Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone February?
Hey Guys! 
I'm taking the Liberal Arts Capstone in February! Anyone else taking the February term?
[-] The following 2 users Like Brichinica's post:
  • Holmes, themailbox61
I am not, but I wanted to pop in here and wish you the very best of luck!  I'll be taking the business capstone in March - the countdown is on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diana321's post:
  • Holmes
(01-28-2021, 05:46 PM)Diana321 Wrote: I am not, but I wanted to pop in here and wish you the very best of luck!  I'll be taking the business capstone in March - the countdown is on!

Whoop whoop! Good luck!
Best of luck to both of you! I am finishing my business capstone in February and am down to five more assignments and then the final...and that's it!!
(01-28-2021, 06:24 PM)Brichinica Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 05:46 PM)Diana321 Wrote: I am not, but I wanted to pop in here and wish you the very best of luck!  I'll be taking the business capstone in March - the countdown is on!

Whoop whoop! Good luck!

Thank you!

(01-28-2021, 11:36 PM)AZDan Wrote: Best of luck to both of you! I am finishing my business capstone in February and am down to five more assignments and then the final...and that's it!!

Thank you!  WOW - you are almost done, it must feel great to be so close to the finish line!
I am and I have no idea what I am going to write about. Who are you taking it with?
I am too. I still feel lost as to what to write about and was a bit stressed that I have an intro due so soon.
(01-28-2021, 05:20 PM)Brichinica Wrote: Hey Guys! 
I'm taking the Liberal Arts Capstone in February! Anyone else taking the February term?

I am as well. I'm taking it and SOS 110 - Information Literacy. My last 2 classes to graduate. Have NO idea what to expect. 

Good luck to you.
Hi themailbox61,
I just completed SOS110 last week and am finishing the business capstone later next week. Although I am not sure about the liberal arts capstone, you can expect a good amount of writing for both classes.

For SOS110, it is not too difficult and as long as you put some time and thought into the writings, discussions, and discussion responses, you should get a good grade. I finished with an A while taking two other courses and a Study.com class at the same time and if can do that, anyone can.

For me on the business capstone, I have noticed the assignments seems to be progressively more complex/difficult as they go on. The expectations on the discussions and responses are higher, as they should be, but there is a lot of writing, chapter readings, case study reading and case study writing. You also need to take a Proficiency test. This is for the university to asses your learnings as a senior level student. Expect to invest a lot of hours throughout this course, but overall, I am enjoying the course and have learned a lot.

FWIW, that's my input.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AZDan's post:
  • themailbox61
(01-30-2021, 02:32 PM)AZDan Wrote: Hi themailbox61,
I just completed SOS110 last week and am finishing the business capstone later next week. Although I am not sure about the liberal arts capstone, you can expect a good amount of writing for both classes.

For SOS110, it is not too difficult and as long as you put some time and thought into the writings, discussions, and discussion responses, you should get a good grade. I finished with an A while taking two other courses and a Study.com class at the same time and if can do that, anyone can.

For me on the business capstone, I have noticed the assignments seems to be progressively more complex/difficult as they go on. The expectations on the discussions and responses are higher, as they should be, but there is a lot of writing, chapter readings, case study reading and case study writing. You also need to take a Proficiency test. This is for the university to asses your learnings as a senior level student. Expect to invest a lot of hours throughout this course, but overall, I am enjoying the course and have learned a lot.

FWIW, that's my input.
So far, I am really enjoying SOS, but I am absolutely lost on the Capstone. My writing assignment is due tomorrow. There is no template, no contact with the professor, the student handbook offers no help. I'm lost. I know what I want my paper to be about, but I dont know what he wants on the first assignment.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 361 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,040 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,144 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Capstone project Done gams007 5 878 05-02-2023, 09:39 PM
Last Post: gams007
  I need help with Kaltura for the capstone oral presentation mcquacks2 3 662 04-02-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  TESU transfering alt credits after doing capstone or during? CanICode 5 874 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone disney_day_dreamer 12 1,974 02-21-2023, 11:22 PM
Last Post: natshar
  Anyone willing to share their capstone experience/sample? Amberlinjeanne 9 1,657 12-13-2022, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne