Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Competency-Based EdD at South College
ashkir Wrote:Yeah. :| I emailed them back and was like is it mandatory, was told yes. I responded "this is way too short of a notice to book a flight to go 2,200 miles" after that they told me they can do an online orientation for me....

WHEW! The program advisor (different person then enrollment orientation person) was like wait what and said she'll push for online orientation for me too.

That's great news! That's what should happen as it's an orientation, especially at this time when it's so much cheaper, easier, faster to get these done online than going in person. I would understand if it was a project presentation or a dissertation where you have to defend the dissertation, but for orientations, they need to be easier for the student to access remotely. BTW, I haven't looked at the program in detail, are there any residencies for this?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Any update on the online orientation? I want to recommend this to a friend of mine. Some on-campus requirements will probably be fine, but not if they're "surprise" last minute requirements as in your case
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I didn't do any confirmation of this, so grain of salt, but:

Someone in a WGU alumni Facebook group I'm in mentioned that, for this program, South College offers a $1000 discount PER TERM to WGU alumni, bringing costs down to $5000/6 month term!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(02-01-2022, 09:37 PM)jsd Wrote: Any update on the online orientation? I want to recommend this to a friend of mine. Some on-campus requirements will probably be fine, but not if they're "surprise" last minute requirements as in your case

I dropped out.
Is it because the program isn't for you or because it seems to be a bad program in general?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jsd
(02-03-2022, 03:58 PM)jsd Wrote: I didn't do any confirmation of this, so grain of salt, but:

Someone in a WGU alumni  Facebook group I'm in mentioned that, for this program, South College offers a $1000 discount PER TERM to WGU alumni, bringing costs down to $5000/6 month term!

It was a roller-coaster reading that second sentence, I keep hoping WGU is going to get into the doctoral game.
Excelsior - Bachelors Of Science in General Business - Complete 2016
CMA - Complete 2019
MBA In Finance - Louisiana State University Shreveport - Complete 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes islandcoli's post:
  • jsd
I am jumping in to see if anyone has an update on the South College program. The thread had an interesting read and then just abruptly died. It seems there was a lot of promise, and it would be great to hear of someone progressing.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
(09-28-2022, 01:51 PM)KSoul Wrote: I am jumping in to see if anyone has an update on the South College program. The thread had an interesting read and then just abruptly died. It seems there was a lot of promise, and it would be great to hear of someone progressing.

There's a Facebook group for their CBE programs. A lot more chatter on there than here about the program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • KSoul
(09-28-2022, 02:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:51 PM)KSoul Wrote: I am jumping in to see if anyone has an update on the South College program. The thread had an interesting read and then just abruptly died. It seems there was a lot of promise, and it would be great to hear of someone progressing.

There's a Facebook group for their CBE programs. A lot more chatter on there than here about the program.

Thank you
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 2024
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
I'll pop in and say I'm starting this program in a month (already finished orientation), so I'll be happy to share any updates.

"CBE Life by Justin" has posted a series of youtube videos throughout the Ed.D program, but his last update was that he's taking a break before the dissertation
[-] The following 1 user Likes maguirewj's post:
  • Darknigh7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comptency based Doctor of Science program Randomkud1234 5 247 04-20-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 freeloader 77 8,733 04-12-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: lidel
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 112 17,004 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 866 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 4,732 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 304 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 2,818 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
  South College - EdD Program jb0433 19 4,268 03-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: cc95
  South College DBA Invitian Code? maxxor6868 0 573 02-06-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South College - DBA him22 2 1,154 02-03-2023, 12:56 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868