Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comptia Certs for Credits with TESU?
I have the Network +, security + and about to finish the CASP. Has anyone gotten credit from TESU with these? I'm wondering how you transfered and if they would conflict with the TECP Network and computer concepts? BSBA CIS

Thanks
They appear to have ended accepting Comptia Certs. If you are looking to go this route Microsoft has some certs evaluated by ACE. I used the MTA certs in Networking Fundamentals & Security Fundamentals to pick up 4 pretty easy credits.
i3ond Wrote:I have the Network +, security + and about to finish the CASP. Has anyone gotten credit from TESU with these? I'm wondering how you transfered and if they would conflict with the TECP Network and computer concepts? BSBA CIS

Thanks

I was looking into taking up some Certs and applying it to a degree as well, have you found a program you really want to get into?
What have you planned for after that? More certs or going for a Masters, or are you just using this Bachelors for a higher paying job?
There's other schools that will accept those, such as COSC, Excelsior and WGU. What you can do is enter in all your learned info into a spreadsheet.

And enter the schools requirements for all 3-4 schools as a sample plan and see which one comes closer for you. This is to gauge what you need.
Apply to which one you prefer most and see who gives you the most credits. But you should focus on free elective/general education first.
As that will apply to all the schools you apply to, then the AOS is what separates them apart as the requirements are different for each one.

Just wondering why you didn't take A+? Since you have Net+/Security+, if you have A+, that will give you elective credit for one of the MS Certs.
Furthermore, since you're into Security, you may want to look into BS Cybersecurity at either COSC and Excelsior, or WGU.
As additional upper level college credit, you can go for the CEH as well and be a Certified Ethical Hacker, and get 3-4 credits UL.

PS Options: If you are adamant in enrolling at TESU, your option is to take the TECEP for Network Technology at $114
There's the PLA option of getting 12 credits for $379, this can be in IT or anything else you need credits in by portfolio.
Again, create that spreadsheet and attach it to this thread for members to critique.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I have 70 credits towards the BSBA CIS at TESU. I haven't looked into the other schools much, just hoping to use the certs towards credits for the CIS part of the degree.

The A+ is mostly recommend for help deskjobs. When I started studying for the security+, i only did it because i was interested in cyber security after watching a couple of documentaries.
bjcheung77 Wrote:I was looking into taking up some Certs and applying it to a degree as well, have you found a program you really want to get into?
What have you planned for after that? More certs or going for a Masters, or are you just using this Bachelors for a higher paying job?
There's other schools that will accept those, such as COSC, Excelsior and WGU. What you can do is enter in all your learned info into a spreadsheet.

And enter the schools requirements for all 3-4 schools as a sample plan and see which one comes closer for you. This is to gauge what you need.
Apply to which one you prefer most and see who gives you the most credits. But you should focus on free elective/general education first.
As that will apply to all the schools you apply to, then the AOS is what separates them apart as the requirements are different for each one.

Just wondering why you didn't take A+? Since you have Net+/Security+, if you have A+, that will give you elective credit for one of the MS Certs.
Furthermore, since you're into Security, you may want to look into BS Cybersecurity at either COSC and Excelsior, or WGU.
As additional upper level college credit, you can go for the CEH as well and be a Certified Ethical Hacker, and get 3-4 credits UL.

PS Options: If you are adamant in enrolling at TESU, your option is to take the TECEP for Network Technology at $114
There's the PLA option of getting 12 credits for $379, this can be in IT or anything else you need credits in by portfolio.
Again, create that spreadsheet and attach it to this thread for members to critique.
i3ond Wrote:I have 70 credits towards the BSBA CIS at TESU. I haven't looked into the other schools much, just hoping to use the certs towards credits for the CIS part of the degree.

TESU is not known for their generosity in this area. Since they're much more flexible in their requirement of UL credits, it probably is overlooked by some. I think COSC is much better about accepting IT certs, EC is as well. I would apply to both to see what they might give you. It can't hurt to compare the 3 schools, and see what the cheapest and fastest way to finish up your degree might be.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,022 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,688 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,178 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,694 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,755 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,375 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,624 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,349 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,407 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,886 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore