Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cramming American Literature Exam *crisis*
https://quizlet.com/64545891/american-li...ash-cards/

This is great for American Lit!
Zachcleigh Wrote:I guess I'm at 34 then. Not 37

Nixi is right- TESU does it differently for now.
Zachcleigh Wrote:You're scaring me now haha. 34 37????

It is indeed 37, hence the "jk" and cheers emoticon. :p
I take the test tomorrow.....

Any tips for last minute cramming and memorizing?
Get some sleep. Eat a good breakfast. Walk in like you own it.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Passed both exams this morning! What a relief.

American Lit with a 56, and A&I with a 54. Honestly, American Lit (if you know your terms) was pretty easy. Just know the eras with the major works and authors and you'll be okay. A lot of "match this with the author" questions.

A&I on the other hand was a monster. Definitely didn't expect it to be that hard. Don't overlook this one, and make sure to review as much as you can before you submit!
dannypgreen Wrote:Passed both exams this morning! What a relief.

American Lit with a 56, and A&I with a 54. Honestly, American Lit (if you know your terms) was pretty easy. Just know the eras with the major works and authors and you'll be okay. A lot of "match this with the author" questions.

A&I on the other hand was a monster. Definitely didn't expect it to be that hard. Don't overlook this one, and make sure to review as much as you can before you submit!

Completely agree on A&I. A lot of people consider it one of the easiest CLEPs... I'd disagree with my score of 53 Confusedmilelol:

Congratulations!
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

dannypgreen Wrote:passed both exams this morning! What a relief.

American lit with a 56, and a&i with a 54. Honestly, american lit (if you know your terms) was pretty easy. Just know the eras with the major works and authors and you'll be okay. A lot of "match this with the author" questions.

A&i on the other hand was a monster. Definitely didn't expect it to be that hard. Don't overlook this one, and make sure to review as much as you can before you submit!

congratulations!!!!
Zachcleigh Wrote:Completely agree on A&I. A lot of people consider it one of the easiest CLEPs... I'd disagree with my score of 53 Confusedmilelol:

Congratulations!

I call that one an "endurance" race. Both my husband and I took it on the same day. I read a lot but realized I DON'T do THAT kind of reading a lot lol. It requires focused hard reading for the whole length of the test- I think I had fewer than a minute to spare walking out of there. Hubby said it was the worst experience of his life lol. He HATED that exam. He passed, I can't remember his score- low 50's. I would say if your reading comprehension is even a little shaky you're going to hate this test- and I don't mean regular reading, I mean reading like King James Bible, old classics and poetry.
I purchased the College Board CLEP practice exam for $20 for Am. Lit. My test is tomorrow and I am still double checking passages from the authors covered. I have a feeling the test questions aren't going to mirror the actual questions so I will do a lot of skimming major works tonight. Ughghg. Using tips mentioned in this thread like identifying eras, authors, and the major works. I may create my own matching test.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 41 5,852 Yesterday, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,439 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,253 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 2,414 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,251 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis bjcheung77 1 381 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 950 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 671 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,367 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 509 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles