Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check please??? - COSC BSBA Degree Path
Hello!
I was fluent in making a TESU degree path for my daughter, but as stated in another thread, the rug was yanked out under this week when we learned of their new stricter age requirement.  So... we are transitioning over to COSC, since she will be 16 in the fall.  She will have all but the final 6 credits done by her birthday.  Just in time!  Smile

I would very much appreciate feedback on this plan I've mapped out.  Suggestions for improvement are most welcome.  I tend to think very narrowly.  Do you see any mistakes, or things I have misunderstood?  

Thanks for any wisdom/insights you can provide!   Shy

Attached Files
.pdf   COSC Degree Path ~ BSBA - Gen Business.pdf (Size: 99.64 KB / Downloads: 71)
Org Behavior and HRM DSST exams are not ACE-recommended as UL (although TESU gives them UL credit). Intro to Entrepreneurship through Study.com isn't UL either.

Many UExcel's are UL, and Study.com has a ton of other UL business courses that would work as well (make sure you choose a course that's numbered in the 300's, and even then double check ACE/NCCRS).. There are lots of choices with TECEP's too. And CSU-Global.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-05-2018, 11:32 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Org Behavior and HRM DSST exams are not ACE-recommended as UL (although TESU gives them UL credit).  Intro to Entrepreneurship through Study.com isn't UL either.

Many UExcel's are UL, and Study.com has a ton of other UL business courses that would work as well (make sure you choose a course that's numbered in the 300's, and even then double check ACE/NCCRS)..  There are lots of choices with TECEP's too.  And CSU-Global.

Thanks for the look.  Smile

COSC has a master exam list I used for some of this (https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...m-list.pdf).  Here they list the DSSTs Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management as "U" (upper level).  Should I not count on this master list as accurate?  I found the link to it here: https://www.charteroak.edu/catalog/curre...ograms.php.

As for the study.com course, the Charter Oak page (https://study.com/directory/school/Chart...ransferTab) shows Bus 121 as the equivalent to COSC's MGT 350.  I was wondering about this too.  I looked everywhere to confirm that it would be awarded UL credit.  Too risky to assume that just because the COSC tab says that Bus 121 is the equivalent for the COSC UL course that it won't count toward the 30 UL credits needed for the degree?

I have not been able to find a list from ACE/NCCRS.  Might you have a link? 

Thanks again for your help.  Smile
I'm on the same path and only have my UL courses left to take. How did you like study.com? I have never used them, but I can get 4 UL courses from 100 level courses there.
(02-05-2019, 09:45 PM)jthatcher50 Wrote: I'm on the same path and only have my UL courses left to take.  How did you like study.com?  I have never used them, but I can get 4 UL courses from 100 level courses there.

I think that Straighterline Organizational Behavior also transfers as UL to Charter Oak,so that's another option. For FEMA credits, I think Charter Oak might limit you to just 3 credits instead of 6.

(02-05-2019, 10:16 PM)nosey561 Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 09:45 PM)jthatcher50 Wrote: I'm on the same path and only have my UL courses left to take.  How did you like study.com?  I have never used them, but I can get 4 UL courses from 100 level courses there.

I think that Straighterline Organizational Behavior also transfers as UL to Charter Oak,so that's another option. For FEMA credits, I think Charter Oak might limit you to just 3 credits instead of 6.

Also, Charter Oak requires "Business Statistics" , so I am not sure if they will accept the (regular) statistics DSST.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 5 72 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 2 109 7 hours ago
Last Post: mdn
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 66 8 hours ago
  Is Ryan Swayt's Degree hacking course worth 1k? Fuse 48 4,679 Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
Information applying for OMSCS with indian online degree MJREM 5 188 04-21-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: frankc
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 37 2,540 04-21-2024, 03:12 AM
Information Newbie Needs Advice !! Quick and Easy Degree for International Student smartfion 6 206 04-20-2024, 10:57 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 620 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,072 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 247 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az