Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you still get a transcript after you're done paying for Shmoop, Study.com, etc.?
Hi! Sorry if this is a dumb question, I was just wondering about the best time to start requesting transcripts?
My initial goal was to get one big transcript when I was finished with everything, but would it be better to get them as I get finished with each source of credits? Or is it just as easy to get transcripts when you stop paying the monthly subscriptions?

Thanks in advance!
You're most likely going to want your transcript from the ACE transcript service, not the individual credit sources, in which case the ease of accessing them won't change. You should be able to get transcripts directly from any of the credit sources that offer them, though, even after you've stopped paying -- but you might need to email them if you don't have the same access in your dashboard that you do while paying.

Unless you have another reason for needing them sooner, I'd just be adding them to ACE all along, and request that transcript once when you're ready for it -- it's cheaper that way.

https://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseacti...ripts.main
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • leland.kirk
It depends on what you want to do. If you want to apply to a school and see where you stand, your best bet is to send the transcripts when you apply. If you are just trying to rack up credits, and aren't planning on doing anything with them immediately, then there's no reason to get a transcript.

If you have already applied and enrolled, and are just taking courses, then I would wait a certain amount of time between getting new transcripts/evaluations. It's not free to get them, so why waste money if you don't need to?

But if you like to get updated evals occasionally (maybe once a year?), then send them annually.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • a2jc4life, leland.kirk
Thank you both!
I didn't know you could add them as you go along, that's what I should be doing for sure. I'll just get one transcript when I'm done with everything!
Yes! I go add them as soon as I finish the final, because I'm afraid I'll otherwise forget.

You do have to know the date you finished the course, so if you're going back and "catching up" on adding them, check your calendar or your dashboard first to be sure you have those dates ready.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • leland.kirk
(11-30-2017, 03:50 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: Yes!  I go add them as soon as I finish the final, because I'm afraid I'll otherwise forget.

You do have to know the date you finished the course, so if you're going back and "catching up" on adding them, check your calendar or your dashboard first to be sure you have those dates ready.

Thanks again! I'll start adding them right now!
On my study.com courses, the approvals usually posted to the transcript before they showed up in my study.com dashboard. I would add any course you take as soon as you finish the final or last assignment and move onto the next course. Just be sure to check after a couple of days and make sure they posted. I've had them post as complete within a day or two and as much as two weeks. - just depended on the course provider and timing of things like assignments. I definitely wouldn't wait. There isn't any cost to add them as you go. And if you run into an issue where something doesn't post right away you aren't stuck at the last minute waiting for something to be fixed.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • a2jc4life

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,480 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,678 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 602 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue