Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community college transfer
Hey all! I read up a lot on the big 3 about a year ago but ultimately decided to do an accelerated course at the local community college. I will graduate after this summer semester with around 80 units and an AA in business. I emailed all of the big 3 about getting a preliminary evaluation on my units about an week ago and the only one to respond was TESU who told me they don't do preliminary evaluations and that I needed to apply for an evaluation. My question is should I just apply for all 3 and pay the fees? Is there a better way? I obviously want  to transfer in as many units as possible and would like to make an ed plan ASAP. Thanks in advance y'all are doing great things saving us from student loans!
If you list your courses here, I can give you a TESU plan.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-14-2018, 04:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you list your courses here, I can give you a TESU plan.

you guys rock!

BASIC ACCOUNTING I

INTRODUCTION TO FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING

INTRODUCTION TO MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING

CAREER PLANNING FOR ADMINISTRATION

ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE

INTRODUCTION TO ART

INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN BIOLOGY

INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS

INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS

BUSINESS LAW I

BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS

CHEMISTRY FOR THE LIBERAL ARTS

CHEMISTRY LAB FOR THE LIBERAL ARTS

COMPUTER LITERACY WORKSHOP

INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION

PUBLIC SPEAKING

PRINCIPLES OF ECONOMICS (MICRO)

READING AND WRITING II

COLLEGE COMPOSITION

CRITICAL REASONING, READING, AND WR

WORLD CIVILIZATION TO 1500 C.E.

NUTRITION AND FITNESS

EXPLORING THE HUMANITIES

BASIC ALGEBRA

INTERMEDIATE ALGEBRA

HISTORY OF JAZZ AND ROCK

WORLD MUSIC

COLLEGE SUCCESS
I feel like tesu has the most flexibility
Here's the spreadsheet.  A couple of things to keep in mind:

1) there's a max of 80cr you can bring over from a CC, and you're at 70cr.

2) if you opt not to go to TESU, EC and COSC both require 30cr of UL throughout the degree, so you're going to be scrambling for those a bit because you already have so many LL credits (and they will probably both give you more credits than TESU (there are some courses that can't be used at TESU, because there's nowhere for them to go (they are either Free Electives, which you filled, or Gen Ed's, which only have specific courses remaining).

Also keep in mind that you could 4 of the remaining 5 Gen Ed's plus 3 out of the 4 remaining core courses for free through CLEP/ModernStates.  You could do 5 of the remaining core/AOS courses through Study.com with their Guardian Scholarship for free.  So you could almost get the rest of your credits for zero dollars.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Ericmcdonald TESU BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 42.96 KB / Downloads: 14)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 3 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Ericmcdonald, Johmford, Muldoon
It takes TESU a solid month to do an evaluation once they get your transcripts. If the application and transcript fees are not a concern, it is certainly possible to simply apply to all three and get evaluated. You will have to send another transcript after you finish, though, to pick up the courses that aren't done, yet. For TESU, dfrecore has it down cold and you can rely on her spreadsheet. You might want to apply there, however, to get the ball rolling on the eval, and to lock in the current catalog. Good plan to start now so that you're ready to hit the ground running once your semester ends.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • Muldoon
Y'all are great! I was originally going to transfer to a local private university, the only one in town. It was going to cost me around 25k for my last 36 credits. I hope you all know how much I appreciate everything and how not having these student loans will will impact my life in such a positive way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ericmcdonald's post:
  • Ideas
(03-15-2018, 09:28 PM)Ericmcdonald Wrote: Y'all are great! I was originally going to transfer to a local private university, the only one in town. It was going to cost me around 25k for my last 36 credits. I hope you all know how much I appreciate everything and how not having these student loans will will impact my life in such a positive way!

We take payments if you're so inclined... Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • Ericmcdonald, jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,875 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,850 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,925 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  NUR prefix transfer at TESU Cheeseburrito 10 2,239 07-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,983 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,220 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
  Excelsior College ranked #1 Life Long Learning 11 3,394 06-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Last Post: miah
  A question about shmoop and Excelsior College literalkev 8 3,073 06-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: literalkev
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,606 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Does Excelsior College/Charter Oak accept TECEP vetvso 1 1,655 05-30-2018, 08:07 PM