Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coursera: Free Courses with Free Certificates
Hi all,

I am not sure if this has already been posted here... but yesterday I saw that Coursera is offering 100 free courses, and this includes the certificate. "While many courses on Coursera are already available for free without a certificate, this promotion enables you to not only access lectures and quizzes, but also to earn a free certificate for courses that offer them."

It lasts until May 31. See here for more details:

https://blog.coursera.org/coursera-toget...-covid-19/

For those out of work, might be a great time to acquire a few certificates to put on a LinkedIn profile or resume. 

Sorry if this is a repeat.

Edited to add: forgot to mention that these certificates would serve as excellent pieces of evidence in a portfolio evaluation.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tesu-acct-student's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
the system will allow you to grab more than one as well. which is really great! I added 4! Must be completed in 180 days to get the cert, though!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(04-08-2020, 02:10 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote: the system will allow you to grab more than one as well. which is really great! I added 4! Must be completed in 180 days to get the cert, though!

Are these courses ACE credit and transferable to TESU?
No
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Lacedonia4, the few times you've been asking about free certificates and if they can be transferred to TESU, those courses will not transfer directly to TESU nor are they ACE or have any college credit. However, after saying that, if you finish several of these free certs/courses, you can do a PLA/portfolio for credit as these would be ideal candidates along with experience for successful and usable portfolios.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-13-2020, 11:56 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Lacedonia4, the few times you've been asking about free certificates and if they can be transferred to TESU, those courses will not transfer directly to TESU nor are they ACE or have any college credit.  However, after saying that, if you finish several of these free certs/courses, you can do a PLA/portfolio for credit as these would be ideal candidates along with experience for successful and usable portfolios.
Thanks, didn't know could be used for portfolio. Sorry, not familiar with coursera. I may have asked about other ones, since there are so many, didn't know if they are courses for credit or not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 379 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,673 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  AWIT Real-world Cloud Product (Coursera) Transfer cizzie 26 3,260 03-17-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,394 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,493 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Photo TADA Tier List of Certificates LevelUP 13 2,049 02-23-2024, 10:05 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat