Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NUR prefix transfer at TESU
Does anyone know of any ace or nccrs that transfer into TESUs accelerated second degree BSN program?

Thanks!
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
For which part? Obviously, Gen Ed requirements and Free Electives (72cr total) will be able to be transferred in by ACE/NCCRS. The Lower Division Professional Nursing requirements (20cr) is fulfilled by an RN. So that leaves the 28cr of UL nursing requirements. I'm going to guess that you can't transfer any of that in, so you're left with $15k. That's not a terrible price for that degree. Our local 4-yr state school has an RN-to-BSN program for $13k, that's the cheapest I've found.

I'm not sure how much WGU's program would cost, but you should also check there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-09-2018, 06:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For which part? Obviously, Gen Ed requirements and Free Electives (72cr total) will be able to be transferred in by ACE/NCCRS. The Lower Division Professional Nursing requirements (20cr) is fulfilled by an RN. So that leaves the 28cr of UL nursing requirements. I'm going to guess that you can't transfer any of that in, so you're left with $15k. That's not a terrible price for that degree. Our local 4-yr state school has an RN-to-BSN program for $13k, that's the cheapest I've found.

I'm not sure how much WGU's program would cost, but you should also check there.

I didn't bookmark it- but didn't someone just share an RN to BSN for $150 per credit?
(07-10-2018, 11:16 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 06:48 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For which part?  Obviously, Gen Ed requirements and Free Electives (72cr total) will be able to be transferred in by ACE/NCCRS.  The Lower Division Professional Nursing requirements (20cr) is fulfilled by an RN.  So that leaves the 28cr of UL nursing requirements.  I'm going to guess that you can't transfer any of that in, so you're left with $15k.  That's not a terrible price for that degree.  Our local 4-yr state school has an RN-to-BSN program for $13k, that's the cheapest I've found.

I didn't bookmark it- but didn't someone just share an RN to BSN for $150 per credit?

California Southern University.  Not sure how many credits you need, or if you should get a BA before you start the program, but yes, their RN-to-BSN tuition is $150/cr.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
That's it!
So, I wanted to look them up because back when I remember learning about them, they were only nationally accredited - not regionally accredited- and it looks like they obtained REGIONAL ACCREDITATION June 2015, which is great!! Looks like they also either lost or gave back their national accreditation which I think was a smart move. Now they are squeaky clean.
https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/InstAcc...313420504d

Also, they have only had nursing accreditation since 09/2017 so this low price might be to encourage enrollment in an unproven program. If they end up with a high NCLEX pass rate, I'd expect to see a huge bump in tuition in the next 2 years.
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough.

I'm looking for an accelerated second degree BSN. I am not an RN, so I can't do those online bridges.

I was hoping to do a nursing course or two with my science and math prereqs and have that transfer in, but the only one that seems to have any potential is study.com Nursing 301 Informatics
1. Prep Phase: Hopeless, 15 credits, need a BA fast, never heard of TESU
2. TESU BALS: 121/120 (9 months)

3. RN Paramedic Bridge - Excelsior (9 months + CPNE wait)
4. WGU RN -> BSN
5. BSN -> MSN/FNP
Cheese, I have bad news for you. The only thing you can transfer into the program are the general education pre-requisites. Nothing nursing related can be transferred in at all. See link: https://www.tesu.edu/nursing/programs/2n...quirements

"All nursing courses will be completed through the W. Cary Edwards School of Nursing. These courses will be taken as a full-time student and cannot be taken out of sequence. Because of the rigorous nature of the program, outside employment is strongly discouraged."
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So you want a BSN without having the RN first?
(07-10-2018, 03:36 PM)Cheeseburrito Wrote: Sorry, I wasn't specific enough.

I'm looking for an accelerated second degree BSN. I am not an RN, so I can't do those online bridges.

I was hoping to do a nursing course or two with my science and math prereqs and have that transfer in, but the only one that seems to have any potential is study.com Nursing 301 Informatics

If I'm reading this correctly now is - you're asking if you have a course in the subject of Nursing (or a course from a RN program) and this comes in as NUR-### at TESU can it be applied to gen ed (ie: as a science) or free elective? And then later transfer those credits to a RN program elsewhere as prereqs required in that program?

EDIT: I actually just looked at the course you referenced on my active Study.com and it says I have 26% completed, ha.  In this case I'm guessing this particular course you'd be hoping for it to count as a gen ed science in the sense of a computer science.  I'm sure you're not asking in limit to this one course though.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Did you read what that program is? It's $37k, plus you need to be in Trenton full time during clinicals, and working is strongly discouraged during that time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Zippadeedoodah

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,922 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,578 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,290 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,280 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore