Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calculator for Saylor Business Statistics?
Hey guys, I'm trying to find info on which calculator Saylor accepts for the Business Stats exam. Is it online? personal? I took the practice test and there was NO option to pull up a calculator, and I couldn't even find an online calculator similar to Aleks' Statistics calculator, which is how I learned. There's no calculator under the course's Resources either. I remember in some thread about cheating, someone mentioned saylor had an approved calculator, though it may have been just for Algebra, and searching hasn't brought me any luck. Help please?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:Hey guys, I'm trying to find info on which calculator Saylor accepts for the Business Stats exam. Is it online? personal? I took the practice test and there was NO option to pull up a calculator, and I couldn't even find an online calculator similar to Aleks' Statistics calculator, which is how I learned. There's no calculator under the course's Resources either. I remember in some thread about cheating, someone mentioned saylor had an approved calculator, though it may have been just for Algebra, and searching hasn't brought me any luck. Help please?

If no one helps you out on here I would get ahold of someone at Saylor. There is no way they can expect you to do a Stats test with no calculator, that would be just about impossible.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
you use their online calculator

https://sayloracademy.zendesk.com/hc/en-...ored-exam-
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
It's not actually their calculator, it's some 3rd party "demo" calculator.

https://calculatorpi.com/

The Aleks stats calculator was much better, this one is just a generic scientific calculator without any stats functions. Some simple notes prior to taking the exam: make sure you've memorized the stddev & stderr functions, as well as the z-statistic function and the difference between a population mean and a sample mean. Those things along with the binomial distribution, permutation & combination formulas will carry you through 95% of the math on the Saylor exam.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Thanks for the link and the study tips, very helpful! On that calculator site, I noticed it says

"This scientific calculator is under permanent development, therefore, it may give wrong results at times. Always do sanity checks and if you are trying to calculate something important, verify your results with help of alternative tools like other calculators, hand calculations, etc. "

That's super comforting lol.. What made Saylor choose that calculator when there are plenty of other (seemingly) failproof ones?! I'm not too worried about it bc it's prolly just a mandatory disclaimer, but had to point that out.
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:Thanks for the link and the study tips, very helpful! On that calculator site, I noticed it says

"This scientific calculator is under permanent development, therefore, it may give wrong results at times. Always do sanity checks and if you are trying to calculate something important, verify your results with help of alternative tools like other calculators, hand calculations, etc. "

That's super comforting lol.. What made Saylor choose that calculator when there are plenty of other (seemingly) failproof ones?! I'm not too worried about it bc it's prolly just a mandatory disclaimer, but had to point that out.

Yeah, that bugs me as well. Saylor doesn't allow physical calculators either. At least scratch paper is allowed, so you can double-check the calculator if it doesn't seem like it's giving the right answer, though there's hardly enough time on their exams to do a lot of longhand math.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
Did you take Saylor Business Statistics? How is it? I want to take it and I'm not finding anything about it.

(09-02-2017, 05:33 AM)Ideas Wrote: Did you take Saylor Business Statistics? How is it? I want to take it and I'm not finding anything about it.

Just seeing this now... I ended up taking a different course for that requirement, last-minute kind of deal. Sorry I'm not more of a help!
Graduated June 2018!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 276 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Saylor---Easy??? midnite123 12 1,699 10-06-2023, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 450 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 695 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 523 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
  Statistics RA credit available anywhere? echo64 7 774 12-11-2022, 02:46 PM
  Online Learning Statistics Alpha 0 515 07-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 970 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 999 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 718 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045