Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBA from Collegium Humanum (Poland)
Duration: 2 semesters, 60 ECTS
Part-time mode (Saturday / Sunday)

https://dba.humanum.pl/en/study-programme/

Here it mentions an anual fee of 12,900 Eur (or 6,900 per semester):

https://dba.humanum.pl/en/tuition-fees/

They also mention the "Alfred Nobel Open Business School" as one of their partners, and you could also try to get the DBA through them, in that website it says:

5,000 eur per semester

https://anobs.ch/en/fees/

ANOBS is not accredited.

However, everything seems correct with Collegium Humanum (Established 2018).

The diploma sample from ANOBS website says this (there are 3 pages):

https://anobs.ch/wp-content/uploads/2019...letion.pdf
A DBA completed in 2 semesters? As in 30 weeks?
60 ECTS is like 30 US credits. That's barely enough for a masters degree. I have difficulty imagining any US school or evaluation service recognizing this as a doctorate. I hope someone proves me wrong though...
At that price, I'd say just go for the DHA at VUL. Honestly, VUL should have made the DHA a DBA with a concentration in Healthcare Admin. and it probably would have filled a huge niche.
ss20ts Wrote:A DBA completed in 2 semesters? As in 30 weeks?

I was reading that too, I am also confused on the length as there is an option for an "annual" fee.

smartdegree Wrote:60 ECTS is like 30 US credits. That's barely enough for a masters degree. I have difficulty imagining any US school or evaluation service recognizing this as a doctorate. I hope someone proves me wrong though...

That's what it states, I guess it is 60 ECTS above the initial Masters degree. So, technically that would be a Masters degree plus more than the "60 ECTS" alone in the DBA, as there is a prerequisite.

DeanLewis Wrote:At that price, I'd say just go for the DHA at VUL. Honestly, VUL should have made the DHA a DBA with a concentration in Healthcare Admin. and it probably would have filled a huge niche.

Hopefully in the future they bring something out like the DBA with several other concentrations in addition to the Healthcare Admin option you're proposing.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Check the DBA under Bologna agreement, where it is placed. Also check requeriments, you can go from a bachelor or need a master, must the master be research oriented?
In Europe only PhD are consired doctoral degrees and all american doctorates usually are master level degrees. It can be a doctorade but should need a minimum of 300 ETCS prior to it, and probably a dissertation. I did not check it, but be aware that between countries things change.

I check their website and they say the can offer 1st and second level degree and postgraduate studies... As far as I know (sorry if I'm wrong) doctorates are 3rd level university studies. Bachelor<Master <doctor.
Somebody did check it with them or tried to pass one of this DBA trough WES?
Kab,

You're correct. A globally recognized European doctorate is classified as third-cycle studies. The Polish DBA is a "non-degree postgraduate studies" program. Collegium Humanum can only provide a "Certificate of Completion of Postgraduate Studies" in various fields. This is a Polish program intended for further education of Bachelor's and Master's graduates. However, the graduates will not receive a proper degree at the end of the short program. MBAs and DBAs are not treated as Master's or Doctorate degrees in Poland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes openair's post:
  • Kab
Having looked at the attached document, I can now see that the word 'degree' is used with the Collegium Humanum DBA. This is very misleading. I am changing my attitude toward the school. They don't have any rights to grant doctoral degrees from Polish authorities in charge of accreditation.
That's confusing, no wonder the numbers and semesters don't line up, at most that timeframe will be 2 years. It seems this is similar to a level 8 "top up" program in the UK, where you complete the bulk of the courses and the dissertation is what is left to take at the graduating university where you transfer the level 8 graduate diploma... So, in essence, this should be a 2 year post graduate diploma and not a degree...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • MrPanda
I think that you are right. In my case, it would be much safer, to take one of the 3 years PhD programs in Portugal from Universidade Aberta or ISCTE, since those shouldn´t have recognition problems either in Peru or Europe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 4,621 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77