Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decision Time - Straighterline, CLEP, DSST, or Study.com
(08-28-2020, 07:20 PM)TwinMom Wrote: Good to know you had no trouble. I am willing to be the complaints I read about were people who did the "no risk" trial, but didn't follow through on cancelling before the termination date. Alot of internet companies can be hard to get someone on the phone, so cancelling can be a challenge. I'll just be sure that if I use SDC that I have a plan for stopping the billing when I am done.

You pause or cancel it yourself from your dashboard. No need to contact customer service.  Easy Peasy.

one exception is....
The need to contact customer service is in the 30 day trial if you want to get refund. Then yes, one needs to contact them. Here's that info
https://support.study.com/support/soluti...my-account-

But for regular canceling/pausing.. through the dashboard and that's it.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(08-28-2020, 03:07 PM)dh5150 Wrote: Hello Everyone,

I intended to take the CLEP and DSST exams some time ago and have been a paying member at Instacert for much too long for not having done it. So, wasted money so far, but now is the time to get it done. 

I have three classes left at APU for a Bachelors, and since I first looked at credit by exam options a few years ago, AUP added Straighterline, Excelsior, and Study.com

I am mostly concerned about time investment against likely hood of success. For testing or classes my choices are:

Straighterline
Introduction to Business
Satisfies: BUSN100

Study.com
Introduction to Business (Business 100)]
Principles of Marketing  (Business 102)
Satisfies: MKTG201 Fundamentals of Marketing
Principles of Supervision (Business 111)
Satisfies: MGMT101 Principles of Supervision

Excelsior
Principles of Marketing

CLEP
Principles of Marketing

DSST
Introduction to Business
Principles of Supervision
Satisfies: MGMT101 Principles of Supervision

These are the only options offered by APU as able to transfer or credit by exam. 

I've read a few posts about Study.com since this forum is the only place I have found that provides any details on the process. Most of the posts made it sound pretty straight forward to use Study.com, but I can't tell if the final for the course exams are a proctored test or not. I live in a somewhat rural location, so having to travel for exams is something I would like to avoid. 

I can take the one CLEP exam locally at a community college, but DSST exams require at least an hour and a half commute. I have yet to look into Straighterline, so if anyone has any details on this source like course difficulty, time investment, proctored exams or not, or any other worthwhile info I would appreciate it. Also, I have yet to look at Excelsior, so any feedback on their tests and process would help.

Thanks for any assistance or information you can provide.

My take on the cancellation issue is that people who didn't read and thought money back guarantee was the same thing as free trial got bent over it.  IMHO SDC is your best bet.  No need to leave your house and you should be able to easily do those 3 courses in 30 days so you are looking at $270.  The proctoring is no hassle and you can cancel as soon as you pass your last exam.  That is what I did.  It was no trouble and they still sent the transcripts.  I did 27 credits with them and I have detected 0 'scaminess'.
[-] The following 2 users Like tallpilot's post:
  • P226mem, rachel83az
And don't forget you can only take each course once with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 94 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,324 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,482 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,688 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 262 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 9 563 02-17-2024, 01:56 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat