Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classmates with annoying habits/ticks
Short rant-

so, I am in a class for IT training in the evenings and on the weekend. It is in a small classroom and it would be hard to move seats unless I want to be all the way in the back row, but the person who sits in front of me has this constant sniffle. Like someone who has bad allergies and is trying to clear his noise. like when you breath into your noise to try and force whatever is in through the mouth. It is loud. banghead

It goes on every class. For four hours straight. It does not stop. It has been going on, since the start of the class over a month ago.

Today during the break I asked him if he needed allergy meds and he said "ughh ughh its ughh", and softly told me "don't about it." and walked away.

Now I do not know if he has a medical condition or what. Surely he knows how annoying it is. This is one of the reasons I love distance learning classes.

To be honest. I will just move to the back row. But, I would probably still hear him. It is distracting. Also note: I have heard others express how annoying it is. So I know it is not me.

rant over. Yes I know, first world problems. I just felt like posting this. I have now moved to the back. hilarious

Anyone have any funny stories or similar experiences of being next to people in classes that irritate you?
TESU BSBA (Dual Degree)
Computer Information Systems
General Management

Completed June 2017

For those wondering:
CIS AOS-
TEEX- Bus for IT + IT Professional = 4 UL
Study.com- Digital Marketing = 3 UL
University- Hardware Support Esentials = 4 LL C
Ed4credit- MIS = 3 UL C
SL- C++ Programming 4 UL
CSU Global - System Analysis & Design = 3 C

Gen Man AOS-
Study.com- HRM, Digital Marketing,
SL - Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Organzitional Behavior.
DAU- Contact Administration, Defense Procurement Management

We have been having a big problem with ticks this year. It's been really dry. When we get done hiking, we always do full-body tick checks just to make sure nothing is hanging out on us.
yb1 Wrote:Anyone have any funny stories or similar experiences of being next to people in classes that irritate you?

I once had a guy sitting right next in a seminar to me who would, at least twice a minute, take a swig out of a gallon jug of water. All I heard, that whole hour and a half block, was sloshing water and the gasp of relief from quenching thirst. I wager he had some form of OCD mixed with diabetes.

Not to mention the Algebra student who spent every class doing card springs. When I asked him if he could calm it down or make it a little less obnoxious, he spat something to the degree of, "I have a disability, this helps me, so you can't ask me to stop."
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
What gets me is the crinkling of a bag of chips over and over and over again. I praise the Lord when it's finally empty
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
My sister's in premed and she has a never-ending plethora of stories like these lol. Enough to make me count my blessings that I'm pursuing distance learning!
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
keepsingin Wrote:My sister's in premed and she has a never-ending plethora of stories like these lol. Enough to make me count my blessings that I'm pursuing distance learning!

I love distance education as well... especially since I don't have to drive an hour and a half to the nearest college (or university) for testing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
jmeitrem Wrote:What gets me is the crinkling of a bag of chips over and over and over again. I praise the Lord when it's finally empty

People eating during a lecture? That is really rude.

Wow, I am so glad I'm not in a classroom for most of my studies. I may go back to a classroom for some specific courses, and I am worried about this stuff!

Thorne Wrote:Not to mention the Algebra student who spent every class doing card springs. When I asked him if he could calm it down or make it a little less obnoxious, he spat something to the degree of, "I have a disability, this helps me, so you can't ask me to stop."

Card springs?

eriehiker Wrote:We have been having a big problem with ticks this year. It's been really dry. When we get done hiking, we always do full-body tick checks just to make sure nothing is hanging out on us.

LOL.

Seems like Distance learning is the way to go!
BA Liberal Arts in 2014 from Excelsior College. (Took 25 tests)
Certificate in Writing in 2018 from University of Washington.
Current: MA in Humanities from American Public University.
Have 180 hour TEFL/TESOL Advanced Cert from TEFL HERO.
Member of World Genius Directory. IQ 148 SD 15/IQ 151 SD 16.
Ideas Wrote:Card springs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-GvSSBLVhg

Like that. I learned how to spring a while back, but if you don't know what you're doing, it's LOUD. Like, 60-70% louder than that video shows.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  same annoying friends keep reappearing on Facebook skybirds 4 1,348 05-04-2011, 08:36 AM
Last Post: CLEP101
  Annoying people at movies Shadowless 12 2,577 03-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Last Post: Shadowless