Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSST Intro To Law Enforcement
I am working towards my BA Liberal Studies at TESU and have 114 credits on my degree evaluation so far. I just passed DSST Intro to Law Enforcement exam yesterday and found out from an advisor at TESU advising hotline that its not considered an UL course. Is that the case? Both ACE and DSST websites list it as an UL course.

Anyone having any experience with this please let me know as I was under the impression that I only had capstone left to complete after yesterday :-(
TESU considers this AOJ-101. They have it this way on their website: DSST (formerly DANTES)

That is a major bummer. But, you are so close that you don't want to let this get in the way of graduating. So, if you tell us what other UL courses you already have, and what way you like to take courses/exams best (DSST, TECEP, Study.com), and we can give some recommendations as to the best UL course/exam to take.

My recommendations:
Business Communication (SL)
Business Ethics (SL)
Org Behavior (DSST, SL, Study.com)
World Religions (DSST, SL)
Substance Abuse (DSST)
History of the Vietnam War (DSST, Study.com)
Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (DSST)
MIS (DSST)
Abnormal Psych (TECEP, Study.com)
Research Methods in Psychology (Study.com)
Social Psychology (Study.com)

As always, I would get the course pre-approved before taking it so you know with 100% certainty that it will come in as planned.

Good luck!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks dfrecore. I am not sure if I would have progressed to where I am today without the help and support of such wonderful people on the forum like you.
It was a major dent to my excitement when I heard today that its not considered an UL course as I was looking forward to getting on the capstone wonder wagon. I guess that has to wait now...

I have already completed :

Business Ethics and Society (DSST)
Org Behavior (DSST)
World Religions (DSST)
Substance Abuse (DSST)
History of the Vietnam War (DSST)

I dropped TESU an email today to confirm if Social Psychology (Study.com) will fit the bill but I am already signed up and completed 2 chapters out of the 10. I am just hoping and trying my best to complete my degree as early as possible but am not very thrilled with the academic advising at TESU.

Thanks again for your help. I truly appreciate it !
amit Wrote:Thanks dfrecore. I am not sure if I would have progressed to where I am today without the help and support of such wonderful people on the forum like you.
It was a major dent to my excitement when I heard today that its not considered an UL course as I was looking forward to getting on the capstone wonder wagon. I guess that has to wait now...

I have already completed :

Business Ethics and Society (DSST)
Org Behavior (DSST)
World Religions (DSST)
Substance Abuse (DSST)
History of the Vietnam War (DSST)

I dropped TESU an email today to confirm if Social Psychology (Study.com) will fit the bill but I am already signed up and completed 2 chapters out of the 10. I am just hoping and trying my best to complete my degree as early as possible but am not very thrilled with the academic advising at TESU.

Thanks again for your help. I truly appreciate it !

You're very welcome - always happy to help!

TESU (on Study.com's website) says it comes in as PSY-370: Thomas Edison State University. So you should be good to go on that one.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi dfrecore

This is the response I got back from TESU academic advising and it does not make any sense. Not sure what to do now...

"The Study.com Social Psychology course is currently equated to our PSY-370. PSY-370 does not fulfill the Personal and Social Responsibility requirement for your degree."
amit Wrote:Hi dfrecore

This is the response I got back from TESU academic advising and it does not make any sense. Not sure what to do now...

"The Study.com Social Psychology course is currently equated to our PSY-370. PSY-370 does not fulfill the Personal and Social Responsibility requirement for your degree."

So they are saying that is is an UL Psych course. But apparently, you haven't fulfilled the Personal & Social Responsibility area, and need to take a course there? Not sure.

If you want to post your eval here, that might help to see what they're talking about.
dfrecore Wrote:So they are saying that is is an UL Psych course. But apparently, you haven't fulfilled the Personal & Social Responsibility area, and need to take a course there? Not sure.

If you want to post your eval here, that might help to see what they're talking about.

I think they were confused but when I replied back to them stating if they can move an existing course that I have completed from the Liberal Studies bracket and apply it towards Personal and Social responsibility bracket, they moved Intro to world religion to satisfy Personal and Social responsibility requirement and will add Social Psychology from Study.com to satisfy UL liberal Studies requirement. They also stated that they cannot pre approve study.com courses as they are transfered on ACE transcript and TESU has the policy to not approve ACE courses in advance.

I hope they do accept Social Psychology so that I can move to focus on capstone.
They'll definitely accept social psychology.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:They'll definitely accept social psychology.

Thanks jsd !
(08-31-2016, 10:19 AM)amitwas wondering what material you used to study for intro to law enforcement? Wrote: I am working towards my BA Liberal Studies at TESU and have 114 credits on my degree evaluation so far. I just passed DSST Intro to Law Enforcement exam yesterday and found out from an advisor at TESU advising hotline that its not considered an UL course. Is that the case? Both ACE and DSST websites list it as an UL course.

Anyone having any experience with this please let me know as I was under the impression that I only had capstone left to complete after yesterday :-(

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU received my DSST transcript - do I need to do anything? Kelly Green 8 2,327 08-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,826 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,015 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,157 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  DSST Management Information Systems and CLEP Business Information systems vetvso 10 2,575 06-06-2018, 08:41 PM
  SL Intro to C++ transfer as 3cr not 4cr? mudball 4 1,419 02-06-2018, 06:38 PM
Last Post: mudball
  Business Statistics & Intro to Computer Science masrat858 3 1,406 12-29-2017, 08:43 PM
  DSST Supervision transfer to Excelsior bernieyeater 3 1,611 10-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Can intro to psychology, sociology & criminal justice used as general ed at TESU posabsolute 7 2,130 10-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Excelsior DSST equivalency clep3705 2 2,266 07-01-2017, 12:10 AM