelsior cost
What is wrong with BSBA at COSC??

No ACBSP accreditation is big deal??

If i get this BSBA i will not being able to do a Master in business in other university??
(08-21-2019, 02:12 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: Yes but at cosc is it not a bachelor of arts or sciense i think. But a bachelor of general studies?

No.  At COSC the General Studies program offers a Liberal Arts concentration that is available in either a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or a Bachelor of Science (BS)

(08-21-2019, 12:26 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Here are your options for a generic liberal studies degree at the Big 3:

COSC - BALS or BSLS
EC - BALS or BSLS
TESU - BALS only

For all practical purposes these are all equal. They may be called something slightly different by the schools, but they all offer the same accreditation or professional value. They are all what is available by the schools in General/Liberal Arts subjects - they offer the most flexible course/credit options.

(08-21-2019, 03:05 PM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: What is wrong with BSBA at COSC??

No ACBSP accreditation is big deal??

If i get this BSBA i will not being able to do a Master in business in other university??

You can most certainly earn a BSBA (even one without ACBSP) and then go on to earn an MBA.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

So you can get a bachelor what says art or sciense instead of general studies?
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    
COSC does offer a BSBA: https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/. It is not a BS or BA in General Studies.
(10-03-2019, 04:40 PM)wow Wrote: COSC does offer a BSBA: https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/. It is not a BS or BA in General Studies.

Yes, we know.  There were 2 parts to this discussion
1) whether a BSBA from TESU was better than a BSBA from COSC because of the ACBSP accreditation (TESU has it, COSC doesn't)
2) whether a BALS/BSLS from TESU or COSC is better than the other
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-21-2019, 04:17 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: So you can get a bachelor what says art or sciense instead of general studies?

Quote:From: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/current/undergraduate-programs-bachelors/

Charter Oak State College offers Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degrees in General Studies. The degree earned is either a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science with a major in General Studies and a concentration in one or more specific subjects. The major and concentration are printed on the official transcript, but not the diploma.

A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree requires a minimum of 120 credits total. For the Bachelor of Arts at least 90 credits must be in the liberal arts; 60 in the Bachelor of Science. Thirty (30) credits must be upper level.
Bachelor of Arts in General Studies:

1. General Education requirements must be met.

2. Concentration: minimum of 36 credits

3. Electives added to General Education and Concentration to bring total credits to 120. (A minimum of 90 of the credits must be liberal arts subjects.)
Bachelor of Science in General Studies:

1. General Education requirements must be met.

2. Concentration: minimum of 36 credits

3. Electives added to General Education and Concentration to bring total credits to 120. (A minimum of 60 of the credits must be in liberal arts subjects.)

In short, it's the number of Liberal Arts credit you have. In practice, I suspect it will depend on whether the courses in the concentration you choose qualify as Liberal Arts subjects or not.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(10-04-2019, 12:54 PM)davewill Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 04:17 PM)SweetsugarNL Wrote: So you can get a bachelor what says art or sciense instead of general studies?

In short, it's the number of Liberal Arts credit you have. In practice, I suspect it will depend on whether the courses in the concentration you choose qualify as Liberal Arts subjects or not.

For someone who has a lot of non-liberal arts courses like business, nursing, fire, police, etc., this gives you a lot of extra space for these kinds of credits.  COSC also allows you to choose a BSLS and then have a concentration in something from this area, plus something from the Liberal Arts.  So Business (non-LA) and Communication (LA), or Nursing (non-LA) and Biology (LA) or IT (non-LA) and Math (LA).

Remember that the Liberal Arts include Science courses, so it's a bit deceiving/complicated.  The Liberal Arts are Humanities, Social Sciences, Math, and Natural Sciences.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(10-04-2019, 06:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For someone who has a lot of non-liberal arts courses like business, nursing, fire, police, etc., this gives you a lot of extra space for these kinds of credits.  COSC also allows you to choose a BSLS and then have a concentration in something from this area, plus something from the Liberal Arts.  So Business (non-LA) and Communication (LA), or Nursing (non-LA) and Biology (LA) or IT (non-LA) and Math (LA).

Remember that the Liberal Arts include Science courses, so it's a bit deceiving/complicated.  The Liberal Arts are Humanities, Social Sciences, Math, and Natural Sciences.

I find COSC majors pretty confusing in general, but isn't Liberal Studies a concentration within General Studies? So that it's a BS with a major in general studies with a concentration in liberal studies in (name of field) and (name of field)?

(Been trying to understand this myself.)

(10-03-2019, 11:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 04:40 PM)wow Wrote: COSC does offer a BSBA: https://www.charteroak.edu/business-administration/. It is not a BS or BA in General Studies.

Yes, we know.  There were 2 parts to this discussion
1) whether a BSBA from TESU was better than a BSBA from COSC because of the ACBSP accreditation (TESU has it, COSC doesn't)
2) whether a BALS/BSLS from TESU or COSC is better than the other

Correction received Big Grin
COSC used to only have concentrations. Everything was a BS or BA in General Studies with a concentration. COSC now has majors, but the liberal studies program is still a concentration within the general studies major. If you dig, you can find the other old concentrations that are still available.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excelsior BSLA - Upper Level Credits Robinred2404 7 408 03-18-2024, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Robinred2404
  Has excelsior accepted CSM math recently? CM1999 6 938 01-11-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  So disappointed in Excelsior. Should I bail or suck it up for the last class? profstudent 22 5,585 12-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  New Change to Enrollment at Excelsior U. -- Not Good milah1 12 1,648 10-20-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Excelsior University BS in Liberal Arts Upper Credit Transfer Options Niketay 13 2,318 07-05-2023, 10:22 AM
  Excelsior University to Ivey League ----> RichestLiberalArtsMajor 5 1,338 06-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  OTmina - Excelsior Degree Plan OTmina 28 4,077 05-16-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Excelsior Capstone Risa 6 1,738 04-30-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: new2this
  Finally Graduating from Excelsior University new2this 4 1,256 04-29-2023, 12:46 AM
  English Comp Excelsior Sophia joer 17 5,313 04-14-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az