Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS Student Wanting to Transfer, What School is Best for a Senior with Anxiety?
(03-08-2023, 12:47 PM)davewill Wrote: I agree, except that you should apply for the CS degree. That's the one that's going to have the biggest bearing on your decision. You might be able to apply for both degrees and therefore see clearly where your credits land in both of them.

I'm pretty sure you can only apply for one degree, then get the second degree added later.

For the Comp Sci degree, the "what if" tool will be good enough. For a Math degree, they may need to adjust things manually. That's not something that will show up on the what if tool. The what if tool could give a very incomplete picture for a Math degree due to the lack of these adjustments.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-06-2023, 11:04 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 10:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just did a BACS degree plan, here's what you need at TESU:

English Comp II
Oral Communication (Presentation Skills at SDC if you want)
Ethics - Ethics in the Social Sciences at SDC if you want, it's the shortest ethics course there
History - I think you need a history course, I don't see one in your list

The BA vs. the BS is not important, I would never let this stop me from choosing TESU.

I wish I could say that you could get a BA in Math as well, but unfortunately, Bellevue has most of the math courses as LL, and so TESU may not bring them in as UL; if they do, then great, get that degree, you just need 1 add'l UL math course which you could take at TESU, or somewhere else.

Good luck!

I forgot about ethics. And I don't know if they need a history course I never took one and some how had all gen eds at TESU complete.

TESU changed the GE requirements in July 2021, and you now MUST take a History course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
(03-08-2023, 03:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 11:04 PM)natshar Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 10:58 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Just did a BACS degree plan, here's what you need at TESU:

English Comp II
Oral Communication (Presentation Skills at SDC if you want)
Ethics - Ethics in the Social Sciences at SDC if you want, it's the shortest ethics course there
History - I think you need a history course, I don't see one in your list

The BA vs. the BS is not important, I would never let this stop me from choosing TESU.

I wish I could say that you could get a BA in Math as well, but unfortunately, Bellevue has most of the math courses as LL, and so TESU may not bring them in as UL; if they do, then great, get that degree, you just need 1 add'l UL math course which you could take at TESU, or somewhere else.

Good luck!

I forgot about ethics. And I don't know if they need a history course I never took one and some how had all gen eds at TESU complete.

TESU changed the GE requirements in July 2021, and you now MUST take a History course.

Ah I see it now. Yes you actually need History under Human Cultures. Yep I was before July 2021. Still got my BA and never took any history course.
So OP, you're in WA State too?!  With just 5 courses left to take, it's really a 50/50, it's like a coin toss, I am leaning more on staying at BC though...  If you had more, maybe 10+ or so courses remaining, I would switch to another school due to the various reasons you have listed above...  Let's start digging into this further... Does your catalog year requirements differ from the 2022/2023 year?  Link: Program of Study: Computer Science, BS - Bellevue College - Acalog ACMS

One thing that hasn't been mentioned is the Prior Learning Assessment, TESU and many other schools including BC has this option.  You can PLA 25% of your degree, thus those 5 courses would be part of the assessment to get credit from PLA.  For example, you take X courses at Study.com or another ACE/NCCRS and get it evaluated at TESU, with a TESU transcript showing equivalency, the PLA may be more favorable.  Link: Academic Credit for Prior Learning :: Transfer to Bellevue College

My suggestion is to take all measures at BC before switching, if all else fails at BC and there is absolutely no way of getting those extra 5 courses transferred in, then decide to switch to a more favorable school.  Your best bet right now is to speak with BC and see what other options other than PLA from Experience/Self Study/Work, as challenge exams are not available for every course...  Decide once you have all your details!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-06-2023, 08:38 PM)SeriouslySylvia Wrote: SNHU: What I'm leaning towards currently thus far. The capstone seems to only be one class, no group work or presentations. Seems to only allow you to transfer 90 credits to your Bachelors,  expected. I like learning, I don’t mind putting in the work, but its frustrating. At least it looks like its requirements are different than my program, so I'd  be able to learn some new things instead of retaking courses. The classes also seem to be shorter, so even though I'd need at least 30 credits, I'd be finishing up in about a year anyway. The downside seems to be I'd lose my GPA still. Also I heard they maybe accept more than 90, they just need the 30 credit residency, in which maybe I could go for a minor and actually gain something.

I've been looking into SNHU's CS Bachelor's here and there. So far, it has been hit and miss on getting basic questions answered via their finance dept. and general questions email addresses. I can't say I'm impressed by their customer service thus far. 

To respond to what I have highlighted above in quoting you; I can't say for certain that there is no group work. There might be for one or two of the software development courses. For most classes there seems to be a weekly discussion question that is due every Thursday. Your interaction (question or response) requires a minimum number of responses or interactions in SNHU's discussion board specific to the course.  Also, many classes have weekly assignments that are due every Sunday before midnight eastern time.

So please, factor in the mandatory weekly message board discussions and assignments. You'll generally have more day-to-day freedom among your other options.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,484 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Feedback on Paris Business School absamer 5 266 03-12-2024, 06:23 PM
  Computer science for international student in 2024 Passa 6 360 02-27-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Passa
  Going back to school at 29 for CS with only freshman year of college completed RejuvenationOclock 6 486 02-17-2024, 01:24 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BS CS degree for anxiety person munro 19 1,470 02-02-2024, 12:27 PM
  Help - Engineering Degree for European Student Bat1234 6 587 01-06-2024, 07:35 AM
Last Post: Bat1234
Question Help - Computer Science Degree Plan International Student JohnnyBazzinga 8 893 01-04-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Help finding a school and degree plan bleedingpurple 39 3,272 12-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Hi! Prospective law school student. Need 30-ish credits to graduate within 6 months. CaughtInTheRye12 23 1,653 12-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CaughtInTheRye12
  UK Student with 1st Year of BS complete already jjlumc 4 619 11-22-2023, 11:25 AM