Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charter Oak and Public Speaking from Study.com
Does anybody know if Chater Oak will accept the Public Speaking course from Study.com as 3 credits? ACE says 3 credits but the transfer guide says 1 still.
Clodyneseidel Wrote:Does anybody know if Chater Oak will accept the Public Speaking course from Study.com as 3 credits? ACE says 3 credits but the transfer guide says 1 still.

It's best to email the team at COSC to find out, or email Study.com - the Thomas Edison State University transfer shows as 3 credits.
I highly think it will also be updated to 3 credits at COSC but to be sure, COSC & Study.com may answer your question soon.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you can verify like ANY public speaking experience they will likely waive the public speaking requirement. There is a firm and you submit proof of the speaking, can be almost anything and a letter from someone in a position to vouch for you will likely suffice.

Good luck
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I know study.com changed their course recently and it now is 3 credits - but it wasn't that way always. I'm guessing the transfer guide just wasn't updated since the course change. But definitely check before you take it. Otherwise you'll be scrambling to get 2 addt'l credits and have to take another course again.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
rlw74 Wrote:I know study.com changed their course recently and it now is 3 credits - but it wasn't that way always. I'm guessing the transfer guide just wasn't updated since the course change. But definitely check before you take it. Otherwise you'll be scrambling to get 2 addt'l credits and have to take another course again.
I emailed COSC . Let's see what they say.
This thread is a year old, but I don't see an answer. I asked the COSC registrar and they responded that Communications 101: Public Speaking on study.com would transfer for 3 credits and fulfill the Oral Communication (o) requirement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes randomatom's post:
  • SuperTal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 263 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Public University? nomaduser 33 2,935 03-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  How to Study Deetzin 3 213 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 699 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,088 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Question about BYU Independent Study Amberlinjeanne 4 1,223 09-05-2023, 06:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Masters in Public Admin Mike Williams 11 1,750 06-17-2023, 12:18 PM
Last Post: teejayb
  No study.com any more, and take crash course on coppersmith? qiaoyiren 10 2,281 04-12-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 615 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill