Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College grad paralyzed after chiropractor visit
Goodness, what on earth did the chiropractor do to her neck?!  I visit the chiropractor for the last couple of years and the neck is the main part they work on, even with the short treatments of a few minutes, the main thing they do is "crack" the neck for me.

How the heck did the chiropractor manage to dissect 4 arteries during that one visit is beyond belief.  I wonder how they got their license! Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical...ar-AAZxtjq
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
There is a newfangled chiropractor thing where they do a horizontal yank and drag. I don't know if it's what they were doing here, but you can see videos of the practice on YT. It's honestly not unlike how they hang people to kill them, except the chiropractor does it horizontally instead of vertically.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • bluebooger
The incidence of cervical vertebral arterial dissection in chiropractic care is exceedingly rare, and much of the literature points to the fact that folks with CVADs preexisting often seek chiropractic care for that pain, which can be exacerbated by manipulation, or mistakenly attributed to it. Generally speaking, manual therapy is very safe and effective, for a range of musculoskeletal conditions. Evidence-based chiropractors actually catch CVAD frequently and refer out to ERs for emergent imaging and treatment, but unfortunately, there is alot of bias in the allopathic medical community that "wants to believe" that chiropractic is the cause of all ills, and this goes back nearly a hundred years, but hit something of a head with Wilk v AMA.

rachel83az is referring to a "y strap" adjustment, which has been in the chiropractic/bonesetting repertoire since time immemorial, most typically practiced as an "occipital lift." Relatively safe as well, but I prefer the occipital lift myself, where more direct feedback is given with the non-instrument mediated touch and adjustment.
(07-13-2022, 11:55 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: ... I wonder how they got their license! ...

like all chiropractors  
at the bottom of a box of cracker jacks
[-] The following 2 users Like bluebooger's post:
  • jsd, louise
Shouldn't this thread be in off-topic?
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 1 user Likes carrythenothing's post:
  • ss20ts
(07-13-2022, 07:35 PM)carrythenothing Wrote: Shouldn't this thread be in off-topic?

Yes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,568 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  What is the difference between College and University (USA) Personherebb9 8 1,309 12-29-2022, 05:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  College of Golf Alpha 5 689 09-11-2022, 07:30 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Richest US College Alpha 6 912 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  What does college look like in 10...20 years? cardiacclep 10 1,485 08-25-2022, 04:48 AM
Last Post: MitchellHolst
  College of Winterhold Alpha 1 526 07-28-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Bullying in College , What do I do next? 2L8 15 11,789 06-03-2022, 06:27 AM
Last Post: stephaniesmith44
  Has anyone taken a math course at community college? picgirl27 2 710 04-03-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: picgirl27
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,096 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  College Tour Alpha 0 572 12-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Alpha