Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Completed quizzes study.com
(08-12-2020, 04:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The 5-question quizzes can be taken as many times as you like. However, only the best score out of the first 3 tries counts. For instance:

1st try - 2/5 correct
2nd try - 4/5 correct
3rd try - 3/5 correct
4th try - 5/5 correct

Your score would be 4/5 or 80% for that particular quiz because that's the highest score you got within the first 3 attempts.
Ok thanks. On the app it seems like once you hit 100% even if on 4th try, it shows 5/5 afterward. 

That is why I kept being confused.

I will try it again on a course I don't need as I am not sure they reset courses.

On app the limit and grade is only shown for the overall practice.

Thanks for the heads up I guess I was lucky the entire course I completed I scored 5/5 on all quizzes, and wasn't aware of the 3 tries limit Big Grin

Study.com should be more transparent at showing the weighted score immediately rather than after the proctored exam. I don't see the point to make people believe they scored all 100% without a real time measure of how one is doing.
(08-12-2020, 05:10 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 04:12 AM)rachel83az Wrote: The 5-question quizzes can be taken as many times as you like. However, only the best score out of the first 3 tries counts. For instance:

1st try - 2/5 correct
2nd try - 4/5 correct
3rd try - 3/5 correct
4th try - 5/5 correct

Your score would be 4/5 or 80% for that particular quiz because that's the highest score you got within the first 3 attempts.
Ok thanks. On the app it seems like once you hit 100% even if on 4th try, it shows 5/5 afterward. 

I will try it again on a course I don't need as I am not sure they reset courses.

Thanks for the heads up I guess I was lucky the entire course I completed I scored 5/5 on all quizzes, and wasn't aware of the 3 tries limit Big Grin

Study.com should be more transparent at showing the weighted score immediately rather than after the proctored exam. I don't see the point to make people believe they scored all 100% without a real time measure of how one is doing.
Hmm interesting that neither the app nor the pc page of sdc gives the list of the first three scores for each quiz. So there is no way to verify how one scored. So the best route is reset entire course and take notes. Huh
(08-12-2020, 10:36 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

1st try - 2/5 correct
2nd try - 4/5 correct
3rd try - 3/5 correct
4th try - 5/5 correct

Hmm interesting that neither the app nor the pc page of sdc gives the list of the first three scores for each quiz. So there is no way to verify how one scored. So the best route is reset entire course and take notes. Huh
Their math is interesting too. It seems they always round down. I missed one question on a 109 lesson course. My quiz grade was 99.

I think the PC version gives the highest score for the first three tries. I can't be sure because I've never taken a quiz more than 3 times. It also tells you if you can try it again for more points or if the score is locked.

Most of the time there will be an explanation for the correct answer. When there isn't and I can't find the answer in the lesson, I report an error. I think in a few cases there was legitimately no correct answer.

Even with these few problems it is hard to beat Study.com for providing a reasonably easy and fast path to credit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tallpilot's post:
  • CableGuy98
(08-13-2020, 08:32 AM)tallpilot Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 10:36 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:

1st try - 2/5 correct
2nd try - 4/5 correct
3rd try - 3/5 correct
4th try - 5/5 correct

Their math is interesting too. It seems they always round down. I missed one question on a 109 lesson course. My quiz grade was 99.

I think the PC version gives the highest score for the first three tries. I can't be sure because I've never taken a quiz more than 3 times. It also tells you if you can try it again for more points or if the score is locked.

Most of the time there will be an explanation for the correct answer. When there isn't and I can't find the answer in the lesson, I report an error. I think in a few cases there was legitimately no correct answer.

Even with these few problems it is hard to beat Study.com for providing a reasonably easy and fast path to credit.
The fact that they don't show the real time score is making the sdc experience very frustrating for me. 

Especially without a textbook to study from.

I'll try it for one month and then decide to maybe take same courses with TESU. 

I honestly expected to like the platform but was expecting more transparency for the amount of money they charge.
After reading this I will surely go with TESU, BYU Independent Studies and maybe Coopersmith to finish my degree.
And place a stop on my card for study.com as they do not cancel membership, nor refund within the 30 day period.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/mountain-view/...er-reviews

It is sad, as others have said the content on Study.com is good enough that they should not resort to this sort of practices.

I had a gut feeling not to enroll on sdc and maybe I should have followed it.

It had all the courses I needed plus I was hoping to plan a second AOS.

But now that I read the reviews on BBB, I have decided not to pursue studying through them.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
(08-18-2020, 12:00 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: After reading this I will surely go with TESU, BYU Independent Studies and maybe Coopersmith to finish my degree.
And place a stop on my card for study.com as they do not cancel membership, nor refund within the 30 day period.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/mountain-view/...er-reviews

It is sad, as others have said the content on Study.com is good enough that they should not resort to this sort of practices.

I had a gut feeling not to enroll on sdc and maybe I should have followed it.

It had all the courses I needed plus I was hoping to plan a second AOS.

But now that I read the reviews on BBB, I have decided not to pursue studying through them.

Unlike the complaints on the BBB site, I knew it was not free trial. I could see from the samples what the course was like.
Yes, I wanted the service. They charged my card for those services. Got my services without issues. I can see my quiz scores on desktop and laptop. It may not be the most obvious quick way to see them, but I can. I passed my exams. TESU got the transcript fast and credit applied. I paused my membership when I knew I couldn't work on it the next month. Restarted for next course without issue. Plan to take that exam this week and get subscription finished after that.

no problems here. I guess I see "real time scores" on my side for my stuff. But I have the college credit version and work from laptop and or desktop. Login. brings me to my dashboard. click on the course. scrolled down that screen and open each chapter. see what I got. During the course, after each try it shows me the score for that try. Then I can't see the scores after I try again. I know how many times I tried the quiz and what those scores were. Now, if you mean it doesn't show 99/100 for the final quiz.. That doesn't happen until you finish the all quizzes. But I'm talking about each individual quiz. And I can see that 5/5 with that one 4/5 will mean something.

My only thing was that it the proctored exam grade took 9 days to come back. Someone has to watch the proctored video and those can get backlogged. But everything was done in the timeframe before billing cycle so even that was not an issue for billing.

My experience has been easy to use SDC. Hope you find what you're looking for and are comfortable with to meet your degree needs.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

I didn't enroll expecting a free trial, I knew from the start that was bogus simply because it said card was required and would be charged.

The material is good and seems approved by the Big3 to the point that until this year there was a bigger cooperation between TESU and study.com

The worrisome aspect is the fact they keep taking money after one asks them to cancel.

That is easily solvable if you know how to stop the withdrawals from the bank side.

I guess I could go in knowing what it really is and get the low cost credits from them or continue with TESU and satisfy their residency by taking the last few courses with them. TESU may be frustrating like others say but at least you are dealing with a college with an excellent, straightforward customer service and academic advising, and so far I have had zero problem with them.

(08-18-2020, 07:17 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: The worrisome aspect is the fact they keep taking money after one asks them to cancel.

I'm going to wait and see if that really happens with my account when this course is done and transcript is sent. Hopefully I can find this thread and report back.
However, I was not charged while my account was "paused" for 2 months between my courses. I needed a break this summer for personal matters in our family, and paused the account without being charged. That process was very easy. Took me less time to do that than to type this reply.

Hope you find what works for your level of budget. good luck on finishing your degree!
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Thanks, yes I feel like I am a little in a fork in the road with the small window finaid gives and expiration dates from some courses from Sdc (Library Sciences expires in September and TESU let me know they are not sure if it will renew)
And literally just a handful of courses away from Bachelor degree completion.

Plus the choice of what course I'd like to take vs. the UL requirements and what is available and where/cost.

Add to it the decision of risk free waiver fee vs. satisfying residency by taking courses (the cost is just about the same)

And the stress of the Capstone and my personal goal to complete before 2020 ends.

Study.com is indeed much easier compared to others especially on pc with side by side windows and find on page lile another poster suggested earlier. But now it brings to another question that is not answered on their Q&A:

If you complete all the courses before the month expires and switch to the accelerator to earn credits, how much time you have to submit? Does it give you a brand new full month to work on it or it ends at the remaining days of the prior subscription?

Thanks you all for your patience.
Super stressed juggling 5 courses and working on initial phase of Capstone.

Just completed another exam yesterday and passed. (Acrobatiq Survey of World History on SL)

Nothing against study.com, just rushed through the first course and now not happy about it. I do have an alternative course but it comes with a mandatory reading list and essay.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,276 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,582 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM