Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerned about these classes transferring
Sometimes the newer or less frequently used courses can confuse the academic advisors. Saylor courses are also part of the TESU ASBA open option program.

Open Course Option
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Kgaul Wrote:No, I haven't transferred them in or even completed them all. I was just thinking that getting confirmation beforehand would be good. Guess not.
I have 3 out of 4 of the classes in question completed. Perhaps I should transfer over what I have so far so that I can get straightened out now??

It can sometimes be difficult getting information from TESU about ACE or NCCRS recommended courses. I have never had any luck with asking academic advising questions. I've mostly used information on here and hoped for the best.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Also, sending in a long detailed message to them with all of that on there is totally confusing for them. If I were you, I would not worry about this at all right now. It's not an official eval, and the person who looked at it doesn't know what they're doing, or what they're looking at.

I would just go ahead and send in transcripts when you are ready to do so.

Then, after they do the eval, you can fight the battle if they don't give you the credit you think they should. But I have a feeling there won't be a problem.

Also, if you want to get pre-approval for a course, you can do that separately. That's a totally different process.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
What are we missing here? If you are not a student, they are not going to pre-approve courses. End of story. Send them money and transcripts and register and you get their attention. ACE reviewed courses should be on an ACE transcript.
Sorry, I was reading it wrong. Ignore this post!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
UPDATE: So the Study.com/SL class mix up was resolved and it was just as simple as they put a class in the wrong spot. So far she is sticking to her guns on the Saylor course. I politely directed her to where the courses were listed for credit on their own website (you catch more flies with honey). We had been corresponding via email back and forth in close to real time and once I sent the links it stopped. I'm guessing she decided to look into it.
I am not really concerned and just decided to have my ACE transcript sent over now (halfway through) and I will do so again. So far it has not been read, once it is I will see where the classes end up

OLD GUY: I guess what you're missing is that I am a student there, I am registered, they do have my transcripts, and they regularly pre-approve classes for planning purposes. Since a lot of us depend on the Saylor ACE credits I think it's important for others to know the obstacles they may face and how easiest to resolve them

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Do classes from Study.com & Sophia.org appear on Studentclearinghouse.org if... UMPI CanICode 9 1,045 10-17-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Thomas Edison State University Transferring EdwardLong 13 1,744 09-29-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com and SL History Classes Duneranger 8 678 09-10-2023, 06:02 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What order to take classes in using Sophia ltw900rr 12 1,786 09-09-2023, 08:29 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Taking 23 classes at Sophia in one month, is that possible? elcastor21 13 2,016 08-31-2023, 10:48 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Trying to speedrun some SDC classes: Eng 2, Comp. Arch, Soft. Eng, Python 101 Randyb100 16 1,784 06-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Advice on Transferring Sophia Courses SophiaPrincess 32 4,764 06-20-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  5 Study.com Classes EXPIRING 4/30 smarterby1degree 13 2,168 05-19-2023, 02:22 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  Looking for specific classes!! Caecal07 3 487 05-11-2023, 11:59 PM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy