Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credits for Coursera (Google/IBM) Certs?
How would these Google/IBM Coursera certificates transfer to UMPI - especially the project management cert? 

Google
  • IT Support
  • Data Analytics
  • Project Management
  • UX Design
IBM
  • Cybersecurity Analyst
  • Data Science Professional
  • Data Analyst Professional
Their pages on ACEnet:
  1. Google
  2. IBM

Attached Files
.xlsx   ACE Credits - Coursera.xlsx (Size: 6.2 KB / Downloads: 35)
I don't think anyone has transferred in any of these yet. But, based on how UMPI's Project Management classes work, I wouldn't even bother with trying to transfer that one in. We already know that Sophia's Project Management course results in you skipping a final project that is essential to later UL Project Management courses.

The others should be fine, but don't really fit with anything at UMPI aside from a BLS or a BAS. Even then, probably just electives if they are accepted.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • jch
I haven't seen the Google certifications transfer to UMPI yet. I wouldn't do the PM one for UMPI. If you want to minor or major in Project Management at UMPI then you need to take the PM courses at UMPI because they build on the LL course. The LL course is needed for the UL courses Final Assessment.

UMPI doesn't have an IT or CS degrees so at best these certifications would come in as general electives. Not worth the time or money since you can get much faster, cheaper, and easier general electives completed on Sophia, InstantCert, and Study.com.
I think it's a good idea to complete these even though they come in as free electives, if you need free electives anyways. Other than that, it'll be a great option for getting your knowledge and skill set upgraded inexpensively. Not everyone has to take courses because they transfer, if you like to learn something these courses/certs offer, then go for it, the ability to transfer is just "icing" on the cake... I would also look into PUG Exceltrack and BSPr in addition to UMPI's BAS/BLS.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-11-2021, 10:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think anyone has transferred in any of these yet. But, based on how UMPI's Project Management classes work, I wouldn't even bother with trying to transfer that one in. We already know that Sophia's Project Management course results in you skipping a final project that is essential to later UL Project Management courses.  

The others should be fine, but don't really fit with anything at UMPI aside from a BLS or a BAS. Even then, probably just electives if they are accepted.

Oh my, I must have missed this info about Sophia's Project Management, allowing you to skip the final project at UMPI.  I took the entire course last night and found it interesting. How does this work?
(12-17-2021, 11:17 AM)CCCC Wrote:
(12-11-2021, 10:58 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think anyone has transferred in any of these yet. But, based on how UMPI's Project Management classes work, I wouldn't even bother with trying to transfer that one in. We already know that Sophia's Project Management course results in you skipping a final project that is essential to later UL Project Management courses.  

Oh my, I must have missed this info about Sophia's Project Management, allowing you to skip the final project at UMPI.  I took the entire course last night and found it interesting. How does this work?

You're not allowed to skip any of the Final Assessments. UMPI accepts Sophia's PM course as BUS141. In BUS141 your project is the template you'll us for BUS400 and BUS401. If you don't take BUS141 at UMPI then you have to create the template on your own as you don't have it from BUS141. That's why I don't recommend taking Sophia's PM course if you're going to complete the minor or concentration in PM at UMPI. Sophia's course also has nothing to do with PMI which is the gold standard in PM.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • CCCC, Pikachu
I added in another thread and felt it was helpful to include in this one:

Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate

transfers into UMPI as:

3 credits for BUS 245
6 credits for COS 1XX (elective credits) 

If you are interested in the BABA Project Management it fills BUS 245 course + 6 electives. And for any other degree, it gives you 9 electives. If you can finish the 7-day trial that's 9 credits for free and even if it takes one-two months, that's 9 credits for $39-$78 dollars. 

It is not an easy course; however, it is doable and brings a sweet return.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 2 users Like KSoul's post:
  • FastTrackDegree, Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 363 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Do credits expire? mattbau43 10 424 04-10-2024, 04:28 PM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,723 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Can I transfer credits after applying? annanotherone 8 565 02-22-2024, 11:39 AM
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 995 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Which degree with these credits? duetomorrowdotomorrow 3 488 01-19-2024, 04:25 PM
  Any recommendations for last 6 credits? CTIrons82 3 490 01-16-2024, 09:24 PM
  How to get all credits necessary. Kwefi 15 1,497 01-03-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Google Certs to UMPI - TADA Alumni Chimera 4 543 01-03-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Coursera Google Data Analytics is a "non credit certificate" but accepted at UMPI? FM1 5 750 12-12-2023, 11:59 PM