Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluating JST Transcripts
Hello everyone, i was looking to get help figuring out what classes my Army transcripts would fill, if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated, Im trying to persue an IT degree from WGU or TESU.

http://www.degreeforum.net/attachments/e...ttrans.jpg

Im attending a local CC since Im using the BAH for bills. Is it worth using the Post 911 to be reimbursed for exams?
The MVP might help.
https://mvp.tesu.edu/

Thank you for your service!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
They gave me 38 credits! But only 18 applied to the IT degree :/

In your opinion, would it be smarter to apply them towards the military degree? It accepts almost every credit towards that degree.
Iamtehking Wrote:They gave me 38 credits! But only 18 applied to the IT degree :/

In your opinion, would it be smarter to apply them towards the military degree? It accepts almost every credit towards that degree.
I'd say that depends on what you want the degree to do for you. If you want a career in IT, then I'd think you'd want to get the IT degree, even if that means you have to earn more credit. If the type of degree isn't important and speed/cost is the main consideration, then maybe try maxing out the military credits.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Im mostly looking to get my degree to meet overseas work visa requirements for teaching english. Ive been offered IT jobs based on experience in the field, so I think I'll look into the military technology degree since it's legit!
UMUC is great for credit for military experience. Between that and upper level DSSTs you could probably get your BS in Cyber in 1 year. I did.

No, it is a not a good deal to use Post 9/11 for reimbursement of exams. They will pay for your exam, but they charge you one month of benefits for each exam. One month of benefits with MHA is worth alot more than $100 clep/dsst. Once you finish a masters it may be worthwhile for SANS/GIAC but certainly not these.
Yeah it would probally be better to pay out of pocket and not have it tap into your post 9/11.

Or maybe join the reserves?/nat guard?

https://clep.collegeboard.org/military/veterans

National Testing Program - Education and Training

subhuman Wrote:UMUC is great for credit for military experience. Between that and upper level DSSTs you could probably get your BS in Cyber in 1 year. I did.

No, it is a not a good deal to use Post 9/11 for reimbursement of exams. They will pay for your exam, but they charge you one month of benefits for each exam. One month of benefits with MHA is worth alot more than $100 clep/dsst. Once you finish a masters it may be worthwhile for SANS/GIAC but certainly not these.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  JST and ACE Transcripts 22gunsonfire 3 2,224 11-04-2020, 06:39 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Need Help Evaluating this plan for BS Liberal Arts Excelsior ajv254 5 1,685 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  New Joint Services Transcripts (JST) armyb77 3 1,103 10-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Last Post: dposborne
  Panama Canal Transcripts 29palms 2 1,201 10-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Last Post: 29palms
  Military(AF) CLEP/DSST transcripts rhapsodyinblue 2 1,274 07-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Last Post: rhapsodyinblue
  CLEPS and CCAF Transcripts Joe 5 3,576 09-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Last Post: eckinator88