Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarification on Accounting Courses, Please
Could someone clarify Accounting requirements for (TESU) BSBA - Marketing for me?  Am I correct that there are 2 accounting courses required for this degree:  Financial Accounting requirement and a Managerial Accounting requirement?

Already signed up with Sophia so will use Sophia Financial Accounting.  I hope I am right that this comes in at TESU as FIN-101.

Also, I can't find the thread again but I *think* I read on here that StraighterLine Accounting II fulfills Managerial Accounting.  Is that right?  Does it really come in as FIN-102?

Is there a review or any advice for someone with only Sophia experience to take a StraighterLine course?  Is this one of the "open-book" StraighterLine courses I have heard about?  Thank you!
(05-01-2021, 07:55 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: Could someone clarify Accounting requirements for (TESU) BSBA - Marketing for me?  Am I correct that there are 2 accounting courses required for this degree:  Financial Accounting requirement and a Managerial Accounting requirement?

Already signed up with Sophia so will use Sophia Financial Accounting.  I hope I am right that this comes in at TESU as FIN-101.

Also, I can't find the thread again but I *think* I read on here that StraighterLine Accounting II fulfills Managerial Accounting.  Is that right?  Does it really come in as FIN-102?

Is there a review or any advice for someone with only Sophia experience to take a StraighterLine course?  Is this one of the "open-book" StraighterLine courses I have heard about?  Thank you!

The Sophia Accounting course comes into TESU as ACC-101: Financial Accounting.

And then you can use multiple providers for the ACC-102: Managerial Accounting requirement:
 - SL - Accounting II
 - Study.com -  ACC 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting
 - Saylor - BUS105: Managerial Accounting
 - UExcel - ACCx212: Managerial Accounting
 - TECEP - Principles of Managerial Accounting
 - Davar - ACCT-302: Accounting for Management
 - Coopersmith - ACC-102: Principles of Accounting II
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • jch
(05-01-2021, 08:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 07:55 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: Could someone clarify Accounting requirements for (TESU) BSBA - Marketing for me?  Am I correct that there are 2 accounting courses required for this degree:  Financial Accounting requirement and a Managerial Accounting requirement?

And then you can use multiple providers for the ACC-102: Managerial Accounting requirement:
 - SL - Accounting II

Thank you very much!  Is there one Accounting II course that gets better reviews than others?  Is there one provider that is more like Sophia than the others?
(05-01-2021, 09:24 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote:

- SL - Accounting II

Thank you very much!  Is there one Accounting II course that gets better reviews than others?  Is there one provider that is more like Sophia than the others?

I'd say Study.com is closest.  It's video-based (although you can read the transcript instead), and grade is based on ⅓ quizzes, ⅔ final exam.

SL is a textbook-based course, and is graded 50% on 4 exams, 20% on a midterm, and 30% on a final exam (this course; some courses have different breakdowns).

Saylor, UExcel, TECEP, Davar & Coopersmith are all graded 100% on a single exam.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-01-2021, 10:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 09:24 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote:

- SL - Accounting II

I'd say Study.com is closest.  It's video-based (although you can read the transcript instead), and grade is based on ⅓ quizzes, ⅔ final exam.

SL is a textbook-based course, and is graded 50% on 4 exams, 20% on a midterm, and 30% on a final exam (this course; some courses have different breakdowns).

Saylor, UExcel, TECEP, Davar & Coopersmith are all graded 100% on a single exam.

Thanks, I'll look at these options.  I don't really watch the available videos for Sophia, I'm a visual/reader/learner I guess.  I'm not a happy tester, extreme test anxiety issues, so probably SDC or SL would be better choices.  Wish there was an option like Sophia all the way through, that would be wonderful.  Appreciate the input and your time and kindness.
SL is a live proctor (via ProctorU) while SDC is a recorded proctor (via RPNow). Personally, I prefer the recorded proctor because live proctoring feels like a huge hassle. SDC gives me much less test anxiety.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Does TESU accept InstantCert's Managerial Accounting course for the Managerial Accounting requirement?
(05-02-2021, 02:06 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Does TESU accept InstantCert's Managerial Accounting course for the Managerial Accounting requirement?

I've read on here that they don't - it's UL via ACE, and they bring it in as ACC-312.  But that may have changed, or I could have it wrong.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ss20ts

SL Accounting II is open book for everything.  Final exam is only worth 20% of your grade so you know if you passed or not before you take the final.  1st exam you can retake as many times as you like. 

Study.com you need a 55% grade on the final considering you average 100% on the quizzes.

I took SL accounting, not bad.  Imagine the study.com one take around the same time.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-02-2021, 05:25 PM)LevelUP Wrote:

SL Accounting II is open book for everything.  Final exam is only worth 20% of your grade so you know if you passed or not before you take the final.  1st exam you can retake as many times as you like. 

Study.com you need a 55% grade on the final considering you average 100% on the quizzes.

I took SL accounting, not bad.  Imagine the study.com one take around the same time.
I really appreciate the perspectives and input!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BA Accounting Planning - Help to get an H1B flamewerks 5 776 01-08-2024, 01:21 AM
Last Post: flamewerks
  UMPI or WGU? BA Business Administration or Accounting? IDK123LOL 7 985 11-21-2023, 04:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Searching for elective core finance online courses-BSBA in Finance @ TESU Ofeezee 39 3,317 11-21-2023, 06:03 AM
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 567 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
  Mature student seeks help with college credit/bypassing courses. Psychology oriented. Cyath 27 2,344 11-12-2023, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Accounting Student looking getting done fast tazmommy 5 467 09-24-2023, 01:59 PM
  Degree plan, preferably business or accounting? gabbyv23@yahoo.com 15 1,399 09-21-2023, 03:51 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Excelsior University UL courses hoffdeb 7 751 08-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Please help me plan my Gen Ed courses for a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics at SNHU ausernameisneeded 13 1,811 08-01-2023, 01:20 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Advice on remaining courses (BACS AND BSBA CIS) whitenight 9 560 07-20-2023, 01:48 AM
Last Post: LevelUP