Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit for Industry Certs Part II
I just wanted to start this thread back up because the last one got a little side tracked.

All of you MSCE's and CCNA's and Comptia+'s have it easy! I'm RHCE and I can't find a school that grants credit for that cert. (I would like it to be worth 10,000 Applied Professional credits, but will settle for 2)

College credit for certification is a wonderful thing. I just wish I didn't have to wait (until next month) to get my CCNA to use it!
Sad thing is, RHCE is probably the hardest of any of them to get.
bawhitsett Wrote:Sad thing is, RHCE is probably the hardest of any of them to get.

Welcome to this forum!!!!!!! Smile
~ X ~
Thanks, it's good to be here.Big Grin
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
pavlc Wrote:I just wanted to start this thread back up because the last one got a little side tracked.

All of you MSCE's and CCNA's and Comptia+'s have it easy! I'm RHCE and I can't find a school that grants credit for that cert. (I would like it to be worth 10,000 Applied Professional credits, but will settle for 2)

College credit for certification is a wonderful thing. I just wish I didn't have to wait (until next month) to get my CCNA to use it!

Now...as a CNE, CCNA, and former CCDA and CCNP (going back after the Cisco Certified Network Professional certification currently) I wouldn't say it's easy. Still, I wouldn't envy having to do the studying for Red Hat, to be sure. Good luck with that. Unfortunately, the university I am attending does not take any...and I mean any :mad: ...certs unless they are ACE approved (or something along those lines).
[SIZE="1"]Richard[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]AAS - Computer Science
Attending Wayland Baptist University: BS - CS
79 additional classroom credits
Next exam: Here's To Your Health
Recently taken: Principles of Supervision - 62
CCNA, CNE, retaking CCNP exams[/SIZE]
Red hat is tough..I wish i understood the evaluation process. I mean the real hard ones give no credit, and the easy ones like comptia give alot. What should a RHCE, CCIE, or CISSP be worth? 6,9,12 credits? I was told that an average CCIE test taker has over 200 hours of study time. Just a thought
Ever searched for some of your certs? Seems like they SHOULD count...

http://www.acenet.edu/nationalguide/advanced_search.cfm
[SIZE="1"]CLEPS:
[COLOR="green"]Social Sciences and History
College Math
English Composition (no essay) [/COLOR]

DANTES:
[COLOR="green"]World Religions
Civil War and Reconstruction
Drug & Alcohol Abuse
Management Information Systems [/COLOR]

Excelsior:
[COLOR="Green"]Organizational Behavior
Ethics: Theory and Practice
World Conflicts since 1900
World Population [/COLOR][/SIZE]

All done! 42 credits by exam
The RHCE was pretty tough. I got it about 5 years ago and it's expired now. Of course, when I got it, Red Hat said it would always be vaild and never expire.
I am not planning to renew it because I figure if you have the RHCE, you know your stuff and linux fundumentals have pretty much stayed the same.
Now the CCNA that I'm studying for, all I can say is I hate all the subnetting that I have been trying to practice doing in my head!
I have been told that they upgraded the test and there is a TON of IPv6 material on it...Mine expires in april so I am studying for the 642-502 Router and Switch Security test to renew...good luck, i recommend the boson simulator. Its a great way to prep with real life hands on sims...
I'm in the middle of the third (of 4) Cisco Network Academy class series at the local college and the ipv6 hasn't been talked about in depth at all. Maybe they go over it in the fourth class? Everything I have read is be able to subnet in your head because of the time crunch of the exam.

Also, as for simulators, cisco has a new one out for the Cisco Network Academy students.
It's called packettracer. The recently released 4.0 version seems to be able to do anything that a regualr router, switch and host can do, except ospf routing protocol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you keep a part time job listed on your LinkedIn Vle045 3 836 04-26-2022, 11:23 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  What Is College Worth in The Media Industry? Kal Di 6 1,102 02-28-2022, 06:48 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is this part of why medical school is so expensive ? indigoshuffle 2 1,039 05-28-2020, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Ruin a College or Alt-Credit Provider Name… Jonathan Whatley 9 2,168 05-23-2020, 04:37 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  American Opportunity Tax Credit sirjake 13 4,641 05-02-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: BrianFallon
  Free Nikon Photography classes -non credit cwendy111 0 674 04-10-2020, 02:15 AM
Last Post: cwendy111
  Unable to locate a past syllabi’s course for credit boymom1031 8 2,725 11-27-2019, 01:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sallie Mae Credit Cards Poor Decision armstrongsubero 34 4,186 07-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Cisco certs dewisant 2 1,123 05-05-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Free credit Temarsha 5 1,937 02-17-2019, 12:52 AM
Last Post: jsd