Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Davar Academy
Hello all, looking to complete some credits, and Davar looks promising; however, being located in Japan, search engines don't really return much with regards to experiences folks have had using their services.

I'm looking for the unvarnished truth, as I've got 4 LL Arts & Sciences (must take 1 science for 2 credits minimum) and 6 UL general Arts & Sciences credits to complete for EC.

That said, I understand that the courses are "self-paced" and require that you schedule a test with Proctor U. Just looking to see if I should refocus my efforts on CLEP/DSST. I'm in the military and due to retire soon, so the race is on...
I've run into a roadblock where the credits I need aren't covered by the CLEP/DSST, as I've taken most of them in one form or another. The ones that remain available are the semi-difficult ones, which would consume a bunch of my time as I'm paranoid about passing them.

For reference, I'm decent at memorization and subsequent informational dump; however, I was working at Intro to World Religions DSST and got irritated, as the names are too similar when you're talking about Daoism or Confucianism. Intro to World Religions is the only DSST I can take for applicable UL credit that's left. I did manage to take and pass the Business Ethics & Society DSST about a year ago. IC was the only resource I used to take the test, but got I hit with a ton of questions about Kant that weren't covered on IC, and I was paranoid about passing.

Any insight to Davar and your relative experience is appreciated.
jgsmith5 Wrote:For reference, I'm decent at memorization and subsequent informational dump; however, I was working at Intro to World Religions DSST and got irritated, as the names are too similar when you're talking about Daoism or Confucianism. Intro to World Religions is the only DSST I can take for applicable UL credit that's left.
Any insight to Davar and your relative experience is appreciated.

This is not insight for Davar, however since you mention Intro to World Religion I wanted to share that I recently took the course through Straighterline. You may want to look into it; it worked out great for me. Congrats on the Bus Ethics & Society BTW...I just passed that one a couple weeks ago.
Goal: TESU BSBA - GEN. MGMT.

Straighterline
Intro to Religion 98%
Business Ethics 89%
Business Law 82%
Cultural Anthropology 96%
Environmental Science 92%
Intro to Nutrition 90%

DSST

Business Ethics and Society - 460
Technical writing - 441
Criminal Justice - 458

Coursework: UAA Anchorage GPA 3.66
ENG 109
ENG 111
PSY 150
Davar is new, they were part of Tor College Credits. TECEP exams are also taken through ProctorU. See if any of those work. UExcel exams are also offered at testing sites globally. See if any testing sites are near you. Personally I think taking an established test that you can use Instantcert or Saylor Academy to study for is a better bet (a few TECEP tests line up with Saylor).
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Davar is not separate from Tor, they just renamed themselves. The old for site redirects to the new place. Search for reviews on Tor college credit.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
DSST Intro to World Religions was downgraded so now it is lower level credit.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davar Academy experience - MAN-330 International Management TopHatWombat 6 1,369 12-30-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: mariobros1985
  American Dream Alumni Academy? acethroughcollege 18 4,362 07-10-2023, 01:15 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,375 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,182 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Davar Academy Preview? Carnation 3 823 01-01-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WGU Academy has more ACE courses MNomadic 8 1,633 10-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  older National Fire Academy (NETC/FEMA) can now have ACE badges issued on Credly! jsd 14 1,926 02-23-2022, 02:32 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Kahn academy Pats20 4 1,077 10-08-2021, 01:06 PM
  DAVAR, SOPHIA, COOPERSMITH, etc creationstory 10 1,866 08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
Information WGU Academy Launches their Own ACE Course MNomadic 2 1,025 06-30-2021, 09:02 PM