Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cornerstone COSC
I am considering an AS from COSC for our son. I don't know much about the Cornerstone, other than that it is about $1000 for out of state and takes about 8 weeks. Is it similar to the Capstone at TESU? Is it a research paper, or more like an essay? If the former, does it have to be original research? How do you choose a topic?
Question for you, did your son take any community college credits and have at least 12 credits?
The cornerstone is not the same as the capstone at TESU, it may be similar to the cornerstone at TESU though.
The capstone would be taken near the end of the degree for most programs if not all.
Anyways, here's the info on the COSC Cornerstone. https://www.charteroak.edu/bb/Syllabi/ID...ntable.cfm
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
COSC has a cornerstone and capstone. TESU also, but you can get out of the cornerstone at TESU. The cornerstone is done at the start of the degree, so it's much easier than the capstone, which is like showing what you learned during all your courses.

I took it in '13 or '14 so not sure if it has changed, but it is basically are writing class with a few extras thrown in. 3-4 short papers. Mostly essays but the ast one may have been a short research paper.
Andy

---------------------------------

TESC - BSBA: CIS

Current Degree Plan
Complete:  TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics
Remaining:  Waiting for credits to process

As I remember you needed to complete a resume according to the writing guide, there was some online library research to mainly familiarise yourself with several sources of information. I believe there was also a ~1000 word paper either justifying your AoS courses or how you will benefit from the degree.(It was something along those lines I'm 100%)
Cornerstone at COSC is sort if a readiness class, helps make sure your writing is OK and you know how to find information. There was some writing and posting but not a lot. It is required of all students.

There is no capstone at COSC for the AA/AS. Remember FEMA credits are free at COSC.

The Capstone is a much bigger paper 15-20 pages. It is about your experience, bringing it altogether. It is required of all bachelor candidates.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Thanks everyone!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,038 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,356 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Cornerstone waiver Dowew 23 4,713 09-05-2018, 09:49 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,704 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,352 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU Cornerstone stuck in my "cart" MNomadic 8 2,044 08-10-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  COSC AA Help CGaboury 9 3,078 08-03-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  Wait, TESU or COSC? I need to commit NOW. Help! kietro 7 2,473 08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: kietro
  TESU/SDC cornerstone waiver? MNomadic 6 1,743 08-03-2018, 06:37 AM
Last Post: fork
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,835 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium