Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COSC vs TESU? Degree Plan needed
Thanks so much! Great info. Noted!

Can you explain the student fee per semester to me? I mean theoretically, he would have to pay that for two semesters due to the capstone/cornerstone and any other COSC courses he'd end up needing?
Yeah, he'll have to pay that fee for each semester he attends.

That's why most people try to have all their needed credits transfer ready when they apply. That way they only have to pay that fee for two semesters. He can take the courses he needs while taking the Cornerstone and Capstone.

I would also look into, I think they're called articulation agreements. It would mean if you can find the classes you need cheaper at, say a community college, he could enroll in those courses and COSC would treat it as though he were enrolled at another school. Kind of like dual-enrollment, if that makes sense. But it only works for semester based courses (courses with a set beginning and end) and you have to get COSC's approval first. At the end of semester, the other school sends your grades to COSC. I would only do that if you had a few courses left to take in addition to the Cornerstone and Capstone. It can save you a lot of money in the long run if you have to take classes somewhere and can't use alternative credits.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • Clepper43
There are so many affordable online BA Programs in English and Communications. Check these programs out. -- Wrote: 
Valley City State University - $240 pch (Depending on where you live) - BA Professional Communication 

Arkansas State University - $248 - pch BA Communication Studies / BS Strategic Communication
Ohio Christian University - $250.00 pch BA English (Military Affiliated)
Clayton State University - $262 pch - BA English
Amberton University - $265 pch - BA Professional Development (They offer Communication Courses)
American Public University - $270 pch - BA English
Waldorf University - $295 pch - BA Communications 
Nicholls State University - $302 pch - BA English
Univ. of Texas of the Permian Basin - $303 pch - BA Communication (7 Week Courses)
Drury University - $308 pch - BS Organizational Communication and Development

Or take courses at these schools and transfer them to Thomas Edison State University. -- 

Univ. of Idaho Independent Study - $160 pch - https://www.uidaho.edu/academics/dee/independent-study
Brigham Young Univ. Independent Study - $193 pch - https://is.byu.edu/catalog?school=18
Univ. of Northern Iowa Independent Study - $253 pch - https://continuinged.uni.edu/distance/gis
Louisiana State Univ. Continuing Education - $288 pch - http://www.outreach.lsu.edu/Distance-Learning/Online-Distance-Learning/Tuition-Fees

I hope this helps. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes pdc's post:
  • Clepper43
(02-26-2019, 11:16 PM)pdc Wrote:
There are so many affordable online BA Programs in English and Communications. Check these programs out. -- Wrote:Thanks so much! Great list! 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Path/degree recommendation for a 40 yr old man with no degree Freyo27 1 31 1 hour ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Educational Degree Planning Help nhmimi 6 107 1 hour ago
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 34 597 3 hours ago
Last Post: crowbird
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 8 312 4 hours ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 4 136 Yesterday, 06:39 AM
Last Post: curious
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,477 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,854 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 178 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  BACS BSCIS plan guidance LAMi 23 341 03-25-2024, 09:11 PM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 954 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM