Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you graduate with an AA and BA from TESU at the same time?
Let's say I have all the requirements for an AA and BA at TESU except for the BA Capstone.

Can I enroll, take the Capstone, and then file for graduation for BOTH an AA and a BA?

I realize each degree will charge its own graduation fee, but I won't have to enroll/register/pay twice, correct?
You can graduate for both and you should only have to pay one graduation fee. In fact, you could go two of each if you want.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eriehiker's post:
  • StoicJ
(01-19-2018, 11:21 AM)kevinmane Wrote: Let's say I have all the requirements for an AA and BA at TESU except for the BA Capstone.

Can I enroll, take the Capstone, and then file for graduation for BOTH an AA and a BA?

Yes.  You'll have to pay the residency waiver, the price for the capstone, and one graduation fee.

If you haven't taken any Study.com courses, you should take at least one.  It will save you about $1000.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Is this a newer option? When I earned mine, they needed to be separated by 1 term. My AA was awarded on 06/2008 and my BA was on 09/2008 though both were done at the same time.
Why would you want to do this? What benefit do you expect to gain from earning the associate's in addition to the bachelor's at the same time. Typically, the associate's is earned as a stepping stone to the higher degree.
(01-19-2018, 02:12 PM)Marcus Aurelius Wrote: Why would you want to do this? What benefit do you expect to gain from earning the associate's in addition to the bachelor's at the same time. Typically, the associate's is earned as a stepping stone to the higher degree.

It depends on what the AA and BA are in.  If they are unrelated, then they MIGHT be of benefit (an ASNSM and BSBA for instance).

But I agree that if it's an ASBA and n BSBA, then there's no point.  But if it doesn't cost any additional, then it doesn't hurt to get it.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Marcus Aurelius
(01-19-2018, 02:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-19-2018, 02:12 PM)Marcus Aurelius Wrote: Why would you want to do this? What benefit do you expect to gain from earning the associate's in addition to the bachelor's at the same time. Typically, the associate's is earned as a stepping stone to the higher degree.

It depends on what the AA and BA are in.  If they are unrelated, then they MIGHT be of benefit (an ASNSM and BSBA for instance).

But I agree that if it's an ASBA and n BSBA, then there's no point.  But if it doesn't cost any additional, then it doesn't hurt to get it.

I will be graduating from TESU with an ASNSM Computer Science and the BSBA General Management. No additional costs for me as I already had so many LL Computer Science credits before I started my degree plan. In my case it is the perfect blend, and leaves none of my credits unused (Ok, maybe a few unused).  I was going to go for an IT Management degree (likely through WGU) but when I realized I could get the ASNSM Computer Science and the BSBA for the same relative cost/timeline - I opted for that route.  For my career path (Project Planning - generally all technical implementation) this combination gives me more flexible opportunities than the BS IT Management alone would.  Each person is different, and I do believe that age and years in field have a great impact on the value of any degree, regardless of level.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(01-19-2018, 12:41 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Is this a newer option?  When I earned mine, they needed to be separated by 1 term.  My AA was awarded on 06/2008 and my BA was on 09/2008 though both were done at the same time.

Not especially new I don't think, but you can definitely get them at the same time.

In my case I am wanting an AS in mathematics, and a BS in finance. The AS is a good motivator to follow through on the maths education I want for personal development. It should only cost $450-$850 to get the AS, and the actual degree may be of some benefit down the line. Fact is, if I do complete both I will be prouder of the AS that the BS.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,981 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,662 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,109 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,645 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,734 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,346 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,596 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,326 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,379 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore